Booked my flight to Greensboro, NC - now it's real

Booked my flight to Greensboro, NC - now it's real

Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes

I'm all set to start my investment portfolio in the awesome city of Greensboro, NC.  Why Greensboro when I'm from Everett, WA?  Well, my employer owns a company there, and I'm excited about the cost of living in the area and might eventually move to NC.

That said, my main goal is to meet with other investors in the area.  I have loads of questions and am very excited about the area and getting started.

Cheers,

Eric

4Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Everywhere, USA · Member since 2012 · 689 posts · 525 votes
8y

@Eric Merhar - I think you will love NC! There is a ton of growth in the state and prices are still reasonable compared to the west coast. If you like beer, go take time to visit Red Oak Brewery which is right off interstate 40!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Everywhere, USA · Member since 2012 · 689 posts · 525 votes
    8y

    @Eric Merhar - I think you will love NC! There is a ton of growth in the state and prices are still reasonable compared to the west coast. If you like beer, go take time to visit Red Oak Brewery which is right off interstate 40!

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the Gate City

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Kerr I'm very excited about the area and ready to explore.  Definitely a craft beer fan, and will check out Red Oak, thanks for the tip!

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Samuel Collier Thank you!  Looking forward to my visit

  • Investor · Burlington, NC · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Welcome to Greensboro @Eric Merhar. What types of investments are you looking for? Multi-family? Single family? Rentals? Flips?

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Dedric Polite single family for buy and hold using the BRRRR strategy. Thanks for asking!

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Eric,

    Are you planning on acquiring any properties while you are here?  Or just acclimating yourself to the GSO market?

    I'm also just getting started here in Greensboro.  If you wanna grab a beer and discuss Real Estate sometime, I'll be around!

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Neil K. well, I suppose it depends on whether or not the deal meets my criteria!  I'm fully funded, so will be ready to pull the trigger as soon as the right deal comes my way.

    Definitely up for grabbing a pint, I'll be in town April 18-20 and am working on shoring up my schedule.  Let me know your availability and we'll connect.

    Cheers,

    Eric

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Dedric Polite I put your @ name in my response on mobile and apparently it doesn't have that functionality. Sorry about that! I'm looking for SFH's, buy and hold using the BRRRR strategy.

    Thanks!

    Eric

  • Investor · Burlington, NC · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Got it @Eric Merhar, Are you planning to use conventional financing? Cash, hard money? I ask because I often come across wholesale deals. 

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Dedric Polite I plan on using cash.  If you would, please add me to your wholesale funnel.  Thanks!

  • Chris NewsomePro Member
    Greensboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y
    @Eric Merhar I noticed the dates you will be in Greensboro and if you’re interested the local REIA is having a trade show April 19th from 7:30-9:00pm at the Marriott at the Greensboro airport. All kinds of investors, and vendors for investors from the area should be there. The website is www.triadreia.com might be a good way to dive into the area and meet some investors and vendors.
  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Chris Newsome Thank you for that amazing tip!  I just registered to attend.

  • Investor · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 673 votes
    8y

    @Eric Merhar ... welcome to NC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.