Help! there is a seminar that i I went to by Nick Vertucci

Help! there is a seminar that i I went to by Nick Vertucci

snohomish, WA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

I went to a seminar branded by Nick Vertucci.  After a couple of days at the seminar, they are offering a continuing 4 day seminar in California priced at $40,000.  Is this realistic?  Has anyone heard of Nick Vertucci or his Real Estate Academy?

0Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Bryan Hess Don't do it!

Colleges qualify you with entrance exams.  Good franchises vet you to ensure a likelihood of success. Even to get in the Army you have to pass a physical. All these guys care about is whether you have $40k.

Besides it's simply a ripoff. $40k is more than the average tuition for four years of college!  http://www.collegedata.com/cs/content/content_payarticle_tmpl.jhtml?articleId=10064

Read everything here. Listen to the podcasts. Buy a $20 book. If you want to spend more buy a ticket to my city and I can show you what I do. 

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Bryan Hess Don't do it!

    Colleges qualify you with entrance exams.  Good franchises vet you to ensure a likelihood of success. Even to get in the Army you have to pass a physical. All these guys care about is whether you have $40k.

    Besides it's simply a ripoff. $40k is more than the average tuition for four years of college!  http://www.collegedata.com/cs/content/content_payarticle_tmpl.jhtml?articleId=10064

    Read everything here. Listen to the podcasts. Buy a $20 book. If you want to spend more buy a ticket to my city and I can show you what I do. 

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    10y

    welcome to bp @Bryan Hess

    Keep your money 

    You found the best place to learn this business

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Bryan Hess

    Just say no.  No.  For the love of all that is good, just say no.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Stay far away.  Years back I was quite naive in my early 20s in regards to investing in general. I got into a bad real estate deal with Nick and his partner for a property in Detroit.  I was just excited to get started in investing and it seemed like a good deal on paper but I didn't do my due diligence which was my mistake and I take full responsibility for that.  However, you need to be careful as people will do anything to make a buck sometimes and could care less about educating you in the slightest. For example, I wasn't informed once that buying in certain areas have really big risks such as horrible tenants, squatters moving in when people move out, stealing everything from your house including water heaters and any metal they can scrap for money.  I also believe that the turn-key solution they provided looking back was extremely inflated for the area I ended up in.  I would go as far as questioning his integrity and the fact that he is selling a $40,000 class or mentor-ship to you has to make you wonder?  If this person thinks there time is worth $10,000 per day/per student then why are they even bothering doing this class when they must be a billionaire if their time is worth that kind of money.  Chances are he makes his money off a joke education in which you can learn way more valuable information just researching on your own.  Someone charging that kind of money should have a world-class portfolio and be mentoring you 1-on-1. You'll often find that people that have reached the pinnacle of their profession are not out doing this kind of things and if they are it's not for some exorbitant amount of money. My advice from one person learning as much as they can to another is to educate yourself through reading, podcasts, forums, talking to other investors, hitting up local REI clubs, and any experience you can get.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 66 votes
    10y

    spend the money as a down payment on a house and learn from that.  You'll get much better returns even if you make some mistakes along the way.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 433 posts · 103 votes
    10y

    I've heard of the guy. I actually met a guy that works for the company, but I can't tell you anything about the program. I don't know anyone that's actually gone through it. I only heard of the guy because of that one person I met. Sounds a bit pricey. You can probably find a more tailored mentor here on BP. Best of luck! If you're considering $40K..then I'll offer up all my knowledge for the low price of $20K =D. 

  • Flip and Buy/Hold Investor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2013 · 245 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    @Bryan Hess please listen to all of the other posts here. Stay away from the guru stuff and get a better education from simply using that money to buy a property. Spend your time on the biggerpockets threads/podcasts.  

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the info. I'm at the seminar today in Charlotte NC and they're selling hard. Offering money back guarantees.

  • Curtis WatersBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 292 posts · 176 votes
    9y

    We welcome Charlotte area investors to attend the Hobby Millionaire Charlotte meetings (search on meetup.com for dates/times).  No cost to attend our meetings held 4 times each week except for Monday in Ballantyne where you must buy dinner.   

    For $40k you could almost buy a house!!

    Curtis

  • Beloit, WI · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    I agree with using the money for your own investment and pay "tuition" as you go via the inevitable mistakes you'll make. It probably won't be as much, nor will you need to pay it all at once.

    We're closing on our first SFH this month, and I've learned what I know (admittedly, I'm still very much in the learning stage) from the BP podcasts and blogs plus a couple other podcasts and blogs. And now here in the forums.

    I feel a lot of courses are composed of info that you can usually get for free if you have the time to look online/books/talking to knowledgeable people. That's the beauty of courses; they've done the work for you...but there's a trade off. I have no idea about the one in question; just my opinion on my experience with some online courses I've bought.  

  • Developer · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    You should also look at joining your local REIA.

  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Money back guarantees are only as good as the Company. I went to a similar stock options trading seminar once where they showed you all the ways you could make $20k in a day by trading options. Then the free seminar turned into a sales pitch for their 5k, 10k software and mentorship packages. They guaranteed your money back to the extent they'd have someone call you and suggest trades until you earned your tuition money back. I didn't buy it. I just wrote down all the ways they were trying to trick me. (Using pictures of their kids - "obviously trustworthy" - and the guarantees - "nothing to lose.") Making buckets of money is NOT easy and not guaranteed. No amount of success stories can confuse me. Someone I was with bought the 1 year software package for $1-2k and never used it. What a waste. Great advice above - get a local mentor, get books/audiobooks, and invest in a deal where you dive into all the problems and ask everyone for advice.
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y

    Did he suggest buying your WA wholesale deals? Maybe with his transactional funding at 6 points? 

    Buy tax certificates?

    He has no idea how WA works. Bad information will cost even more than the $40k. Owning a $400k property for 2 seconds will cost $14k in excise taxes unnecessarily here.  But by all means, go for it:)

  • Real Estate investor professional · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2016 · 233 posts · 81 votes
    9y

    Just don't do it.

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    I never heard of him but I see the 40k people post about.. I see people compare it to college majority of people who go to college dnt make it. For various reasons. By the time people pay off that amount for college they will be old lol. If they are offering support, money and buyers well worth it that can be made back in one or two deals. Obviously that would make people want to get off their butt lol. drag along in realestate.people always look at price and not value. I see many only Doing at best ten deals, a few more. Where they are doing much much more I would say. Free ways people say, ok well why aren't people doing more deals? Doesn't matter costs in many cases it could be 100 bucks and many still wnt do nothing lol. Some dnt have it or cnt get it, no credit card etc. then there is cheaper way way way way cheaper. Show where to get deals, they have cash buyers and fund the deals. I cnt say who on here though.

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    If you do have a credit card etc with that amount go for it then if they offer the funding etc. Pay that back fast.

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Webster:

    If you do have a credit card etc with that amount go for it then if they offer the funding etc. Pay that back fast.

     You've got to be kidding! ..."if they offer the funding"? That's proof you shouldn't get sucked in!

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    If people paid attention to post. I said if they show how to get deals, provide buyers and hv funding it is worth the 40k if they do support to. That can easily cover the 40k. These comments show people dnt even know how lenders work. They dnt use their money they used individuals money. Therefore, if they are offering money they would do it to their benefit too..why every guru offers money too. People go no way they want to gv money shows it is a scam. Use common sense the money isn't free they were going to gv money to somebody anyway. Easier for them to gv money to somebody they trained..regardless if people sign up they are loaning money outside trainings. Just another thing they add to training. Basic business they are providing what they have anyway. The comment on if they fund must be a scam. Not a scam just common sense.  They are making money all around why wouldn't they offer money too not free they get their money and some. If you ever done a deal the lender makes money by a percent some will joint venture. Same attraining we have money. How is that different then outside a training.

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    People comment without using common sense. How is them adding financing shows  not to get suckered in. I hope the one that mentioned that done at least one deal where they dealt with lenders. Then they would know people loan for a percent. Gurus say financing too they add to training they are making additional money when people use them. They know most likely everybody will need money. 100 people sign up 100 people they are making percentages from when they get loan. Please understand basic common sense business. Reason for them to add things. Either stuff they already have, contracts etc and/or lending where they are making money. Easier for them to sell packages adding funding. 

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    Let me break it down elementary style lol. They charge 40k whatever they say  part of program we will gv contracts you need, Money for deals, a template and support, plus cash buyers etc. People go what no way a scam. Contracts, they already have in a folder being huge companies they have many if not all contracts by state already had lawyers draw them up. They sat here you go. Next templates same thing they already have and money they loan that anyway. Each person most likely will need them, your money us covered and they are making money win win. They are making easier on investors, by giving/provide what they have access to. Again win win. Funding deals with no percent etc then yeah that draws red flags. But how could a red flag be drawn if 99% of time they are making money 

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    lastly, people say how could they provide education with no entrance exam. What entrance exam could they gv? College entrance exam is stuff people already learned before in high school etc. College is just a refresher and then sone stuff added. There is no refresher in realestate. They gv entrance exam most will do horrible. Nothing to build from if never shown. Why would they gv entrance exam even if they could.  Like I said cnt gv entrance exam with no prior learning to add to or refresh. No pre investing classes to take.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Don't.Do.It.

  • Rental Property Investor · Edison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 753 posts · 565 votes
    8y
    Run from this. Do not even go back to be swindled into this.
  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Webster:

    People comment without using common sense. How is them adding financing shows  not to get suckered in. I hope the one that mentioned that done at least one deal where they dealt with lenders. Then they would know people loan for a percent. Gurus say financing too they add to training they are making additional money when people use them. They know most likely everybody will need money. 100 people sign up 100 people they are making percentages from when they get loan. Please understand basic common sense business. Reason for them to add things. Either stuff they already have, contracts etc and/or lending where they are making money. Easier for them to sell packages adding funding. 

    Yes, I've done deals that needed a Lender. But none of those Lenders said to me: "We'll lend you $100k, but because we're not checking your credentials, and we're giving you educational materials, and a small list of people who may or may not be interested in buying something off you one day, we'll put on our books that we loaned you $140k, and start charging you a higher-than-normal interest on the whole amount; and don't even think about not paying it all back, because we'll foreclose on whatever you bought with that $100k so quick it'll make your eyes water, and still chase you for the rest". Yep, as I recall, none of my Lenders said that to me...

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    It is funny people comment on peoples programs that they never used They just assume. I looked up the nick guy he has closed more deals than anybody else by far. Cnt be too bad. Many have no clue what they are talking about have friends who dealt with various programs credentials are bad they will beat people up with rates that is common sense. Same as buying a car. They closed on 8k deals. Brent none of people who did various programs said nothing close to what you are talking about. You are just making up examples.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.