ARE THESE LEADS THAT I PURCHASED A RIPOFF ?!?!

ARE THESE LEADS THAT I PURCHASED A RIPOFF ?!?!

Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes

Hello! I'm a NEWBIE to wholesaling so please don't judge. I'm trying it out for the first time. I just bought 109 absentee owner leads for $50 on Melissadata.com/direct (January 1, 2020). & I'm using a website called Podio.com to keep track of all of my leads. As of now, I'm googling the lead's home addresses so I can see what the homes looks like, bedrooms, baths, sqft, etc. So I just click on the top 2 websites on google which is normally HAR.com & Zillow.com ... And every time I click on these 2 websites with my lead's homes on it, it literally says "Currently Not For Sale" & "Off Market". So far every home that i've googled on my lead list says that. 

So my question is:

If I google the homes of all 109 absentee owner leads that I have, if it turns out that they all say "Currently Not For Sale" & "Off Market" ... Does that mean that I basically wasted my money on these leads & that they are no good?

(I'M JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I WOULD'NT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME ON LEADS LIKE THIS IF ITS GOING TO BE COMPLETELY POINTLESS)

3Reply
216 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Alexia Ned-Sowell I would suggest you spend a little more time actually researching what you are doing before you start doing it. You definitely shouldnt be buying leads if you dont even know that you want properties that arent for sale. I have seen so many new wholesalers fail because they dont really know what they are doing. Take the time and understand what wholesaling actually is. Learn how to run comps (MLS not Zillow), find some good contractors, build a buyers list etc. you are putting the cart way before the horse. Take the time to learn and understand what you are doing. Ive been wholesaling full time for 6 years, thats the best advice I can give you.

See this reply in the discussion

87 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Please do not take this as criticism, it is meant to help you save money.

    I have a house that is where my handicapped daughter lives.  Since I live elsewhere, so this property is considered to have an absentee owner.

    I have a vacation house and it too is considered as an absentee owner house.

    I have 8 rental properties and they are all considered absentee owner houses/apartment houses.

    I get so many of these I buy houses calls and letters it drives me crazy!  There was a real estate weekend class in Knoxville 6 months ago and right after that I got maybe 50 to 100 letters a week.  Post cards, yellow paper, blue paper, pink paper, heavy paper, hand written, photos of their family, photos of their dog, typed, each had a style.  I still get maybe ten letters a week.  

    I also get a phone call every week from Las Vegas with a Asian accent asking about buying my "property"  no address, just they have interested buyers for my property, tell me about what property you wish to sell us.  I block their number, then they call with a new number I have to block.

    There are ads for another seminar in Chat.  I am sooo hoping they do not have people in that seminar who want to invest in the area I live or invest in.  

    I really hate going through these letters and post cards to find my bills!

    So, what I  am trying to show you is that the absentee owners list is very overworked.  Seminars use it as an example, and us absentee owners have a reason to own that property.  Most of us have a very well planned reason to have that property.

    Try looking at lists that are not publicized in these training classes such as property that recently transferred with a 'transfer on death deed' or quitclaim.  Maybe properties that were purchased 30 years or more ago.  Be creative.  Don't work the same lists that so many people are already working.  

    We do not even open those handwritten letters anymore.  Some folks are wasting a lot of money bothering me!

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Pratik P. ... I’m not going to call you a hater. Lol. but like I said, whether I knew the off market part or not ... that still wasn’t going to stop me from making calls to see if people want to sell their property. Me not know that 1 piece of information definitely didn’t stop me from finding a motivated seller, putting the house under contract, & getting a deal because I already had the leads ready whether you like or not. Thats why I say it wasn't crucial.

    & I have a wholesale mentor who can help me out if I run into a brick wall. THANKS!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 807 posts · 815 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Lynnette E.:

    Please do not take this as criticism, it is meant to help you save money.

    I have a house that is where my handicapped daughter lives.  Since I live elsewhere, so this property is considered to have an absentee owner.

    I have a vacation house and it too is considered as an absentee owner house.

    I have 8 rental properties and they are all considered absentee owner houses/apartment houses.

    I get so many of these I buy houses calls and letters it drives me crazy!  There was a real estate weekend class in Knoxville 6 months ago and right after that I got maybe 50 to 100 letters a week.  Post cards, yellow paper, blue paper, pink paper, heavy paper, hand written, photos of their family, photos of their dog, typed, each had a style.  I still get maybe ten letters a week.  

    I also get a phone call every week from Las Vegas with a Asian accent asking about buying my "property"  no address, just they have interested buyers for my property, tell me about what property you wish to sell us.  I block their number, then they call with a new number I have to block.

    There are ads for another seminar in Chat.  I am sooo hoping they do not have people in that seminar who want to invest in the area I live or invest in.  

    I really hate going through these letters and post cards to find my bills!

    So, what I  am trying to show you is that the absentee owners list is very overworked.  Seminars use it as an example, and us absentee owners have a reason to own that property.  Most of us have a very well planned reason to have that property.

    Try looking at lists that are not publicized in these training classes such as property that recently transferred with a 'transfer on death deed' or quitclaim.  Maybe properties that were purchased 30 years or more ago.  Be creative.  Don't work the same lists that so many people are already working.  

    We do not even open those handwritten letters anymore.  Some folks are wasting a lot of money bothering me!

    This is exactly why we don't ever market to absentee lists. Everyone and their grandma is buying these lists...and absentee ownership itself isn't a sign of distress either, most of them are just rentals.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Lynnette E. ... Yeah, I thought about that. I was thinking in my head that if a person owns a property & doesn’t live there... most likely it’s because they purposely don’t want to live there for whatever personal reason. If they didn’t want the property that they don’t live on, they would’ve been sold it already. I also know that people buy properties & rent them out to other people.

    BUT... I do live in Houston, TX & I know that many people have became absentee owners here because their homes got flooded out in 2017 & 2019. My grandma was in that situation. She moved out of her home with her sister for a whole entire year, fortunately she had flood insurance & got her house completely remodeled so she didn't have to sell it. But many people in the same situation that live around her, not so lucky.

    Also, about the marketing... I rather just do bandit signs instead of direct mail & postcards because even me & my own family....when we get those letters in the mail, we throw them in the trash too. Lol

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y

    Direct Mail is general is just brutal right now, for all the reasons listed here.  People getting buried in mail.  

    I think with absentees you do need to filter them down a bit.  Absentee plus something else, some other form of distress or indicator (eg., list stacking).  Now maybe you have something.  Same goes for equity lists.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Mark Sewell ... True. Thanks for your comment!!!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pratik P.:

    Youtubers like Max Maxwell, Brent Daniels, Sean Terry ALL provide good information but also can't explain the important details of wholesaling in a quick video. That's why they are pitching a course or seminar for you to buy. Just keep that in mind. 

    I love Max and he does offer a ton of value.  But really, being here in TX, spend some time on Propelio (on YT).  I watch a lot of Grant Kemp and Daniel and all the rest of them.  They bring in more people all the time.  They offer way more for free than most people out there, and it isn't the same repackaged lame content.

    Go look up a guy named Ron Rana here in town.  Now that guy hustles.  He does tons of meetups and his head/heart is in the right place, likes to help people.  I have learned and still do learn a lot from just watching him in action.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Alexia N.:

    Hello! I'm a NEWBIE to wholesaling so please don't judge. I'm trying it out for the first time. I just bought 109 absentee owner leads for $50 on Melissadata.com/direct (January 1, 2020). & I'm using a website called Podio.com to keep track of all of my leads. As of now, I'm googling the lead's home addresses so I can see what the homes looks like, bedrooms, baths, sqft, etc. So I just click on the top 2 websites on google which is normally HAR.com & Zillow.com ... And every time I click on these 2 websites with my lead's homes on it, it literally says "Currently Not For Sale" & "Off Market". So far every home that i've googled on my lead list says that. 

    So my question is:

    If I google the homes of all 109 absentee owner leads that I have, if it turns out that they all say "Currently Not For Sale" & "Off Market" ... Does that mean that I basically wasted my money on these leads & that they are no good?

    (I'M JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I WOULD'NT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME ON LEADS LIKE THIS IF ITS GOING TO BE COMPLETELY POINTLESS)

    Looks like you're discovering the cost of not being educated. Lack of education costs. Education pays for itself many times over in preventing mistakes, misunderstandings, avoiding other losses, etc.

    Absentee owner properties have their value certainly, though wholesaling may not be one of them. For these properties, knowing that owner doesn't live there is only one piece of the puzzle. Next, you need to know whether the property is vacant (no tenant, etc.), tax delinquent, in pre-foreclosure, etc.

    For wholesaling, you're looking for properties which are off-market (not "listed"), yes. However, there must be some motivation for the owner(s) to sell. Your job is to determine the owner's needs and then see if selling would serve the owner's needs (NOT your needs!).

    Hope this helps ...

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @David Dachtera ... It’s many people who do wholesaling with just a HS diploma or not even that. Wholesaling is something that a college education isn’t needed for wholesaling, most wholesalers did NOT start their wholesaling journey with a real estate license or a degree... Having a college education doesn’t automatically prevent misunderstandings & mistakes. Most of the people that I know with college education are idiots & still poor. Lol. I’m just learning all of these things on the internet from YouTube & a course that I purchased. Once I master the wholesaling process & make a couple of deals, that’s when I plan on getting my real estate license. Trust me, I DO plan on actually getting an education in real estate to get my RE license but just not for wholesaling since it’s not required.

    Thanks for all of the knowledge, except for the unnecessary part of calling me uneducated.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I find it so funny how the most negative & insulting comments just so happen to be the ones that are getting the most votes. Some of you people are just really & truly PATHETIC. Some of you people are just unhappy with yalls own pathetic real estate careers so it feels good to sit on the internet reading & liking negative comments. Well, at least i'm learning that some people in real estate are positive & helpful while others are just rude & negative & belittles newbies. If you're negative & belittle people for not knowing something, I don't want to network or get answers/advice from people like that. I think its time that someone says it.... some of you more experienced people have a stick up yalls a**es & need to be humble because i'm 22 & most of you all were not even smart enough to have thought about getting into R.E at a young age like that. BE HUMBLE & SIT DOWN. Thank you!!! :)

  • New to Real Estate · NJ (new jersey) · Member since 2019 · 75 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Will Barnard

    Just want to ask what is the best way to find leads after you’ve done research and learned enough. You

    Have any suggestions to finding off market properties? since it’s seem like buying a list wouldn’t work.

  • Ryan MoyerBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee Davenport Salt Lake City, Park City · Member since 2019 · 993 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Oof.

    This is like someone entering the NFL draft without knowing what a football is and then telling Tom Brady to go to hell when he tries to help you.

    Cosmic Vacations4.9172 Reviews
  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Moyer ... Entering the NFL & not knowing what a football is the equivalent to entering Real Estate & not knowing what a house/apartment/condo/townhome is. If I didn’t know what those things were, then I could understand the joke that you just made. But you’re literally just comparing apples to oranges.

    You’re a GROWN MAN who is trying to get laughs & a kick out of saying your lame jokes to cyber bully a 22 year old female on the internet.... & you got the WRONG person if you think I’m not gonna put you in your place. 😂😂😂 GO GET A LIFE.

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 865 posts · 351 votes
    6y

    @Alexia N. you got drive and ambition for sure, 😊. I don’t think anyone meant to offend you. Some of the folks that you talked sassy to where very knowledge and would of helped you more if were not so defensive. 

    I have had lots of folks tell me things I don’t want to hear in my life and much of it helped. If you read through BP you will see many people disagree in a agreeable manner. Telling folks off, using to many capital letters and a ton exclamation points is usually not socially encouraged.

    Best regards

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Listen,

    Lists suck. I have said it once and I will say it for ever. Not many people will agree because not many people know any better. What was it? "Ignorance is bliss"?

    Well I have been to the other side (and I stayed there, planted my house there and I am staying here.

    Know this. I do not think you have been ripped off. You simply bought an absentee owner list.

    But absentee owners are one of the WORST LISTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I always get so frustrated when I hear wanna be investors rave about them.

    Absentee owners are one of the worst people to target PERIOD!

    There is a reason they have 2 houses. THEY WANTED 2 houses.

    They have enough money to buy 2 houses!

    I know I am not giving you much value other than saying, never again buy lists!

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Alexia N.:

    @David Dachtera ... It’s many people who do wholesaling with just a HS diploma or not even that. Wholesaling is something that a college education isn’t needed for wholesaling, most wholesalers did NOT start their wholesaling journey with a real estate license or a degree... Having a college education doesn’t automatically prevent misunderstandings & mistakes. Most of the people that I know with college education are idiots & still poor. Lol. I’m just learning all of these things on the internet from YouTube & a course that I purchased. Once I master the wholesaling process & make a couple of deals, that’s when I plan on getting my real estate license. Trust me, I DO plan on actually getting an education in real estate to get my RE license but just not for wholesaling since it’s not required.

    Thanks for all of the knowledge, except for the unnecessary part of calling me uneducated.

    "... not being educated" refers to REI education - the stuff they DON'T teach in school, not general academic learning. This is not taught in any accredited school or college I'm aware of. Since the Federal Trade Commission effectively shut down "the gurus" (many of them), there is currently only one valid source for such education to my (admittedly limited) knowledge.

    One of my earliest adopted mentors taught me, "refuse to be offended". Instead of taking offense at something, make sure you first understand what was said and the surrounding context. If you then disagree with what was said, follow Dr. Steven Covey's advice: "Seek first to understand, THEN to be understood." (That's also in The Prayer of St. Francis.)

    As for those doing without the needed education, the only advice I can offer is, "Don't let the fact that they're doing it wrong keep you from doing it right."

    My $0.02 ...

    Update:

    Having read some of your replies to other posters, here's a piece of advice you'll find useful if you want to get ahead in REI:

    Real Estate - especially investing - is a people business. As a former pastor of mine once said, "In Heaven you meet All Saints, in Purgatory you meet all souls, and this world you meet all sorts." People have different ways of expressing themselves. Some of them are good at it (wish I was one of them). Others, not so much. Get over it.

    Find yourself a mentor or a friend you trust and work on getting that chip off your shoulder.

    Right now, it's the biggest obstacle blocking your path.

  • Investor · Fairbanks, AK · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Alexia Ned-Sowell

    I'm very new as well, however I'm not trying to get into wholesaling.

    I don't think you should ignore what Lydia was saying and I really don't think she was trying to be mean or belittling. I spent 5 months (30-40 hours a week on average) researching and learning as much as I could. That research came in the form of listening to podcasts while at work, reading the recommended books, talking to people on BP, running comps, looking and doing the numbers on

    100s of properties in my local area just to get the practice, and Then I decided I was ready to start the process of getting my first property.

    Now I have zero interest in wholesaling, nothing against it just not interested, but I still know the basics of that kind of investing. The reason I'm saying all of this is because, while this is definitely the place to ask questions, it definitely Isn't the place to be rejecting advice from bonafide wholesalers if that's what you want to get into. Even if you don't like what they have to say, you're going to be a very short lived and bitter RE investor if you only look at the bright and cheery "You've got this, nothing could go wrong!" comments.

    I'm really not trying to be rude, the fact is if you really weren't sure or didn't know that you want off market properties for wholesaling- you aren't at the point (Yet!) that you should be putting your money into this. Spend money on education (books), not tools for actual wholesaling. Not just yet.

    You might be thinking you don't want to get analysis paralysis, but there is nothing wrong with waiting 3-5 months just learning.

  • Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 33 votes
    6y

    A lot of the time, the 'absent owner list' is pulled from other major vendors like https://www.accuzip.com/, and repurposed. That the property is somehow listed as 'absent' really is not the full picture. Generally, there is some sort of intelligence from the USPS that mail is not being delivered, be it from a request from the county/city/owner. But is DOES start with the USPS: mail is not being delivered.

    Other people have mentioned pulling water/electricity shutoffs, delinq tax ect.... which are all fine.... What you will find many times in the absent owner is that the 'owner' name is an LLC, or some other vehicle/entity. Prolly not a person that is going to sell at 70% ARV. Who knows.

    Save that list.... going forward, get a master parcel list for the county that the properties are in. If you live in a large metro area, just by simply googling combinations of the word string 'Open Data GIS parcel ____' . Put the county name of the properties where the '___' is and it should bring you to a section of the county site for downloads. If not, EVERY county/city has an open data request process, submit a request and demand the file. Better yet, just google the GIS dept # for county, and call them. GIS folks rock, and are super helpful.... they'll prolly just send you the file if you call them. IF that's the case, that you have to call the county.... Send them a Starbucks delivery, make friends.... because you will want to get updates to that list in a timely manner.

    Most County GIS parcel files will contain the tax mailing address as well as the physical property address, and of course the Parcel ID.

    With the main county parcel list, that is your 'jump-off point' for any future prospecting. You can use it to clean/scrub any other list that you may acquire. Any list that you get in the future, try to 'match' it against the main parcel list ( most counties will release an update parcel list monthly, with updated owner/sales info, so update that county list regularly) in a manner like this                 bigger pockets is blocking this link so just add (  watch?v=325GKIXPsSI )to the end of a youtube url 

    by either matching the Parcel ID #'s of the county/new lead list, or looking for a match based on the address fields.

    Be forewarned, the county parcel list will generally try to format the PID as a scientific, garbled string that you have to 'click' on to expand to see the whole number. If that's the case with you, or anyone, push the county file into a Power Query window, and reformat the PID as 'text' and continue the process in the linked youtube. More often than not, you are going to have to reformat the PID as 'text' if you are opening the file with Excel, and you will have to do it in the Power Query window to make it 'stick'. But you WANT the match to be off of the PID, if you are able to.... A county has multiple cities, and cities in the same county can have the same street address. PID's are unique identifiers in the main county tax/parcel database, and that's what they use for matching/joining.

    The thing is, after that long-winded paragraph above, when you can 'match' the properties against the county list, you can tell from the tax mailing address usually who it is that really owns that property, and form a conclusion if it's worth marketing to. You WILL generally see some discrepancies, as to if they are worth marketing to. Many will be an LLC as the owner though. When you filter the list, to where the owner lives in the same state, you'll see more 'regular' humans owning the property.

    I can usually match a list of 20k or so new addresses against a county list in under 5 minutes, from the time I open Excel. It's really easy once you get the steps down, and there are not many steps.

    The way that you 'really' want to do all of this is load everything into a PostgreSQL install, load the county into its own table (and the monthly updated county lists) and run the JOINS in PostgreSQL against any new list. Again, this is all very easy to do... Youtube is your best friend for PostgreSQL.

    Bonus tip for using PostgreSQL? If you are getting the GIS county parcel file, PostgreSQL has the PostGIS extension, that will allow you to run queries 'spatially' using the lat/long for comps right off the county data (hence, keep getting the monthly updates, so that you can run comps back 6-12 months or more). The GIS county file will usually have an option to download it as a .shapefile or .KML, (get shapefile if you can, but .csv will work fine as well) which is just a breeeze to load into PostGIS=PostgreSQL. QGIS https://qgis.org/en/site/ or Jupyter Notebooks will let you run SQL queries right from the map interface from the tables, and load it into the map too, as well as export the map searches to .csv.

    QGIS and postgreSQL+PostGIS? The shiznit. That combination will beat most tools a realtor has in an MLS hands down. Lol, it's generally PostgreSQL or similar powering the database they use. Best part? Everything is FREE, and really powerful for cleaning/chopping/joining data.

    Jupyter Notebooks? Run a scrape against the MLS, and check for matches there too for 'active' listings against your list. If the internet listing does not have the PID in view in the listing description, use the lat/long from the listing to run a match against the county file in Postgres... :) most county GIS files will also have an 'address point file' included, that again makes this all stupid easy to run matches from the lat/long.

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Greta Grakowski ... I literally have family members & friends without college degrees that make more money than the 1’s with degrees. 😂😂😂 It’s also a fact that most college graduates can’t even get a job in their field that they got a degree in. But that’s irrelevant to this thread so we can stop talking about it.

    Also, if you think I have an attitude, just stop talking to me. It’s very simple. Nobody is forcing you to talk to me. I’m unapologetically me & if you have an issue with it.....that’s not my problem. BYE!!!

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Zeisel ... You can literally go back & read. The men who commented on this thread in the very beginning did NOT leave a “bright & cheery” answers. They answered my question & gave me the correct answer that I was looking for. They’re not getting much credit though.

    I’m not going to keep making replies on this thread. I have SO MANY comments on this thread. So I’m going to wisely decide who’s advice that I want to take & apply to my journey in real estate. & if I don’t want to take someone’s advice, THATS OK TOO. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Its not the end of the world & it’s still millions of more experienced people in real estate that are willing to give their advice. Everyone has the right to accept & reject the advice that they think is best for them without judgment. THANKS

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    NOT MAKING ANYMORE REPLIES ON THIS THREAD BUT....I’ll start more discussions though! Thanks for all of the comments. Bye bye!!!

  • Attorney · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2017 · 719 posts · 549 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    direct mail has been going on for decades and decades.. every owner of a rental or just about every owner that is absentee has gotten letters.. some more than others.. we get about 20 a week.. sometimes I will call the number 90% of the time no answer and no call back.

    I have the same experience. I'll call the number on the postcard just to see what they have to say. Most of them have horrible follow up. The postcards work. The call back and follow through is what's letting them down. 


  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Alexia N.:

    I find it so funny how the most negative & insulting comments just so happen to be the ones that are getting the most votes. Some of you people are just really & truly PATHETIC. Some of you people are just unhappy with yalls own pathetic real estate careers so it feels good to sit on the internet reading & liking negative comments. Well, at least i'm learning that some people in real estate are positive & helpful while others are just rude & negative & belittles newbies. If you're negative & belittle people for not knowing something, I don't want to network or get answers/advice from people like that. I think its time that someone says it.... some of you more experienced people have a stick up yalls a**es & need to be humble because i'm 22 & most of you all were not even smart enough to have thought about getting into R.E at a young age like that. BE HUMBLE & SIT DOWN. Thank you!!! :)

    Jerryyy! Jerryyy! Jerryyy! Jerryyy! Jerryyy!

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Alexia N. WOW! Reading this thread was exhausting! 

    Let me start with an African proverb (paraphrased): When eating rice you may find a stone or two, but all you have to do remove the stones and continue enjoying the rice. (not having a full-on debate with the rice or the supermarket or the farmer).

    Yes, you may get responses that are friendly or others that are "harsh" because the question can be perceived by some brains as very basic. People react differently.

    KEY | Listen, everyone is watching and the REI is a people business. Perhaps, someone in your local market could have taken you under their wing and show the right way to wholesale but the whole back and forth comments are frankly unnecessary. Remember, take the stone and continue enjoying the meal (in this case the feedback, however unjust you think it is)

    Your goal is to be successful and not alienate people because of your opinions along your journey to success. Humble yourself. 

    @Lydia R. is someone who is into wholesaling in TX, your state, and could have helped you but you are letting your ego get the best of you, honestly. 

    I am just giving you my $0.02, no need for clapbacks or comebacks. Remember, keep enjoying the rice! Ponder on what I am saying to you here. 

    Wisdom is everything!

  • Developer · . · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Ola Dantis If she wanted to help me, she would’ve offered her help from the very beginning. Its as simple as that. Its not called “going back & forth”. I’m a grown woman, if I have something to say.... I’m going to say it. I have EVERY RIGHT to respond to anybody who made a comment on my thread.

    She’s literally a black woman that didn’t offer to help out another black woman. But you’re making it seem like I’m the 1 who is wrong??? Lol. You’re a black man who doesn’t see how she was really in the wrong for not offering her help to another black woman & that’s really sad.

    [Request to contact Removed by Moderators]

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.