On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down and talk about the best ways to get started with real estate investing, as well as some killer tips for investing without using your own money.
From picking a niche, overcoming analysis paralysis, and a lot more – our guest, Mike Simmons, will share his story of overcoming obstacles and becoming a full time house flipper in the Metro Detroit area.
Mike has a great story and an incredible strategy for flipping houses using no money of his own, so whether you are brand new or have been investing for years – you don’t want to miss Mike’s creative advice.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Overcoming “shiny object syndrome” and “analysis paralysis”
- Losing $1000 on his first “almost deal.”
- Finding contractors without losing your hair
- Dealing with Detroit investing
- Why Mike had to evict a squatter who broke into his property
- Finding good deals in any market
- Using social media to attract private money
- Using partnerships to get started or to grow
- How Mike structures partnerships
- Should you start with wholesaling?
- And a whole lot more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 012 : Wholesaling and Marketing with Sharon Vornholt
- BiggerPockets Success Story Forum
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
- The BiggerPockets Hard Money Lender Directory
- BP Podcast 047: Apartment Complexes, NNN Leases, and Commercial Real Estate with Joel Owens
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs by Dan Kennedy
You can read for days – and never do anything. Get out there and DO something. (Tweet This!)
Work with a Realtor who knows you and knows your business. (Tweet This!)
50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. (Tweet This!)