Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Meshia Smith
Votes |
Question to sell my home "as is"

Meshia Smith
Posted Oct 3 2019, 14:11

I am interested in selling my current home cash/as is to an investor or wholesaler. After some major research, I landed upon a local guy here (Memphis) who seems to have a decent rapport and following. He has seemingly been in this business for some years. I reached out to him and expressed interest in selling my property of 17 years. It does need work/repairs and inquired as to how we could possibly move forward. He asked for the address. I provided it. He followed up with "Do you have a price in mind if I can get you cash next week?" - Since I've never reached out to anyone or done this process before, I replied "I have not landed on a definite price". ALL he said was "Let me know when you have a number in mind". That response somewhat stunted me as a newbie reaching out to someone for the 1st time. He didn't ask if we could speak further or if he could view the property in person, (although I'm sure online he can see a limited outdoor view), nor ask for my contact info, email address NOTHING to go from there regarding negotiations. I almost feel deflated before even starting. Is that the norm when reaching out to an investor or wholesaler? In my research, I read a lot about initial transactions, but this isn't quite what ANY of the scenarios presented. How do I move forward? Does this mean he's just not interested? Do I just reach out to someone else altogether? Or follow up with him on a price? Or is this some kind of waiting game tactics investors use?? Or is it common practice to already have a price when you're not used to this industry? I am truly confused. 

Loading replies...