BiggerPockets Podcast 020: 20 Deadly Mistakes For Real Estate Investors to Avoid
While it’s unlikely that you are going to make a mistake in real estate that will kill you – there is a much higher chance that you’ll make a mistake that’s going to kill your chance of finding success. To help you fight the good fight and avoid those mistakes – you’ll definitely want to listen to today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast with Josh and Brandon. You might be a seasoned investor or you might be just starting out – but the 20 mistakes listed in this podcast are real, common, and deadly if not properly addressed, so be sure to listen to today’s show.
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- The best ways to get free education
- How to overcome analysis paralysis
- Exit strategies you should be using as a backup
- How to establish your marketing machine
- How to best protect yourself from being sued
- The best ways to find great contractors
- The worst way to screen for tenants
- Plus MUCH more…
Links from the Show:
- Google Voice
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Podcast
- The 21 Best Books for Real Estate Investors
- Danny Johnson Podcast
- The Keyword Alert System
- The New Member Introduction forum
- “What I Did Wrong as a Landlord” post
- J Scott’s Negotiating article
Books Mentioned in the Show
You’re never going to know everything. (Tweet This!)
The math never lies. Stick with the math and don’t fudge the numbers. (Tweet This!)
You wouldn’t drive from Canada to Peru without a map. You need a plan – just knowing it’s south isn’t good enough. (Tweet This!)
Don’t talk so much. Just listen. (Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Comments, Questions, Concerns?
Can you think of any other mistakes we forgot to mention? Want to ask a question or add something? Want to comment on Josh’s sense of humor? Leave your feedback below!