What to include in a direct mail letter to a potential seller?

What to include in a direct mail letter to a potential seller?

New to Real Estate · Findlay, OH · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
Hello all! I am looking to send out some direct mail to home owners with hopes of acquiring a deal by doing so, but I’m not sure how to go about wording the letter to the potential seller. Any suggestions on what to include in these letters that make it seem more professional and not effective? Thanks!
1Reply
28 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Mason Warnimont:
    Hello all! I am looking to send out some direct mail to home owners with hopes of acquiring a deal by doing so, but I’m not sure how to go about wording the letter to the potential seller. Any suggestions on what to include in these letters that make it seem more professional and not effective? Thanks!

     Good to meet you... 

    Here are the two I like the most...

  • New to Real Estate · Findlay, OH · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    @Michael Quarles thank you very much! Those are a lot of help.
  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    7y

    It really doesn't matter too much.  You just have to get the point clearly across that you buy houses in poor condition.  Have 'We Buy Houses" in bold or large letters.  Postcards usually work fine and are much cheaper.

  • Ken NyczajPro Member
    Investor · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 415 votes
    7y
    @Mason Warnimont you could try the generic message of “Hi my name is.... if you are interested or know anyone interested in selling their house please call me” instead of a direct target to the specific house you are looking to buy. Try changing it up and see what works. I think the most important part is consistence.
  • New to Real Estate · Findlay, OH · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    @Ken Nyczaj thank you. I think I might try that and see what I get in return!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.