Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Marek
  • San Ramon, CA
Votes |
OOS Investing from California - partner?

Kyle Marek
  • San Ramon, CA
Posted Sep 11 2018, 19:44

I've been antsy for months to get in on my first rental property. I have the savings to do so, but I live in the East Bay in California where rentals are through the roof and cash flow is almost nonexistent. 

I have a mentor (my grandpa) who lives north of Sacramento, and we have been scouring that area for buy and hold for cash flow for some time with no luck yet.

My mentor is older and while he has had out of state properties in the past, he is not familiar with the new OOS market and the modern day advantages technology offers for finding rentals. He thinks it's sketchy (which it can be!)

I've read David Greene's book on out of state RE investing and have been searching the MLS in markets like the Midwest, TX, and Ohio. I know about the system and team I need to create if I want to do this (agent, lender, property manager, etc.).

I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if I had an experienced OOS investing partner to help me through my first deal. I realize it's asking a lot, but I'm highly motivated, have the capital, time, and am ready now! If there is anyone out there who is willing to help in any way, that would be a godsend. If not, I understand.

Regardless, good luck to everyone in their RE journey!

Loading replies...