Anybody using Vumber?

Anybody using Vumber?

Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 37 votes

I was using google voice before but made the switch a few months back. Curious what others are using and what they think? Thank you all in advance

0Reply
74 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 136 posts · 101 votes
9y

@Francisco Feliz I am pretty sure you can change the settings in Google Voice to show you caller ID instead of your Google Voice number. 

I've been using Vumber for a few months and I this is what I like about it:

  • Good value at $10/month for two numbers
  • Can set hours to forward to voicemail and hours to let the phone ring
  • Can set auto text response
  • One of the two numbers can receive faxes. Fax gets emailed to you.

What I don't like so much:

  • Vumber app is not as sophisticated as Google Voice app
  • If you want Vumber to put the call straight through when you answer the call, you lose Vumber Voicemail. This forces you to opt to use the press "1" to receive the call if you want to avoid losing the voicemail feature, so you have to answer the call  then press 1 to get connected. 
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed how are you liking Vumber vs. Google Voice thus far?

  • Investor · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 219 posts · 104 votes
    9y
    whats the difference between the 2 that you find beneficial. i don't use either one but have considered google voice in the past.
  • Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    @Francisco Feliz I like it. For $9.99/month, I have access to 2 different phone numbers. Any time I have a missed a call, I immediately get notified via text message and email. 

    I made the switch due to no caller id on Google voice. It was bugging me. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    @Ravi P. google voice is free. For me, when I received incoming calls with google voice, my caller id would display my google voice number. 

    I set it up that way, so that I know if it was a lead. 

    Otherwise the incoming calls, would display a random number but I wasnt sure if the call was placed to my google voice number or to my personal cell. This would bug me because I get random spam phone calls on my personal cell phone all the time.

    Now with vumber, I pay $9.99/month. I use 2 different numbers (one for leads, the other for my buyers list) and I dont have to worry about the mix up between vumber and my personal cell. 

    Hope that made sense lol....

  • Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    By the way, I still use the google voice number as well. Exclusively for bandit signs. 

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    So basically, if I understand correctly, @Account Closed, Vumber is better because it allows you to choose how you want the caller ID of the incoming call to show up. I could see how that could be helpful. That's a shame; that's such a simple fix that Google could address. I just want to make sure the phone service can have a few numbers for different marketing campaigns that can have pre-recorded voicemail messages for sellers to hear.

  • Professional · Nokomis, FL · Member since 2013 · 123 posts · 99 votes
    9y

    I prefer Sideline.  Is an app on my iPhone that I can make and receive calls as well as send/receive texts.  Has its own voicemail, etc.  They will soon be adding auto attendant as well for a fee.

    I pay $3.00 a month for ad-free version.  I don't drop or miss calls like I did with Googlevoice, since it uses my carrier line rather than voip.

    They have a 10mnth plan for teams that does a ton more, but seemed like overkill since its just little ole me!

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 136 posts · 101 votes
    9y

    @Francisco Feliz I am pretty sure you can change the settings in Google Voice to show you caller ID instead of your Google Voice number. 

    I've been using Vumber for a few months and I this is what I like about it:

    • Good value at $10/month for two numbers
    • Can set hours to forward to voicemail and hours to let the phone ring
    • Can set auto text response
    • One of the two numbers can receive faxes. Fax gets emailed to you.

    What I don't like so much:

    • Vumber app is not as sophisticated as Google Voice app
    • If you want Vumber to put the call straight through when you answer the call, you lose Vumber Voicemail. This forces you to opt to use the press "1" to receive the call if you want to avoid losing the voicemail feature, so you have to answer the call  then press 1 to get connected. 
  • Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Fantastic detail, @Ahmad H.. Much appreciated. I can live with your 2nd gripe on Vumber since that's the same deal with Google Voice, which I've been using for a while. Thank you for clearing it up for me...those positives you mention convince me that Vumber is the way to go.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.