Current Progress

Current Progress

Rocklin, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hello, 

This is my second post on BP after posting nearly 6 months ago. And here is where I am at since starting 6 months ago. 

I started going to the local REIs, through meetup.com, about twice a month where I met some amazing people that were willing to give me some advice.I also I had a slight setback living in two areas within the last 6 months (military training). I knew I was going to move back to the Sacramento area, but I figured why not go out and learn a thing or two while living in Central Coast California for 3 months.

It took a lot of reading and listening to the BP podcast ,as well as, other investors for it to get through my head that I need to do more work besides doing a direct marketing campaign every couple of weeks. I realized this when I was reading Building Wealth One House at a Time by John W. Schaub and I came across a nugget on pg 30, about actually knocking on the owner's door. Another realization came from BP podcast 171 about a comment that even the most experienced real estate investors still drive for dollars.

In order for me to get a better feel for the area, I've been going to at least 4 open houses on the weekends. I also finally mustered the courage to knock on a couple of doors 2 weeks ago. Tonight I'm also experimenting with placing bandit signs (and taking them down before Monday). I'm also doubling down and driving for dollars. 

While i'm still new to the game. I hope my experience can be a lesson anyone fledging and just made an account.  I still haven't made my first deal yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer the more I talk to people and take action. 

-I will try to be more proactive about posting on the forums. However, nothing beats mustering the courage and meeting people on your journey. Thanks for reading!

2Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Roseville, CA · Member since 2011 · 205 posts · 86 votes
    10y
    Thank you for sharing your journey. It takes a lot of courage!! I wish you the best.
  • Tim KunzPro Member
    Contractor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    @Elliott Gonzalez sounds like you're on the right track, keep it up!

  • Invester/ wellness coach. · Akiruno Shi, Tōkyō-to · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • Sergey TkachevPro Member
    Investor, Agent, CPA · West Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 690 posts · 262 votes
    10y

    @Elliott Gonzalez, thanks for sharing your progress and congrats on getting this far, you're probably in the 1% of people who actually take action.  Looking forward to hearing more about your progress!  Out of curiosity, which two meetups have you been attending?

  • Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Way to go.  Tell us how it went knocking on doors.  What did you say?  What did you learn?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.