Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
I don't know if my parents ever told me to do this, but I saw them live this daily and it has been huge for me and my wife. It's very simple, but extremely effective.
Live Within Your Means.
Since my wife and I graduated from college and started working full-time and we have lived on lower of the two incomes and saved the higher one and that has given us so much freedom to do what we really enjoy doing instead of being tied to money. We don't live in the most expensive house we can afford, we don't drive the most expensive car we can afford, etc. It helped that we weren't making minimum wage after graduation :-)
It's a blessing to have a partner who has the same intensity about the goal as you do.
Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
I don't know if my parents ever told me to do this, but I saw them live this daily and it has been huge for me and my wife. It's very simple, but extremely effective.
Live Within Your Means.
Since my wife and I graduated from college and started working full-time and we have lived on lower of the two incomes and saved the higher one and that has given us so much freedom to do what we really enjoy doing instead of being tied to money. We don't live in the most expensive house we can afford, we don't drive the most expensive car we can afford, etc. It helped that we weren't making minimum wage after graduation :-)
It's a blessing to have a partner who has the same intensity about the goal as you do.
Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
12y
“Staying the course” only makes sense if you’re headed in a sensible direction. Because passion and persistence – while most often associated with success – are also essential ingredients of futility.Don’t Follow Your Passion, But Always Bring it With You. - Mike Rowe
Real Estate Investor · Montgomery, PA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 4 votes
11y
I live in a small town in central PA & the best advice I ever got was, Dont buy it unless you can walk to it. I own about 35 unit's between 12 properties & I can walk to each of them. That guide line has really worked for me.