Elliott Gonzalez
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
Current Progress

Elliott Gonzalez
  • Rocklin, CA
Posted Jun 3 2016, 20:40

Hello, 

This is my second post on BP after posting nearly 6 months ago. And here is where I am at since starting 6 months ago. 

I started going to the local REIs, through meetup.com, about twice a month where I met some amazing people that were willing to give me some advice.I also I had a slight setback living in two areas within the last 6 months (military training). I knew I was going to move back to the Sacramento area, but I figured why not go out and learn a thing or two while living in Central Coast California for 3 months.

It took a lot of reading and listening to the BP podcast ,as well as, other investors for it to get through my head that I need to do more work besides doing a direct marketing campaign every couple of weeks. I realized this when I was reading Building Wealth One House at a Time by John W. Schaub and I came across a nugget on pg 30, about actually knocking on the owner's door. Another realization came from BP podcast 171 about a comment that even the most experienced real estate investors still drive for dollars.

In order for me to get a better feel for the area, I've been going to at least 4 open houses on the weekends. I also finally mustered the courage to knock on a couple of doors 2 weeks ago. Tonight I'm also experimenting with placing bandit signs (and taking them down before Monday). I'm also doubling down and driving for dollars. 

While i'm still new to the game. I hope my experience can be a lesson anyone fledging and just made an account.  I still haven't made my first deal yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer the more I talk to people and take action. 

-I will try to be more proactive about posting on the forums. However, nothing beats mustering the courage and meeting people on your journey. Thanks for reading!

Loading replies...