How to use a realtor to wholesale a property

How to use a realtor to wholesale a property

Philly Area, PA · Member since 2008 · 297 posts · 27 votes

Does anyone have any experience using a realtor to wholesale a property. Is this even possible, if so can you give me tips on how you did it and how it worked. Thanks Roc

0Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Are you talking about having the Realtor list a home you found and then getting a fee?
    Each state is different, but in Colorado we can't pay a referral fee to anyone who is not a licensed Real Estate agent unless they have nothing to do with Real Estate. We can't pay wholesalers.

  • Goshen, KY · Member since 2009 · 835 posts · 683 votes
    13y

    Most Realtors (unless they are investors) don't understand wholesaling. In fact I have had them tell me it's illegal to wholesale a property (which it isn't).

  • Wilmington, NC · Member since 2011 · 160 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Roc P. I just found an Investor Friendly Real Estate agent. She gets my comps and leads. I just started working with her so that's all the information I have. She says she works with plenty of investor. I asked her how does she get paid. She states the sellers pay her. Hope that helps

  • Investor · Pembroke, MA · Member since 2012 · 198 posts · 49 votes
    13y

    Hello Roc P. , I have used realtors to wholesale deals, my buyers are cash buyers so I will do a double closing if the property is listed, I have also utilized Trusts and sold the beneficial interest of the trust when I purchased REO properties.

  • Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2012 · 933 posts · 492 votes
    13y

    Yes wholesaling properties with a realtor can be done. The only thing is 80-85% of realtors are traditional, meaning they don't understand how investors structure deals so it makes it more challenging to structure the deal the way it needs to be structured in order for you to get paid.

    Your best bet is find out where your local REI meetings are being held. You also want to hook up with wholesalers in your area and they may be able to let you know who the investor friendly realtors are. Once you have that information then network with the realtors who have the same creative mind as the investor does.

    Hope this helps!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.