Hey BP I need your advise on Live Seminar Events

Hey BP I need your advise on Live Seminar Events

Rental Property Investor 路 Arroyo Grande, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 17 posts 路 3 votes

Hey BP

In 2019 I'm planning on attending a live seminar event but im having trouble deciding which one. Im focused on MFR's/Syndication and I've narrowed it down to 3 events from 3 different people. Im hoping to find someone here on the forum that has actually attended these events and give me their feedback. If you know of any other seminars im open to those as well.I picked these three because i enjoy their podcast and feel they are a expert in this field.

Big Thanks BP and Happy New Year!

1. Rod Khleif (multi family bootcamp ) in Tampa Fl

2. Brad Sumroks ( rat race 2 retirement) in Dallas Texas

3. The Real Estate guys (secret of successful Syndication) Dallas Texas

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Yonah WeissPro Member
Cost Segregation Expert and Investor 路 Lakewood, NJ 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
7y

@Anthony Cecena You should add @Dan Handford's Multi Family Investor Nation Summit in two weeks.

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor 路 Lakewood, NJ 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Anthony Cecena You should add @Dan Handford's Multi Family Investor Nation Summit in two weeks.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant 路 Summerlin, NV 路 Member since 2014 路 45k+ posts 路 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Cecena:

    Hey BP

    In 2019 I'm planning on attending a live seminar event but im having trouble deciding which one. Im focused on MFR's/Syndication and I've narrowed it down to 3 events from 3 different people. Im hoping to find someone here on the forum that has actually attended these events and give me their feedback. If you know of any other seminars im open to those as well.I picked these three because i enjoy their podcast and feel they are a expert in this field.

    Big Thanks BP and Happy New Year!

    1. Rod Khleif (multi family bootcamp ) in Tampa Fl

    2. Brad Sumroks ( rat race 2 retirement) in Dallas Texas

    3. The Real Estate guys (secret of successful Syndication) Dallas Texas

    I have heard good things about lyndahl  not sure if its MF  and syndication specific though 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH 路 Member since 2012 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    7y

    Well, OK,  @Yonah Weiss - don't mention Phoenix Syndication Workshop :( 

  • Multifamily Syndicator 路 Greater Los Angeles Area 路 Member since 2015 路 399 posts 路 261 votes
    7y

    HI @Anthony Cecena I would also add Joe Fairless' Best Ever Conference in February and also The Raising Money Summit in October, both are in Denver.  I have attended 2 out of the 3 you listed with exception to Brad Sumrok's.  If I had to pick between the 2 I've attended I would choose Rod Khleif's hands down.  In my opinion it's a better group and I just got the feeling they wanted to help me more vs make money off of you.  Overall the content is equal.  Hope this helps and keep us updated on which you attend and how they went!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 RVA 路 Member since 2016 路 5k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Anthony Cecena those are great, and other quality sessions have been mentioned. I would add Michael Blank's events, they're quality.

    This year I'll be attending Jake & Gino as well, I've heard great things about that.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 63 posts 路 71 votes
    7y
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor 路 Lakewood, NJ 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

    Well, OK,  @Yonah Weiss - don't mention Phoenix Syndication Workshop :( 

    Oy Vey! :) Now, your workshop will be on the top of my mind....I will make it up to you, if you will ever forgive me, 馃槉 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2013 路 87 posts 路 54 votes
    7y

    @Anthony Cecena

    Hey Anthony - Just another option out there for you to check oit...Think Multifamily based in DFW is a group focused on multifamily apartment investing and syndication. There's a weekend training event in Dallas, TX on March 30-31 if you're interested. Full Disclosure, I'm part of the group and love the founders. I can honestly say that going to this event and meeting the founders has helped me. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Glen Rock, NJ 路 Member since 2015 路 3k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Anthony Cecena

    I think it depends on what you're looking as a result of these events. 

    1) some offer education but these will be costlier

    2) cheaper ones normally offer education that is too rudimentary and always back it up with upsell 

    3) all offer some form of networking, However... depending on the presenters' list, the networking may end up being on a completely different level. 

    Also, keep in mind the  opinions are subjective. Instead you should ask people to give you an idea of the content and then decide for yourself which events make the most sense for you.

    PM me if you want my additional feedback. 

  • Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 112 posts 路 83 votes
    7y

    My life changing experience happened by attending and then joining the Lifestyles Unlimited program. You may want to check them out.  I know Brad because he was my mentor when I joined.  Around 2014 or so he started his own program.

    I believe in recent years Brad has spoken at the secrets of syndication seminar that the real estate guys hold. 

    I know Brad's program works because I have been in three deals with his mentees and of the two that we sold I more than tripled my money in three years.  I am also in three LifeStyles mentees syndications but they are more recent and don't have completed deal returns. I am happy with the progress of the deals, probably not as good as my first two home runs.

    You need to find a mentor that you are comfortable with. 

    You may want to listen to the old capital podcast they have a lot of information on the topic.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH 路 Member since 2012 路 4k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Yonah Weiss:
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

    Well, OK,  @Yonah Weiss - don't mention Phoenix Syndication Workshop :( 

    Oy Vey! :) Now, your workshop will be on the top of my mind....I will make it up to you, if you will ever forgive me, 馃槉 

     Seriously...I was gonna say... I give you all my business and all, and Oy hah

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor 路 Lakewood, NJ 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:
    Originally posted by @Yonah Weiss:
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:

    Well, OK,  @Yonah Weiss - don't mention Phoenix Syndication Workshop :( 

    Oy Vey! :) Now, your workshop will be on the top of my mind....I will make it up to you, if you will ever forgive me, 馃槉 

     Seriously...I was gonna say... I give you all my business and all, and Oy hah

     Connect with me on LinkedIn, and we'll make some magic happen about your event...that's my main playing field.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 63 posts 路 71 votes
    7y

    Hi @Anthony Cecena

    I'd encourage you to go to more than one event as there are big differences across them. As a disclosure, I'm a member of Think Multifamily but I'm not paid by them - I'm simply a very satisfied member. 

    It has been exactly two years since I decided to pursue multifamily. However about 15 months of that was spent trying to get it done on my own and that was not fruitful. During that time I went to a live seminar over two days and just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on it, though I got VERY close. I didn't like how the focus seemed to be so much about money being made by the mentor and by his students. Maybe you are different but it doesn't motivate me to see a guru talk about his car, homes etc. I just don't see how another man's stuff is relevant to my success.

    Obviously there's money in real estate, but the money is a tool/bridge/means to having more control over my life. I have specific personal goals I want to achieve and they have to do with my wife and I having more control over our lives; none of my goals are about possessions. Those things will simply come along the way. 

    When I meet real estate investors I look at them to see if I am philosophically in sync with them. I've found such people in the Kenneys who founded Think Multifamily, and also in the members of the group. So I love that and the sense of family within the group. It's like any company or sports team; the tone is critically important and it is set at the top.

    Oh and most importantly as a person evaluating such a group you need to know about track record - you can just google Mark Kenney, he's done thousands of doors. I've got a 100+ unit deal in escrow along with 15-20 deals closed or currently under contract by other Think Multifamily members since October 2017. 

    Good luck on your journey! 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2018 路 32 posts 路 44 votes
    7y

    Hi @Anthony Cecena,

    My husband and I have attended several events in the past year.  We went to a Think Multifamily event in Dallas, TX in October  2017.  We joined their mentoring group at that event and have been going to all of their conferences and events in 2018.  Definitely one of the best decisions we've made!  We have gotten to know several amazing people in the group over the past year and have had the opportunity to invest in several multifamily syndications in 2018; some passively and some as part of the general partnership.  It's going to be an exciting 2019 with several deals already in the works and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow!  If you want me to answer any specific questions about the group, I would love to share.  The culture and integrity of the group is amazing.  We'll be at their FIRE Summit in March and their 2nd annual cruise this summer.

    We have also been to a few of the Real Estate Guys events.  Great events and great people as well.  We'll be at the Secrets of Successful Syndication again this year in February.  Maybe we can meet you there.

    Happy New Year!

    Emily

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Arroyo Grande, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 17 posts 路 3 votes
    7y

    Chihiro

    Happy New Year!

    Wow , thank you so much for that insight ! You and I share the same sentiment about why I'm wanting to get into multi family . I want to retire my wife and live the life I want with my kiddos too. I'm not a flashy guy I still drive the same 19 year old pick up truck I want to be able to leave something for my kids when I'm gone . Think multi family sounds like the kind a group a can grow with. I've always known that going it alone in MFR is tough and that's why I'm glad BP is around to get this kind of advise. I'm a Pay it forward kind of guy I would love to be able to teach Newbee's coming in everything I know . Congratulations on your success and I hope 2019 has much more ahead for you.

    Best

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Arroyo Grande, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 17 posts 路 3 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Anthony Cecena:

    Hey BP

    In 2019 I'm planning on attending a live seminar event but im having trouble deciding which one. Im focused on MFR's/Syndication and I've narrowed it down to 3 events from 3 different people. Im hoping to find someone here on the forum that has actually attended these events and give me their feedback. If you know of any other seminars im open to those as well.I picked these three because i enjoy their podcast and feel they are a expert in this field.

    Big Thanks BP and Happy New Year!

    1. Rod Khleif (multi family bootcamp ) in Tampa Fl

    2. Brad Sumroks ( rat race 2 retirement) in Dallas Texas

    3. The Real Estate guys (secret of successful Syndication) Dallas Texas

    I have heard good things about lyndahl  not sure if its MF  and syndication specific though 

     Thx Jay 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Arroyo Grande, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 17 posts 路 3 votes
    7y

    A BIG THANKS to all of you that have replied. You've all been a big help!

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2011 路 529 posts 路 48 votes
    7y

    Hey @Account Closed - Can I get on the list for this event? 

  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor 路 Lexington, SC 路 Member since 2018 路 779 posts 路 501 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Yonah Weiss! 

  • Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 1k+ posts 路 745 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Cecena:

    Hey BP

    In 2019 I'm planning on attending a live seminar event but im having trouble deciding which one. Im focused on MFR's/Syndication and I've narrowed it down to 3 events from 3 different people. Im hoping to find someone here on the forum that has actually attended these events and give me their feedback. If you know of any other seminars im open to those as well.I picked these three because i enjoy their podcast and feel they are a expert in this field.

    Big Thanks BP and Happy New Year!

    1. Rod Khleif (multi family bootcamp ) in Tampa Fl

    2. Brad Sumroks ( rat race 2 retirement) in Dallas Texas

    3. The Real Estate guys (secret of successful Syndication) Dallas Texas

     Dont spend big money, and dont get sucked into paying big money for the "next class"

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Dallas, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 63 posts 路 71 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Bart H.:
    Originally posted by @Anthony Cecena:

    Hey BP

    In 2019 I'm planning on attending a live seminar event but im having trouble deciding which one. Im focused on MFR's/Syndication and I've narrowed it down to 3 events from 3 different people. Im hoping to find someone here on the forum that has actually attended these events and give me their feedback. If you know of any other seminars im open to those as well.I picked these three because i enjoy their podcast and feel they are a expert in this field.

    Big Thanks BP and Happy New Year!

    1. Rod Khleif (multi family bootcamp ) in Tampa Fl

    2. Brad Sumroks ( rat race 2 retirement) in Dallas Texas

    3. The Real Estate guys (secret of successful Syndication) Dallas Texas

     Dont spend big money, and dont get sucked into paying big money for the "next class"

    Hey Bart yes it is a ton of money to get into most if not all of these mentorship groups. And it took me 15-16 months of trying to make it happen in multifamily to finally come to the conclusion that I essentially needed professional help. No it is not impossible to do it on your own but it is extremely difficult. Case in point, about 7 months after joining TMF I had my own deal under contract. Mark's mentorship was crucial in making that happen.

    "OK that sounds great, but 'everybody' is getting into syndication now, they're overpaying and when the recession hits their deals will blow up." Then these gurus will pack up their bags and sit on their millions on a tropical island...right?

    Not necessarily. What if...

    ...Your "guru" eats his own cooking and takes downside risk in his students' deals? 

    ...The "guru" tells you not to pursue a deal far more often than he tells you to chase one, because you're still inexperienced and you're underwriting too aggressively? 

    ...Your deal is good enough that experienced syndicators who aren't affiliated with TMF want to partner with you on the deal? 

    If there's a way to learn how to take down apartments just through books, podcasts and/or an internet course then have at it. It didn't work for me though, I did such a course (which was very reasonably priced) and it did not help. You have to shake hands with and talk to people to get anywhere in this business. 

    My opinion is that one should learn from those easily accessible and free information sources to establish a solid foundation. You certainly don't need to pay thousands of dollars to learn that stuff and frankly you shouldn't. 

    Once you understand how freaking difficult it is, take a hard look at yourself and decide whether you want to devote the time. Then take another hard look at yourself and decide whether you want to spend the money on mentorship. If either of those are no's, keep doing what you're doing. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.