WHAT?! BP has a chat room?! No way!

WHAT?! BP has a chat room?! No way!

Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes

So, after doing some snooping around, I just recently learned that apparently...there’s a chat room?! Check it out:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/chat/

Doesn’t seem very active...at all...but I think it can be if more people start logging in from time to time and participate. :)

It would be pretty sweet to see this chat room come to life; very much like this forum has. Who’s with me?

0Reply
14 views

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    I was in there many times in the past, started catching some traction, but then died. I even hosted some educational timeframes with others but it died out.

    I am back in if enough people want to participate.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    I would definitely be up for the occasional BP chat

  • Investor · Hampton Bays, NY · Member since 2009 · 907 posts · 258 votes
    14y

    I like the idea of exchanging ideas in real time but I can see how hard that will be with busy schedules and several time zones. I would jump in however if I could see something happening . Perhaps an alert system on BP to let all of us know if there is a live chat going on and the participant and subject being discussed.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles/Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2011 · 102 posts · 14 votes
    14y

    That could be sweet. Count me in.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    We could also do a chat via Twitter . . . Twitter chats are a great way to interact and connect in real time. We could just use the #BPChat or #BiggerPockets hashtags.

    We could kick it off any day/any time . . .

  • Justin SilverioPro Member
    Developer · Andover, MA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    14y

    Count me in.

  • Rehabber · Lake Conroe Area, TX · Member since 2010 · 48 posts · 15 votes
    14y

    Sounds interesting, I'll keep my eyes out

  • Involved In Real Estate · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2010 · 341 posts · 86 votes
    14y

    Chartroom.... I thought it was a wish list . I didn't know it actually existed

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Sounds like it has possibilities.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    Yep! How about some type of schedule for topics. Last I saw it was by the day all day I guess for a topic. I think that was a suggested thing and that anything could be the subject.....you guys figure it out, but maybe if say sub 2 people knew there woud be something going daily at 2pm to 3pm everyday or on MWF it might get more use. In other words get the topics moving faster, maybe a Q&A time.....

    We know what doesn't work very well.....LOL

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    BTW, Joshua Dorkin, how do you get there now?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    I've tried several times over the years to get people excited about the scheduled chats in the chatroom, and on a few occasions I managed to make it happen.

    You guys need to jump in and set up your own chats . . . set a time and date via the forums, get people energized, and then do it! It is there as a tool . . . jump in and use it.

    We build these tools for you -- given all the energy you're getting about finding the chatroom, perhaps you'll get a great crowd!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    Josh, I could get excited about chat if I could find it again. I don't see it under tools.

    What about a Saturday morning (mid-morning) Q&A chat? Members can see who is in the room and direct questions as they like to whomever.

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    OMG?! It would be my honor to speak to any of you fellow BPers from time to time in a real-time chat! Sorry if I sound like a little fanboy. Hahaha

    It’s just that I have so much respect for all of you who aren’t another one of those “investors” who don’t practice what they preach. You see, I fall in the category of the masses that have yet to get their feet wet in investing. So, just being able to converse with any of you veterans in real-time would be a treasured moment for a non-worthy nub such as me. :p

    Will Barnard and Bill Gulley AHH! I wish I’ve known about BP back when you two were hosting a few of your educational sessions!

    Joshua Dorkin I don’t know how people wouldn’t be excited about a chat room for BPers?! I think it’s a crime; especially to any aspiring investor that comes on to BP! The chat room is practically a priceless opportunity to network with like-minded individuals. Not to mention, promoting personal growth as well as BP comradery.

    For what it’s worth, as of the date and time this message of mine is posted, I’ll be in the chat room by my lonely self, for a bit, to see if anyone else cares to show up to shoot the can or whatever. Hope to see you – yes you, whoever, is reading this – there. :p

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/chat/

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    14y

    LOL, Will and I did do a role playing thing together, seems it was about notes, I don't remember now. It must have a better historic reputation for those who did not participate as I recall it wasn't that educational (LOL). Something tried and it didn't goover well, IMO. Will and I didn't coordinate anything, we probably should have, or I should have....

    I still can't find how to get to the chat room!!! Anyone?

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Educational or not it seems like a pretty great time to me and would've been a whole lot better if more people participated. :p

    Bill Gulley Your question is as good as mine. How does one navigate to the chat room from BP?

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    We could chat right now....

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Jon K. Yeap. That's the direct link to it but to get to it from BP...? Yes, flash seems to be required in order for you to chat.

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Jon K. I'm still in the chat room if you care to join; or any one else for that matter.

  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    14y

    In :).

    -Uwe

  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    14y

    Two people in chat and where the other guys?

    -Uwe

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    As of the date and time this message of mine is posted; I'll be in the chat room for a bit. Please feel free to show up if you want to shoot the can or whatever. Hope to see you - yes you, whoever, is reading this - there. :p

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/chat/

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2011 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    As of the date and time this message of mine is posted; I'll be in the chat room for a bit. Please feel free to show up if you want to shoot the can or whatever. I actually have a question for any licensed investor so if you think you can answer it; it'll be greatly appreciated. :) Anyway, hope to see you - yes you, whoever, is reading this - there. :p

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/chat/

  • Real Estate Agent · Garrison, NY · Member since 2016 · 92 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    As of today. I don't see a chat room. A chat room would be nice for those of us looking to chat real time!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.