Cleveland Ohio investors! Let’s connect

Cleveland Ohio investors! Let’s connect

Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 20 votes

Hi! I’m looking to connect with Cleveland Ohio investors. I’m an investor based in Las Vegas I’m really interested in Ohio because I would love to move there soon, I’d love to network now and offer my help as well to anyone who needs it!

9Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 280 posts · 365 votes
6y

@Tadela Tedemet @Jeremey McClain @Bikash Chhetri @Han T.  You guys are going to LOVE investing in Cleveland! @Michael Ohara is absolutely correct. My husband and I are investors and agents in Cleveland. But PLEASE do not go online and buy a random property in a neighborhood you know nothing about. Cleveland is a city of neighborhoods and you do need to have an understanding of what is happening where so you can make good decisions. Happy to connect and talk further if anyone is interested or needs help. 

@Brian Garlington would like to connect and learn about your Cleveland projects as well. I have family in the Bay area too.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tadela Tedemet:

    Hi! I’m looking to connect with Cleveland Ohio investors. I’m an investor based in Las Vegas I’m really interested in Ohio because I would love to move there soon, I’d love to network now and offer my help as well to anyone who needs it!

     Cleveland is a great place to invest! Prices are low and now that interest rates are dropping, it is a great time to jump in. Make sure you research the area before you buy though. 

    Good luck to you! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 769 votes
    6y

    Love to move to Ohio? Now that's not something you hear every day! 

  • Investor · HI · Member since 2017 · 328 posts · 124 votes
    6y

    Welcome!

    Cleveland is a great place to invest.  All the best to you.

  • Cory WallacePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 38 votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet Cleveland is the city!!! I would love to connect.

  • Bay Area, CA · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Michelle Fenn that’s awesome!! I would love to connect with you! I’m from California and looking to invest in Cleveland in next couple of months!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tadela Tedemet:

    Hi! I’m looking to connect with Cleveland Ohio investors. I’m an investor based in Las Vegas I’m really interested in Ohio because I would love to move there soon, I’d love to network now and offer my help as well to anyone who needs it!

     Welcome to the site Tadela. 1st thing you should check out is going to be The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods. Should give you a really good baseline as to the lay of the land around here.

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet   I'm in California and I invest in Cleveland....we should connect if you are serious about investing out there. Good PMs and bad PMs out there...Good Investor Friendly Agents and some Bad ones. I can give you some scoop so you don't make the same mistakes I've made in working with one of them.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Everyone here is so awesome! Thank you guys so much and @James Wise thank you so much for that link! I almost bought a property yesterday for 9k in the deep East i guess not the best neighborhood lol... but luckily I have a contractor out there who said not to...searching on the west now. 

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 118 posts · 147 votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet - I would be very careful getting into that type of property as your first investment in the area.

    I highly suggest getting a solid Class B multi to start and build a team around. From there you can go to higher yield/risk plays. Happy to chat more. I own 33 apartments (small multis) through Ohio City, Detroit-Shoreway, Edgewater, Newburgh Heights, and Slovic Village.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet

    I would recommend Columbus, Ohio as well

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Marshall Mann:

    @Tadela Tedemet

    I would recommend Columbus, Ohio as well

     I second this. Columbus, Ohio is a great area to invest in real estate because of our increased job and population growth!

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Thank you guys! Haven’t looked into Columbus at all, this is my first investment property and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t super nervous

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed thank you! I connected with you so hopefully we can chat! I have a million and one questions but I won’t overload you lol. Thanks for the help! 

  • Investor · Columbus · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet

    Hey let's connect. I'm also looking at Ohio. Started out from Columbus. Now looking at Cleveland too. 😊

  • Investor · HI · Member since 2017 · 328 posts · 124 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tadela Tedemet:

    Everyone here is so awesome! Thank you guys so much and @James Wise thank you so much for that link! I almost bought a property yesterday for 9k in the deep East i guess not the best neighborhood lol... but luckily I have a contractor out there who said not to...searching on the west now. 

    Whew!! That was a close one. It's great that you have someone on the ground who can run recon for you.  The Westside is hot, but don't ignore the east side too. :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Brian Garlington let us connect. I am planning to invest in Cleveland.

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @bikash chhetri   

    Have you been pre-approved with a lender yet? Any agent or PM out there will want to now that first...otherwise you won't be taken seriously. I found that out the hard way. Also, if you tell them, Oh I will pay cash so I don't need a lender....then it is best to have verifiable proof of funds. Lot's of "tire kickers" reach out about wanting to buy in Cleveland.........less than 5% actually do. 

  • Elk Grove, CA · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Brian Garlington I would like to connect with you too if possible. I'm from California and looking to invest in Cleveland as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 280 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet @Jeremey McClain @Bikash Chhetri @Han T.  You guys are going to LOVE investing in Cleveland! @Michael Ohara is absolutely correct. My husband and I are investors and agents in Cleveland. But PLEASE do not go online and buy a random property in a neighborhood you know nothing about. Cleveland is a city of neighborhoods and you do need to have an understanding of what is happening where so you can make good decisions. Happy to connect and talk further if anyone is interested or needs help. 

    @Brian Garlington would like to connect and learn about your Cleveland projects as well. I have family in the Bay area too.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Thank you so much! Thanks to the advice on BiggerPockets I’ve got wheels in motion and two deals under contract🙏🏽🙏🏽 Hope the closes go smooth I’m so appreciative of this forum and all the helpful generous people on here! @Brandon Turner thank you for creating this space !!!!!! I feel my life changed so much in the month and a half I’ve become a member! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 280 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    @Tadela Tedemet congratulations! Where/what did you end up buying?

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando FL /Cleveland OH/Detroit MI · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tadela Tedemet:

    Thank you guys! Haven’t looked into Columbus at all, this is my first investment property and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t super nervous

     I was the same way! you'll be fine just make sure the numbers make sense.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Let’s connect!

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 401 posts · 86 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tadela Tedemet:

    Thank you so much! Thanks to the advice on BiggerPockets I’ve got wheels in motion and two deals under contract🙏🏽🙏🏽 Hope the closes go smooth I’m so appreciative of this forum and all the helpful generous people on here! @Brandon Turner thank you for creating this space !!!!!! I feel my life changed so much in the month and a half I’ve become a member! 

    What kind of deal did you make?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.