How to become a private lender

How to become a private lender

Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 619 posts · 75 votes

How does one start lending private money?

I have about 50k that is just sitting around, and I don't feel comfortable putting it in the stock market and I would like to get a higher return than 3% or so from a high interest savings.

I am wondering how hard it would be to become a private lender to build up some more capital before I start buying more rehabs.

What is involved as far as overhead, legal requirements, etc.etc.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
-terry

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y

Ed O. - I updated the link in Jon's post.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    18y

    Here's a good, recent thread on the topic:
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/topics/17790

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
    14y

    Jon Holdman or Joshua Dorkin
    Is there any chance I can get some help in locating this thread? The link is not loading. Thanks!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Ed O. - I updated the link in Jon's post.

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
    14y

    Joshua Dorkin
    Sweet! Thanks so much!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.