HIT MY GOAL OF 100 UNITS!!

225 Replies

Hello Brandon,

What an accomplishment you have achieved. Thank you for sharing this story, and giving the inspiring words. I hope you have the best of luck in your future endeavors. 

Sincerely,

Such an Inspiring story.  Believe me I know the road to the top does not come easy, and you learned alot of valuable lessons.  But the biggest is to take the first step. Thank you for sharing with us!

@Brandon Penn

Congrats man! We have 9 right now hopefully be in contract at the end of this week for a 4 plex putting us at 13. The goal is to have 20 units in San Diego at the end of the year. We are currently looking to buy land and build 4-5 units since deals are very hard to come by.

Originally posted by @Brandon Penn :

I just hit one of my major life goals of owning over 100 units! I just closed a 70 unit deal which puts me at 118 units total. The reason I post this in the starting out section, is it is important for anyone just getting started that it really does start with that 1st deal. I got my start in 2013 by renting out my residential home instead of selling it when I moved. I hadn't thought about becoming a true real estate investor at that time. I just wanted to buy residential homes and rent them out when I moved so that when I retired I would have a little extra income coming in. From there I realized how much I enjoyed being a landlord and thought about maybe doing more than just a couple properties. Fast forward to today and I now have over 100 which has been a major life goal for me for the last 3 years. This allows me the option to quit my job if I ever decide to, as well as secure that I will be able to retire by the age of 45. I'm not where I plan to end up, but this is a huge step forward for me. When people think of success or wealth they see the fancy cars, big homes, and amazing vacations. They don't realize all the time, most of which is unpaid, sweat, and tears that goes into becoming successful/financially independent. They don't realize the sacrifices you have to make with friends, and family. The sleepless nights of wondering how the heck you are going to pay for all these bills starting pile up. My advice to new investors is to just keep pushing through. Make sure you are educated with what you are doing, and just keep moving forward. Eventually everything falls into place as long as you don't give up!

Congrats !!

My key take aways 

1.  you enjoy being a landlord  that is critical.. myself I  hate it.. :)

2. a market that allows you to get velocity IE price points on the low end nationwide  this is a very critical aspect of scaling.

3. I think  that what  have done while awesome I bet you would be successful at any business you put your mind to. Winners are Winners for a reason. 

so again congrats and continued success.

Congrats Brandon. This is very inspiring knowing that you did this without quitting your regular 9-5. My mentors first words now making so much sense right now...

I think that what you have accomplished in purchasing 100 units is the true definition of success. I'm starting out in the real estate investing field and would love to have success like you to keep me going and not to give up. Always looking to learn from the success of others.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here