HIT MY GOAL OF 100 UNITS!!

225 Replies

@Brandon Penn this is a great post, I only discovered biggerpockets a few weeks ago and since then I've become extremely interested in rental property investing. I'm working on getting my financials in order and have convinced my wife this could be better for us then my 401k (no matter how I do the numbers, even federal max, I cant live off it). Reading posts like this keep me motivated to pursuing the dream. Keep up the good work.

@Brandon Penn awesome congrats! I have family in Erie, used to visit every year as a kid.

Do you have any pointers for ideal apartment specs in general? # of units that is too small? Cost/unit vs. rent / unit? Rehab costs per unit?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Erie still has great returns. I'm itching to buy my next multi-family there (I grew up there). 

How did you find this property? Direct mail, networking or some other way? 

@Brandon Penn congratulations on the achievement! You started the way I am thinking to start. Did you set up your LLC before buying another home or was it transferred after you were settled in the new place? Guess I should ask first if you set up a LLC? What was the thing you found easiest about becoming a landlord? And what was the hardest? Thank you for your story!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here