Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
Question for all you expert Wholesalers who do multiple, multiple deals per month:
How many properties do you wholesale on average per month, per year? For these properties, I'm inquiring about ones where you have direct control (either under contract or have title to). Not those you move for another wholesaler on a referral fee basis. And how many staff do you require in order to run your operation, and what are their roles (ie. Marketing, talking to sellers, negotiating with buyers, handling the closing, etc.)
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
12y
I am surprised no one has commented yet.
The range is going to vary considerably. Some do this part time, some do a few very profitable deals some do a ton of low profit deals.
I will sell about 40-50 properties this year. My average hold time is probably 5-6 months. My experience is not typical at all as my lead funnel is tax sale foreclosures. This causes many issues that drag out the length of the deal.
I'm doing around 10-12 wholesale deals a year on a P/T basis. All my marketing is being outsourced and everything else in my wholesale business is being done by myself. This business is simple, but not easy.
Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
Thanks for the responses so far.
@Ned Carey how many people do you utilize to handle that much volume per year, or do you do it all yourself, but just have a very good system in place?
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
12y
I have my business partner Mike, in the spring we get people to help us inspect properties before the tax sale. Most of the properties we sell are by auction. Basically it is two people.
I still average 2 wholesales a month when my heart is really in it, less when my band gets booked up!!
I outsource my marketing to my other entity,
I have a VA who helps me with the phone and keeps my database and contacts clean. This role is almost always filled by a BP colleague looking for a Mentor/Coach.
I have a contractor/buyer who helps me with a lot of my boots on the ground.
I do all of the negotiating and write my own contracts.
From the time the phone rings to a contract is usually 3 or 4 days although negotiation has at times gone on for months. On average I spend about 4 to 6 hours per deal. From the time the contract is inked to the time I have a Buyer is usually about 5 minutes. I have exactly 3 buyers on my list that buy 98% of whatever I get under contract. Craigslist usually takes care of the rest.
@Ned Carey , I sure would like to hear more about your business model.....
Wholesaler · Riverview, FL · Member since 2011 · 28 posts · 9 votes
12y
I know a fellow investor who does about 1,000 mails out fors 2 deals a month. He makes about 1k-4k/deal. He does this as part time work and has his process mostly automated.
Wholesaler · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 22 votes
12y
I am a wholesaler in Las Vegas NV. I have a small team of people that help me with my small business. Here is our current model
I have 2 guys that help me with my signs and boots on the ground marketing
2 guys that I am training for Negotiating contracts
3 ladies that help with our mailer program in house
2 title companies we use
2 real estate agents and a broker
4 Private money sources
9 Investors
We currently do anywhere between 3-7 wholesale deals per month and we make between $3k-$11K per deal. We have all of our deals go through title and escrow. We work closely with our investors to insure that they get good quality deals every month.
Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 61 posts · 12 votes
11y
Could you please share the type of marketing that you do (signs/letter/post card/) and what type of lists if any that you are targeting. What type of deals (wholesale/retail/fix&flip) that you all do.
I looking to generate 15 to 20 k consistently and so trying to come up with a good strategy.
Syracuse, NY · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 35 votes
11y
You're looking to generate 15-20K annually or per month? If the answer is monthly, that is an awesome (albeit lofty) goal. Good luck to you on that one! (sincerly meant).
I am new to this. My husband and I only need to do a deal that generates $5K every 2.5 months in order to replace his income. We plan for him to quit his job and go FT with Wholesaling come March. We are putting in forty hours per week in education and plan to begin our first round of direct mailing on January 3rd.
I still average 2 wholesales a month when my heart is really in it, less when my band gets booked up!!
I outsource my marketing to my other entity,
I have a VA who helps me with the phone and keeps my database and contacts clean. This role is almost always filled by a BP colleague looking for a Mentor/Coach.
I have a contractor/buyer who helps me with a lot of my boots on the ground.
I do all of the negotiating and write my own contracts.
From the time the phone rings to a contract is usually 3 or 4 days although negotiation has at times gone on for months. On average I spend about 4 to 6 hours per deal. From the time the contract is inked to the time I have a Buyer is usually about 5 minutes. I have exactly 3 buyers on my list that buy 98% of whatever I get under contract. Craigslist usually takes care of the rest.
@Ned Carey , I sure would like to hear more about your business model.....
I wish i could find someone willing to mentor/coach lol. Im still trying to do my first deal.
You're looking to generate 15-20K annually or per month? If the answer is monthly, that is an awesome (albeit lofty) goal. Good luck to you on that one! (sincerly meant).
I am new to this. My husband and I only need to do a deal that generates $5K every 2.5 months in order to replace his income. We plan for him to quit his job and go FT with Wholesaling come March. We are putting in forty hours per week in education and plan to begin our first round of direct mailing on January 3rd.