Moving to Orlando, starting a new career... can't wait!!!

21 Replies

My family and I are days away from fulfilling our dream of leaving the cold Canadian winters behind and moving to sunny Orlando, Florida where we’ll be beginning our real estate investment career as Homevestors franchisees.  We’re really excited to meet other investors, especially newbies like us!  If you’re in the area, we’d love to hear from you.

@Paul Schu - no I went with the associate because it made more sense from an investment standpoint particularly for us coming from Canada.  If I'm an American with the capital it makes sense to go with the full franchise.

Originally posted by @Giuseppe Pavone :

@Paul Schu - no I went with the associate because it made more sense from an investment standpoint particularly for us coming from Canada.  If I'm an American with the capital it makes sense to go with the full franchise.

I understand where you are coming from. I wish you the best of luck. 

Congrats! Orlando is a great city and we hope you love it here! Good Luck on this big adventure.

@Giuseppe Pavone Hi Giuseppe! I just read your posts and numerous comments from others on your intent of your first FL vacation/rental home - I thInk a year ago now. I think I may be where you were then, but for me it’s now. I have the financing ready via Royal Bank, and looking to buy around Orlando. My concern is what is the best area for short term rental and can I actually pull it off with a home price of 185-225K. I have my eyes on one now, has tons of curbside and beautiful modern interior, but In Reunion. Is this area good for short term renters? Im from montreal..

@Alain Richard I visited Reunion and it's beautiful.  However their fees are much higher from what I recall compared to other communities.  While I do believe it's more of an "automatic" investment I don't think you'll be as profitable.  After all my research I came to the conclusion that I wanted to be in Windsor Hills.  It's older, but they pump money back into the community, has name value, and if they're not the closest community to Disney, they're one of them.  If you PM me I can provide more details including some names you can contact to help you make a better decision as I've been out of the loop for a while.  I remember just recently I looked at the inventory in Windsor Hills and there were only a few townhomes available whereas the year prior there were 12-16 consistently.  Good luck!

Giuseppe:

I am from Burlington, Ontario and looking to invest in the Orlando area. I was wondering under what status will you be residing in the US. Are you on aninvestment visa as such or otherwise.

Elsa