New to BP and Starting out in REI

10 Replies

Hello everyone! As stated in the title, I am new to BP and new to REI. I am also new to the Houston, TX area. I joined BP after reading many of the posts in multiple forums and realizing what a wealth of knowledge and experience there is here. I would like to take a brief moment to introduce myself. My name is Tina Daughtry. I have a BSN, MSN, and MBA along with multiple certifications. However, I do not have ANY experience in REI. My credit is good, but I have limited funds for investing. I recently made the decision to move to Houston, where I have no family and only a few friends, because I felt like it was a great place to begin my REI career and business. I prayed about it and felt like God confirmed that Houston would be my starting place. I have been to two of my local REI clubs' workshops already and plan to continue to visit more meetings and workshops. My goal is to get as much education about REI as I possibly can and find a mentor so that I can begin my journey to financial freedom and quitting my present job. I have found this part to be more difficult than I anticipated because there are many people who are not genuine and who are not truly looking to educate and mentor. I am not looking for something for nothing by any means, but I do have a high level of integrity and I expect that to be reciprocated. I love meeting and talking to people from all walks of life and am just a genuine person, in general. I'm a Leo so I tend to be very passionate about things that are important to me, i.e. religion and spirituality, family and friends, education and learning, my career and goals, etc. I'm extremely driven and motivated and determined that nothing will stop me from achieving any of my goals. I am looking forward to connecting with people on this site and in my area. In addition, any advice, suggestions, opinions, etc. that anyone who is experienced in REI, or just in general, can offer is greatly appreciated!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

@Tina Daughtry  

Hi Tina.  Welcome to BP.  You can get all you questions answer here.  I don't have any mentors.  However i rely heavily on BP and the members in this community to help me become successful.   Good luck and if you've got questions  feel free to inbox me or post on BP. 

Welcome to BP Tina. BP members are always open to answer questions from newbies. :)

@Tina Daughtry  , welcome to BP. there are plenty member of BP here ins Houston that you can network with and buy lunch for..JK

Welcome to BP @Tina Daughtry  .  You've found the best online resource for all things R.E.!  I wish you luck!

Hey Tina,

I'm glad you made your way to Houston. The market is really great and the community here on BP is really helpful and responsive. The world of Real Estate Investing can be pretty intimidating but with a little patience and hard work it can be extremely rewarding. Good luck on your journey and if you have any questions feel free to ask!  

Welcome! Based on my experience in REI so far, set a goal, be persistent with it, and ask for help! I'm always amazed at how great the support from BP nation is.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback!

Welcome!! Let me know if you need some help. Remember to set your keywords.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here