Craigslist add for Real Estate Investor/Acquisition Trainee

6 Replies

Does anyone have any experience with the company that posts these advertisements? http://cnj.craigslist.org/rej/5274274723.html

Is it legit, or a scam? Seems too good to be true to me.

Likely that you're going to pay for the "training".  And then mostly be taught about how to post such ads and recruit others into your brood of "investors".

@Chris Townley   check into Renatus  it could be one of those dudes.

If you would like a career in RE go get your RE license then work for a broker who specializes in which ever area of RE your interested in.. that will get you the most real time and effective training.

I have experience with them. The group is Renatus. They post literally thousands of similar ads on Craigslist. I bought into the education. Now I wish I had my money back.  They prey on people wanting to get into real estate by promising big money through their education. You can read tons of posts here about them. If it seems too good to be true .....

A better idea is to educate yourself without forking over several thousand dollars to a group who will have you posting ads just like the one you saw. Spend some time here on BP reading the forums and listing to the podcasts. Join your local real estate investors club and network with them. Based on my experience, I've learned more from this site than anywhere else.

Originally posted by @Chris Townley :

Does anyone have any experience with the company that posts these advertisements? http://cnj.craigslist.org/rej/5274274723.html

Is it legit, or a scam? Seems too good to be true to me.

Hey Chris, I just went to the link and saw a whole lot of text. So I read only the headline, and the CTA (call to action). The two starred paragraphs completely turned me off to whatever else was in the posting. Can't say if it's legit or a scam, but I will say be very cautious. Sounds very predatory just from those two starred paragraphs.

I've been tempted to reply to these types of ads before just to see what the deal was but in the back of my mind, I couldn't rationalize why in the world these guys had to resort to CL to find someone to fill those "positions."