Booked my flight to Greensboro, NC - now it's real

14 Replies

I'm all set to start my investment portfolio in the awesome city of Greensboro, NC.  Why Greensboro when I'm from Everett, WA?  Well, my employer owns a company there, and I'm excited about the cost of living in the area and might eventually move to NC.

That said, my main goal is to meet with other investors in the area.  I have loads of questions and am very excited about the area and getting started.

Cheers,

Eric

@Eric Merhar - I think you will love NC! There is a ton of growth in the state and prices are still reasonable compared to the west coast. If you like beer, go take time to visit Red Oak Brewery which is right off interstate 40!

@Andrew Kerr I'm very excited about the area and ready to explore.  Definitely a craft beer fan, and will check out Red Oak, thanks for the tip!

Welcome to Greensboro @Eric Merhar . What types of investments are you looking for? Multi-family? Single family? Rentals? Flips?

@Dedric Polite single family for buy and hold using the BRRRR strategy. Thanks for asking!

Hi Eric,

Are you planning on acquiring any properties while you are here?  Or just acclimating yourself to the GSO market?

I'm also just getting started here in Greensboro.  If you wanna grab a beer and discuss Real Estate sometime, I'll be around!

@Neil Kauppila well, I suppose it depends on whether or not the deal meets my criteria!  I'm fully funded, so will be ready to pull the trigger as soon as the right deal comes my way.

Definitely up for grabbing a pint, I'll be in town April 18-20 and am working on shoring up my schedule.  Let me know your availability and we'll connect.

Cheers,

Eric

@Dedric Polite I put your @ name in my response on mobile and apparently it doesn't have that functionality. Sorry about that! I'm looking for SFH's, buy and hold using the BRRRR strategy.

Thanks!

Eric

Got it @Eric Merhar , Are you planning to use conventional financing? Cash, hard money? I ask because I often come across wholesale deals. 

@Dedric Polite I plan on using cash.  If you would, please add me to your wholesale funnel.  Thanks!

@Eric Merhar I noticed the dates you will be in Greensboro and if you’re interested the local REIA is having a trade show April 19th from 7:30-9:00pm at the Marriott at the Greensboro airport. All kinds of investors, and vendors for investors from the area should be there. The website is www.triadreia.com might be a good way to dive into the area and meet some investors and vendors.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.