Don’t miss this special feature, as we come to you live from FinCon 2014 for Podcast 90!
In a BiggerPockets Podcast first, we sit down and chat live with financial conference attendees Matt Giovanisci from New Jersey, Romeo Jeremiah from Detroit and KC Beavers from Rochester, NY, three real estate investor newbies with fascinating stories and great tips for beginning investors and veterans alike! Hear from “accidental landlords” — a growing breed of property owners — firsthand, and let yourself be regaled by tales proving that first time investors CAN achieve success from the get go. A unique and high energy recording, this is one episode you’ll definitely want to tune in for!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast guest on today’s show: 99Designs.com. 99Designs is an awesome design service that will help your business look more professional, by crowd sourcing business cards, website designs, and more (for an incredibly reasonable price!).
Get a $99 Power Pack FREE by visiting 99designs.com/biggerpockets! So definitely check ’em out!
Links from the Show:
In This Show We Cover:
- Getting stuck with a property during the economic downtown
- The decision to rent by default, ie. the “Accidental Landlord” situation
- The art of staging a space to rent it out fast
- What exactly a “Streamline Refinance” entails
- The pros and cons of renting from afar
- Why finding a (trusted) property manager can be crucial
- The simple way to fix a garbage disposal you may not know
- A great first-time house flip success story
- How to start out with a 24-unit apartment building
- The concept of “Forced Appreciation”
- Wealth creation vs. wealth preservation
- The importance of thoroughly vetting tenants
- The ins and outs of using Real Estate to diversify your portfolio
- How to get a loan on a commercial property
- And so much more!
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The E-Myth : Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
“You can never learn enough about this [industry].” (Tweet This!)
“Just take action, just go for it…but make sure it was a risk worth taking.” (Tweet This!)
“There’s not going to be a single path for someone to take.” (Tweet This!)