Wholesaling infill lots/land. Letters vs postcard? Need some advice please

Wholesaling infill lots/land. Letters vs postcard? Need some advice please

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote

I have mailed out a couple thousand letters & closed on one land deal. Then switched to a yellow post cards because I heard they got more responses. In total I have mailed out a little over 6k post cards & no deal. Wondering if I should switch back to letters or switch up the postcard itself?? 

1Reply
75 views

Most Popular Reply

Title Representative · Irvine, CA · Member since 2017 · 874 posts · 519 votes
3y

On Steve Trang's "Real Estate Disruptors" podcast, about four months ago, he interviewed Ray Zhang who is wholesaling land. I'd recommend listening to his interview; he talk about mail, etc..  He also has a company named Land Flip Inc thats educational.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Title Representative · Irvine, CA · Member since 2017 · 874 posts · 519 votes
    3y

    On Steve Trang's "Real Estate Disruptors" podcast, about four months ago, he interviewed Ray Zhang who is wholesaling land. I'd recommend listening to his interview; he talk about mail, etc..  He also has a company named Land Flip Inc thats educational.  

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    PM sent!

  • Contractor · Raleigh-Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    Curious to everyone's opinion as well.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I'm not overly fond of postcards except in certain situations. They work as a follow up to people I've already touched, but as an initial lead generator, they need to be sent in the thousands. It's just simple math. Post Cards tend to go into the trash with other marketing pieces and never get a second glance.

    Before sending anything else, I would verify that your list is indeed targeting the right people in the right place: those who own what you want to buy, mailed to them where they live, and filtered by the ability to sell at a discount.

    Once you're sure you have the right folks at the right address, put yourself into their shoes and write something that would grab your attention.

    That has always worked well for me.

  • Investor · IN · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Jerry Puckett:

    I'm not overly fond of postcards except in certain situations. They work as a follow up to people I've already touched, but as an initial lead generator, they need to be sent in the thousands. It's just simple math. Post Cards tend to go into the trash with other marketing pieces and never get a second glance.

    Before sending anything else, I would verify that your list is indeed targeting the right people in the right place: those who own what you want to buy, mailed to them where they live, and filtered by the ability to sell at a discount.

    Once you're sure you have the right folks at the right address, put yourself into their shoes and write something that would grab your attention.

    That has always worked well for me.

    I can attest to this. We have professionally designed post cards and they’re great for follow up. We connected with one seller through cold calling and sent a postcard the same day and were under contract in the same week.

    We’ve sent post cards and letters in bulk on the initial pass and tend to get higher response rates with letters.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.