Foundation Issues _ Little Rock Turnkeys

Foundation Issues _ Little Rock Turnkeys

Washington, DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA · Member since 2013 · 27 posts · 3 votes

Has anyone experienced foundation issues after closing with their Little Rock turnkey properties? Specifically with Turnkey Invest through Alex Craig?

If so, what solutions have worked for you?

Our second turnkey property with this company now has foundation issues and the company is just saying that this is common for Little Rock. Is this really a thing in Little Rock? A rehabbed house suddenly shifts its foundation?

Can anyone recommend a company for foundation repair in Little Rock?

Would love to hear any thoughts and experiences with this issue.

0Reply
164 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1d
    I’ve worked with Alex’s team for over a year now doing BRRRRs with them (I think we’re on #10 now). They’ve been awesome to work with so far. Very responsive and I see them rapidly adopting technology to keep owners in the loop on rental pipelines, it’s exciting. That being said I know some areas are prone to issues like that. I’ve seen some gnarly foundation issues in Little Rock (the house was completely crooked!). Fortunately I used Steve Helton (actually the same guy they use) and he caught it so I walked. Unless it’s new construction there is always risk foundation problems can occur, it’s hard to catch what you can’t see. My wife and I did a 200k full gut reno on a property in San Diego 5 years ago and we’re seeing foundation cracks now :( but it is a 70 year old house!
    • Dan H.Pro Member
      Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
      1d

      In San Diego, the houses near the coast built 1920s and before almost certainly will get (mostly already got) foundation issue as sea sand was used in the pilar cement. Misdion beach, north park, South Park, etc..

      I took out a fireplace 2 years ago from home built in 1920s. The cement was more sand than cement.

      Homes from the 1950s in San Diego can easily not have any foundation issues especially if built correctly.

      Good luck

    • Washington, DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA · Member since 2013 · 27 posts · 3 votes
      1d

      Thanks for your insight on the company and the issues with foundations.

      I am not trying to throw blame at the company and they have been trying to work with me to ease some of the financial pain. It’s just the timing of it all and the same issue in more than one property with them that has me doubting things.

      We are working to get estimates and an engineer to look at this one but the range so far is $10-30k repair, the higher end being hard to swallow for a property that was turnkey just two years ago. And yes, we did have an inspection done prior to purchasing.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1d

    Did you do inspections? I would have an engineer evaluate. In my area foundation issues are common but you have to correct them. You can't let it go and not deal with it

  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 877 posts · 397 votes
    1d

    Did your home inspector note anything about it? Usually those guys will notice an issue and that's when you should seek out an expert before you close. I know Alex and his team very well, and they are good people to work with. I bought some turnkey properties from them over 10 years ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.