Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Strock
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Unique Selling Proposition for Wholesalers?

Thomas Strock
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Dec 30 2016, 14:51

I'm a beginning wholesaler working on my first couple deals.  It seems like there are many people jumping into this business and it's challenging to find sellers who haven't already been contacted by at least a few other wholesalers.  I'm not here to complain about that - I'm here to see if there is a way to do things better.

Is it possible for wholesalers to have a unique selling proposition?  For the most part we all send roughly the same mailings/marketing, offer the same benefits (get rid of your problem property, quick closing puts fast cash in your pocket, etc), and from start to finish the process is roughly the same.  Good branding can help and I've seen a few wholesalers do this, but it's not a replacement for a USP when building a solid, sustainable business.

I'm not questioning that it's possible to get properties by just being another wholesaler and doing things the way everyone else does...we all know it is.  But there's a difference between finding a way to put cash in your pocket and creating a sustainable, scalable, "real" business that will last and let you be a business owner, not just have a glorified job.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!  Happy holidays!

Loading replies...