Wholeaalers, How do you all feel about cold calling on holidays?

Wholeaalers, How do you all feel about cold calling on holidays?

New to Real Estate · Detroit< MI · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes

How do you all feel about cold calling on holidays?

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
7y

well they must take the day off I have not had any wholesaler robo calls today.. I usually get 3 to 5 a day

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Purcellville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 841 votes
    7y

    I guess too many people are enjoying the holiday to respond!  :)

    I've heard people say it's ok.  I'm on the fence.  However, I always start with something like, "Hey, is this a bad time?  Should I call back at a better time?"  Something I read in negotiation stuff emphasized the benefits of giving the other person perceived power, and letting them answer with a "No" lets them feel they are more in control.  That, and if it is a bad time, you don't interrupt their cookout.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    well they must take the day off I have not had any wholesaler robo calls today.. I usually get 3 to 5 a day

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Bank Holiday type of stuff. Sure. 

    Christmas, Easter, 4th of July... Nah.  

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y

    How do you feel about getting spam phone calls on your holiday in which you are trying to spend time with family and or friends?

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 24 votes
    7y


    @Ryan Dossey I totally agree. During bank holidays there are people that do not even notice it was a "holiday." I would not contact someone on Christmas etc. mainly because I would rather not take the chance of upsetting someone. It could already be potentially a rough day for them, especially if there going through a divorce during Christmas. 

  • Rental Property Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2016 · 376 posts · 158 votes
    7y

    I didn't make any calls yesterday and I typically don't on major holidays.  I wanted to make calls yesterday, but decided people are spending time with their loved ones or preparing for their BBQ.  I'll be back at it today though LOL

  • New to Real Estate · Detroit< MI · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the replies!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.