Getting started with real estate investing can seem overwhelming, but on today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we are going to walk you through the entire broad overview of how people actually make money in the real estate investing field – and how you can do the same. In this unique episode, Josh and Brandon will walk you through the steps to take before getting started, choosing your strategy, ideas for finding properties, tips for getting financing in order and much, much more. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to take notes – this episode is jam packed with over an hour of directly actionable and educational information.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In Today’s Flipping Podcast, We Cover:
- The first “personal” decision you need to make before investing.
- Working full-time vs. part time in real estate investing.
- Josh Dorkin’s real thoughts on “gurus.”
- Investing when you are broke.
- Six steps to overcoming analysis paralysis
- Ten unique niches and three solid strategies you can invest in real estate with.
- Brandon’s favorite “team member” that helped cut 90% of his work out
- To partner or not to partner? Pros and Cons
- 13 ways to finance your real estate investments
Links from the Show
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- BP Podcast 006: Investing While Holding a Full Time Job with Arthur Garcia
- The BiggerPockets Blog
- The BiggerPockets Forums
- BP 004: Commercial Real Estate Investing With Frank Gallinelli
- BP 009: Using Hard Money Lenders to Grow Your Business with Ann Bellamy
- Lease Options (Aka Lease Purchase AKA Rent-to-Own Homes)
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- The Book on Flipping Houses by J Scott
- The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J Scott
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
“You don’t need to make real estate your career in order to build wealth in real estate.” (Tweet This!)
“There has to be money involved when investing in real estate… but it doesn’t need to be yours.” (Tweet This!)
“Real estate takes time, planning, and patience.” (Tweet This!)
“People like to fall down… and people like to sue. Get good insurance.” (Tweet This!)
“You’re not a complete puzzle – there are pieces you are missing. Find those pieces.” (Tweet This!)
“A friendship founded on business is a good deal better than a business founded on friendship.” -John D. Rockefeller (Tweet This!)
Thank you again to everyone who has subscribed in iTunes to help make us one of the top business podcasts in all of iTunes! We’re up to 157 5-Star Reviews so far with over 77,000 downloads! Every subscription in iTunes and every review helps us reach more people – so thank you!