Votes
Omar Cantu
  • Clute, TX
Votes |
Failure to launch, no luck so far

Omar Cantu
  • Clute, TX
Posted Jun 19 2017, 08:26
Hi, I'm 23 yrs old and have been trying to get started in real estate investing. But no luck. I know this wasn't going to be easy but it almost feels impossible. I finally tried to get pre qualified for a loan of about $80,000 to $90,000 or so. The loan officer that took my application finally called back and pretty much told me I can't if I don't have about $15k-$20k to put down. She said I don't make enough to support a loan of that much. I make about $2600 a month and have only my truck payment of $560 a month. She said with the loan payment i would have too much debt to income and would not qualify. She also specifically asked me if it was for myself or to rent out. I know I've heard before to not say it's an investment property. What is the best way to build capital or buy your first property? I also know a FHA loan will work but I don't have a house for myself and I don't want to be in a bind when I start my own family. I have a friend of mine who bought a house and he's renting it out and letting it pay itself off but now he can't get a loan to buy a house for himself and he makes very decent money. I really just don't want to fail. I have a pretty good feeling I can do it but the upfront capital to get started is what's mostly stopping me. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Loading replies...