Do Door Hangers Work?

Do Door Hangers Work?

Landlord · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 505 posts · 34 votes

Thinking of expanding the tools I use in my marketing tool belt. And door hangers came to mind, these are often less talked about around here compared to direct mail or bandit signs.

I know some investors around here use them such as @Dev Horn use them. If you have any experience with them and have had success I would love to hear about it.

0Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y

Here's one that was used in the past.

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    In LA and San Diego, we use a door hanger distributor (Door to Door Marketing, Inc.) that also does the printing and if they are doing the distribution they will do the printing part for only 5 cents per piece. Then about 13-14 cents per door for the distribution. So, at least with that vendor, we've gotten TOTAL COST down to 18 cents per door which is not bad.

    In that business, you have to be very cautious - if someone quotes way too low a price to distribute, it could be because they have no plan to actually distribute all your pieces.

    THIS LITTLE VIDEO - from the vendor we use in CA - illustrates the issue...

    After distribution, those guys send us a zip file with thousands of digital photos of our ad on thousands of doors. As far as proof goes, that's pretty hard to fake!

  • Real Estate Investor · Bulverde, TX · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 13 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Alison M.:

    Does anyone have experience with both door hangers and the USPS Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM)? After factoring in the cost of hiring someone to distribute, it looks like EDDM can also be cost efficient. Anyone tried it?

    I will be using this soon... Ive selected 1780 houses/ $311.50 plus marketing material.... Ill let you know how it goes

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    That I think is not easy to find these days quality materials, therefore, in my case whenever I want to buy resistant hangers only I find the classic plastic hangers with little lifetime

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    11y

    Has anyone been using door hangers recently and what were your response rates?

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    @Mat Trenchard...try 5 Star Graphics dot com or Patriot Web Designs on ebay. You could get 5000 glossy 14 pt for about $129. 2 sides. 

  • Real Estate Agent · New Haven, CT · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I love nextday Flyers, just got my order and adding a sticker with landing page url. I forgot to put it on, and sharing with another agent and a mortgage broker.  I'll repost my results soon!

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I've done door hangers only once - in an area where we are already mailing out letters to, and calling any numbers that we can find.  It is a great way to keep your company on their minds.  However, the most helpful part about door hangers is that you get out in the streets and begin to talk with people.  I get to run into the actual homes owners.  They tell me their thoughts about selling their house, which is usually with a crazy look in their eyes, but they also tell me of their friends and family who may be thinking of selling their homes.

  • Real Estate Agent · Commack, NY · Member since 2008 · 110 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    They work, so long as your consistent and that pretty much goes with all the marketing associated with wholesaling. It's key to be consistent in order to keep your pipeline full.

    Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.