Very first property under contract

Very first property under contract

Wholesaler · Clearfield, UT · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes

Well I have some exciting news, I got my very first property under contract yesterday!!! The last 5 months of just education through bigger pockets, youtube, many books, and Sean Terry's free podcast have prepared me so much!! Over the last 5 months I have listened to Sean's podcasts on my commute to and from work and he provided the best knowledge when it comes to wholesaling properties!!! Just opened up escrow with a title company and now I am marketing for cash buyers!! This has been a really fun and busy processes and I can't wait until I can do 2-3 of these a month. My goal is to put away 50k in the bank and then at that point I am quitting my full time job and getting out of the rat race!! Exciting and fun times ahead!!! 

HERE'S TO FREEDOM!!!

8Reply
57 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

Hey @Darren Nichols ! I love the enthusiasm. I can just feel your  excitement and joy radiating through my computer screen, I love it. Something tells me you're going to love fishing for your own wholesale deals when you get out there full-time buddy!

And.... HERE'S TO FREEDOM AS WELL!!!

Getting out of the rat race is a big step for you. I'm a newbie and I haven't done my first deal yet, but man o' man, I get so motivated reading threads like this one!

Sean Terry's podcast is something I need to look into. 

How did you go about finding your property Darren? Please tell me all about how you successfully got this deal?

Can't wait to hear more Darren!!! :)

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    12y
    Darren Nichols congrats!!! Great motivation for me and all the new investors.
  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 95 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    Congratulations Darren, I have a 4 month old. Thats why I am looking into RE investing. Wholesaling is not my thing, I am more of the buy and hold mindset. Alwayse good to hear a success story.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Congrats

  • Real Estate Investor · Elk City, OK · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    @Darren Nichols

    Congratulations, with your enthusiasm you'll be a great success.. Keep us informed as to how it works out. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Congratulations on your first of many contracts! Keep it up!

  • Real Estate Investor · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Congrats Darren.

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    Darren, congrats and many more!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Beverly, MA · Member since 2013 · 353 posts · 93 votes
    12y

    Nice Job! Keep up the momentum

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Darren,

               I always like reading people´s comments the best, and the one where John Elmenhe said he could feel your excitement made me say ¨me too!¨

    Meanwhile, the other comment about getting to your local REIA meeting was spot on as well.

    A good lesson for other people reading this is try and get together a decent buyer´s list early on, so when you finally do your first deal, you can flip it a.s.a.p.

    It is very exciting!!

    Congratulations

  • Professional · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    That is awesome!! Keep up the good work!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Darren Nichols  Congratulations on your first deal! Your excitement is palpable. I'm a newbie, in the education process, and it's great to see someone making it work. I love the way you're looking ahead and planning for the future you want.  :-)

    Please keep us posted as things move forward.

    Dawn

  • Involved In Real Estate · Anderson, SC · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Congratulations! 

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 308 posts · 94 votes
    12y
    Congrats and keep us posted
  • Belvidere, IL · Member since 2009 · 88 posts · 22 votes
    12y
    Congrats Darren Nichols ! Keep up the good work. Just a little tip. In your percentage breakdown about what you'd be doing with your profit from the wholesale. Your percentages added up to 100% which is great, but don't forget about taxes that'll be about 25-30% also. Maybe you had that factored in, in your mind, just wouldn't want you to be surprised at tax time. Don't get me wrong paying more taxes is a good problem to have. Just not something you want to forget about, or even plan your expenses so you can write off some or, most of the profit. Get a good CPA. Again congrats I look forward to hearing how it plays out.
  • Centerville, UT · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    @Darren Nichols How did this play out?

  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    12y

    @Darren Nichols thanks for the enthusiasm and kind words. Best of luck to you!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Update?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.