• West Chicago, IL
Votes |
23 Year Old Recent College Grad Looking to Become a REI

Nicholas R Foster
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • West Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 20 2022, 09:40

Hi Everyone, for the past three months since I have graduated I have taken baby steps in learning how to become a Real Estate Investor (listening and reading BP podcasts/books & real estate podcasts in the Chicago area such as the "Straight Up Chicago Investor") I have also recently started a full time job in which I am leveraging to support my goal of becoming a REI. For these past three months I have discovered I am passionate about learning more and more about real estate investing each and everyday, it is all I want to do with my free time on the weekends and days off work. My intermediate family and inner circle is not as interested in REI such as I am, so everything I am learning I don't really have anyone to speak about it with or learn from. Although I still have a lot of learning to do I am very eager to learn more and I am currently looking for colleagues/references or a mentor/advisor to take me under their wing to learn from and help out with my free time. To get skin in the game I am interested in starting out with house-hacking but I would love to hear advice from investors on how you started out in REI, what you may believe is the best route and if there any more methods towards learning more about Real Estate Investing. In addition, if there any meet-ups, seminars or events in general regarding REI in the Chicago or West Suburban Area I would to know for I can connect, network and continue to expand my knowledge within REI.

Loading replies...