BiggerPockets Podcast 055: The Five Steps Needed to Get Any Lender to Say “Yes” with Jimmy Moncrief
Simply put – this podcast could change your financial life.
You see, a banker can be your best friend or your worst enemy when trying to invest in real estate, as a great loan can mean the difference between long term success and failure. This is why we are super excited to introduce you to Jimmy Moncrief (your new best friend!) on the BiggerPockets Podcast today.
Jimmy is a commercial bank underwriter as well as a real estate investor, so he has a unique insight into the mind of a bank – especially involving real estate investing. . Jimmy is going to share some incredible, actionable tips that any investor can start using today to get your bank to say "Yes" to your next financing request. In addition, Jimmy offers some unique tips for finding great FSBO deals and getting into your first deal.
This show contains so many tips and ideas to help you do more deals, get better financing, and change your future – so grab your pen and paper and set aside the next hour for a truly remarkable show.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Turning your own home into a rental
- Buying a cash flow crazy triplex
- Jimmy’s “lucky” method of finding properties FSBO
- How real estate investors do everything backwards
- Jimmy’s awesome “Quick Tip” about interviewing a bank
- An insider look at the Five “Cs” for getting a loan
- Why Jimmy hates credit scores
- How to turn around a loan denial
- Getting commercial “HUD” loans
- Tips for refinancing your investment properties
- Using cross collateralization to secure financing
- No money down… is it possible?
- And LOTS more…
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime by MJ DeMarco
- The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall
Links from the Show:
- BP Podcast 052: Buying Apartment Complexes, Raising Millions, and Building a Profitable Business with Ken McElroy
- BP Podcast 014 : Cash Flow, Creative Finance, and Life with Ben Leybovich
- Blackstone B2R Financing
- Smart Passive Income Podcast with Pat Flynn – Episode 18 with MJ DeMarco
- Pareto’s Principle- the 80/20 Rule – Wikipedia Post
HUD loans are like a pregnancy: fun at the beginning, painful at the end! (Click to Tweet!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
If you are serious about investing in real estate – you need to know the 5 Cs. (Click to Tweet!)
If you take a proactive approach to lending, everything works out better. (Click to Tweet!)
If you want to be a serious real estate investor – treat it like a business. (Click to Tweet!)