What does your data workflow look like for wholesaling?

What does your data workflow look like for wholesaling?

tampa, FL · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote

I wholesale in Florida and California, and I’m curious how other operators handle the data side of the business.

Are you mostly using PropStream/BatchLeads, buying niche lists, having VAs pull county data, or going direct to the county yourselves?

For anyone pulling direct, has the extra work actually been worth it?

0Reply
374 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 95 votes
    3w

    I use a hybrid workflow: a broad list or niche source for discovery, then direct county records for the short list. PropStream/BatchLeads can save time on the first pass, but before I put anything in a buyer’s box I verify the parcel/folio, owner, taxes or liens, and sale status against the property appraiser and clerk. The extra work is worth it on the final candidates; I save the source date and the underlying record references so the buyer can audit them. I would not manually pull every county record for every lead.

    For one Broward example, my current public-record packet is 4253 SW 124 Terrace, Miramar (folio 514035141360; Broward clerk sale Sep 22, 2026; BCPA just value $465,190; not under contract), and I treat it as paid information—not a closing-contingent fee.

  • Investor · Pacific Northwest · Member since 2026 · 538 posts · 302 votes
    3w
    I’d separate discovery data from decision data. PropStream/BatchLeads/niche lists are useful for finding candidates fast. I wouldn’t treat any of them as the final authority on a property. Once a lead survives the first pass, I go back to primary sources: assessor/property appraiser, recorder/clerk, tax records, permit/code data where relevant, and the actual sale/ownership history. Then I normalize it into one record and flag anything that conflicts or is stale instead of quietly picking whichever source looks best. The direct-county work is absolutely worth it—but not on 50,000 records. It’s worth it on the 50 or 500 that are actually moving toward an offer, buyer packet, or contract. The workflow is basically: wide discovery → narrow candidates → primary-source verification → normalized record → underwriting/outreach → continuous refresh The biggest mistake I see isn’t using the “wrong” list provider. It’s losing track of where each fact came from, when it was true, and whether something newer contradicted it. Ziad, happy to connect. This is exactly the kind of data workflow I spend a lot of time working on, and I’d be interested to compare notes on how you’re handling FL vs. CA.
  • Member since 2026 · 230 posts · 35 votes
    3w

    I use PropStream for most of my direct mail and skip-trace work, but honestly I layer in public records pulls and MLS comps manually depending on the deal type—PropStream alone isn't always enough for wholesaling math. BatchLeads is solid too; some guys I know prefer it for the real-time updates. The real win is picking one tool and actually using it consistently rather than jumping between platforms. What's your current workflow looking like?

    • tampa, FL · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote
      3w

      I used to do that too. I recently came across something interesting tho, a platform called lispend.com (I don't gatekeep lol)
      been using it to get first to market data stacked and enriched, I would recoomend not using their skiptracing though it's mediocre results but their data is peak really, I now get contracts smsblasting only and it's enough for me, they have some cool features but I only care about the data though. I

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.