Favorite Business Saying / Quote

Favorite Business Saying / Quote

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

The two sayings that have taken me through difficult times in my business:
"This to shall pass," & "The only thing consistent in this business is that it is consistently inconsistent." My new one is "Enjoy the slow times." What are your favorite business sayings?

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

SFR Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

The stock market has predicted 7 of the last 3 recessions - Paul Samuelson

The market will do whatever is necessary to prove the majority of experts wrong - Unknown

Your employees will treat your customers the way you treat them - Fortune Magazine

I much rather regret the things I did than the things I didn't - Lucille Ball

You can take my factories, burn down my buildings... but give me my people and I'll build those businesses right back - Henry Ford

A problem well defined is a problem half solved - John Dewey

For the same reason the pilot of this airplane keeps the engines running after we're already in the air - William Wrigley, Jr. during a flight with reporters asking why he continues to advertise even though he's the number one brand of chewing gum

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    You can't fix STUPID Bill Engvall or Ron White

    If you set no goal, you'll reach it! Rich Weese

    NO one will ever take as good of care of your money as YOU will. Rich Weese

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    14y

    Where there's a will - there's a way.

    This used to be pretty standard for those who came up through the Great Depression years. Now it's probably:

    Tax the rich so I can get my fair share??

  • Lender · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2009 · 825 posts · 486 votes
    14y

    The ONLY place where SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the DICTIONARY!

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    14y

    My personal favorite, useful when things aren't going exactly as planned, is from Hyman Roth in Godfather 2. When confronted by Michael Corleone about having Frank Pentangeli killed, Hyman reminds Michael that his friend Moe Green was killed (by Michael, though its unclear if Hyman really knows this or not) and Hyman didn't question that because "this is the business we've chosen."

  • Real Estate Investor · CA · Member since 2009 · 174 posts · 39 votes
    14y

    "We do not own the future...it's lent to us by our children."...Unknown

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    May not be a great business quote however Garth Brooks. "I have more money then my grandchildrens grandchildren can spend" is a great perspective to desire and achievement.

    Imagine those zeros.

  • Real Estate Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    The Outcome is Income!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    14y

    Your attitude determines your altitude.

    Numbers don't lie people do...

    A partnership is like a marriage without sex...BUT that doesn't mean you can't get screwed!

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    14y

    "It'd take a genius to invest in real estate and pay taxes."
    Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif.,

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Nashville, TN · Member since 2008 · 151 posts · 46 votes
    14y

    I've always been a fan of the HJ Heinz quote:

    "Quality is to a product as character is to a man."

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    14y

    Illegitimi non carborundum

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    When you have to give bad news to a contractor or someone who didn't win a bid: "It's not you - it's the money."

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Bryan Hancock:
    Great quote Shane! Thanks for sharing.

    Gladly. An old boss has it posted in his kitchen. Had to Google it, couldn't remember who it was.

    Roosevelt has several I subscribe to also, but I dont want to bogart this thread. ;-)

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Al Williamson:
    When you have to give bad news to a contractor or someone who didn't win a bid: "It's not you - it's the money."

    In the case of someone who deserves it, follow that line with this: actually, now that I think about it, it IS you.

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    14y

    " Put the coffee down, coffee is for closers"

    "First place is a Cadillac, 2nd place is a set of steak knives, 3rd place your fired."

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Real Estate Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2011 · 100 posts · 33 votes
    14y

    Men lie, women lie...but the numbers never lie. My wife

    I want to know god's thoughts....the rest are details. Albert Einstein

    Stay away from the steets paved with people looking for the streets paved with gold. My friend's quote while buying gold in 1981.

  • Real Estate Investor · Elmira, NY · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    As a public speaker and trainer for Real Estate Investing my two faviorite ones are:

    Zig Ziglar I will see you at the top

    Mine Real Estate Investors are NOT born. They are trained, coached and mentored to be GREAT Real Estate Investors.

    Thanks
    Dan Schemerhorn

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    14y

    While I was complaining about a small gap in some trim noticeable probably only by me.....
    "I didn't know we were in the piano building business"
    From my own son.
    Don

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    14y

    Henry Ford: "A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops the clock to save time".

  • Investor · Howell, MI · Member since 2011 · 202 posts · 52 votes
    14y

    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~ Confucius

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.