https://www.amplifymybusiness.... - Matt McLelland runs this group. They have a leadgen program along with a mastermind group and mentorship.
I scheduled an appointment with them for tomorrow and thought I better check here first- Glad I did, thanks Bigger Pocket Members!
I normally do not write reviews about companies that I've done business with, however, I recently had such a bad experience with Amplify My Business, that I saw it necessary for others to be warned. I will be brief. For starters, the "actual" lead cost was double the lead costs that they tout on their website. Also, the lead volume was extremely low. This would normally be ok, IF I was running the facebook campaign on my own, but having spend over $3,000 for Amplify to manage the facebook campaign, there should have been many more leads that I was getting on a monthly basis (half of what they promised) and should have been getting leads for half of what I was paying.
So, I asked them to cancel my account with them and with facebook. I was given the run around for over 3 weeks while they continued to run facebook ads with my credit card and they charged me for another month of management fees. Finally when they agreed to cancel the account, they told me they'd only refund me a portion of that last month of management fees even though I asked them to cancel way before it was to be charged for the following months management.
I highly recommend that you NOT use Amplify My Business if you're looking for a Facebook ad management company. Using them has been a painstaking and expensive endeavor, with ZERO ROI due to extremely low lead volume and high lead costs (for leads of low quality).
@James Vasquez please post this on google and bbb! I just posted a similar experience today. Crooks.
If I were to use one word to describe Amplify My Business it would be incompetence. I was excited and intrigued by the stats they threw out. The salesman, David, told me it was a $500 administrative fee, along with a $500 marketing budget. Based on this, and according to David, I should expect so see around 14 leads per month. I was excited!
So I signed up. I paid the $1500 sign up fee. My first obstacle was when I was filling out my info for running the ads. The lowest amount they had listed was $1000 for a marketing budget, which would put me at $1500/month instead of $1000. That was the first bait and switch. They told me if I did $1000 in marketing budget I should expect between 20 and 30 leads. I was going to pay another company $10,000/ month to do the same thing for me, so money wasn’t the issue, it was the deception.
The second problem arose when I was interested in adding another market. David told me that it was a flat $500 administrative fee, not an additional $250 per location. Again, $250 isn’t the issue, it’s the deception and incompetence.
During my second month with AMB, instead of a $500 administrative fee, they charged me $800. I tried for almost a week to get ahold of them. No answer! This was a reoccurring theme with AMB! They did finally refund me the $300.
After I decided I wanted to cancel, I called the number listed as my “account manager”. This was on a Thursday afternoon. The number went straight to a third party call center. The lady at the call center tried calling EVERY number listed for her to call. There wasn’t a single one that answered. I didn’t hear back from my “account manager” until Monday at 5pm.
After I cancelled, I asked 3 times for an accounting breakdown. I didn’t get a response until I told them that if I didn’t get an accounting breakdown that I was going to ask for my money back, and take further steps. I never asked for all of my money back. I just wanted transparency, honesty, and integrity. None of these attributes are what I look for in a company to do business with.
After 2 months of being with AMB, and countless problems, I have spend $1,421.64 just in marketing. I have only received 12 leads. Out of those 12 leads, only one was any good. DO NOT sign up with these con artists. Absolute incompetence and inability to perform the tasks that they are claiming to do.
But I guess to answer your question more specifically, I am pretty familiar with Amplify My Business lol.
https://www.amplifymybusiness.... - Matt McLelland runs this group. They have a leadgen program along with a mastermind group and mentorship.
FYI, our focus is really on the lead generation and done-for-you follow-up at the moment. We're still expanding the mastermind group. If you're mostly looking for mentorship and training, that's not our primary focus.
Hey guys, I'm the founder of Amplify My Business. Not sure how to address any of these concerns cuz we're apparently not allowed to reference our own company without being blocked by a moderator.I wrote a really detailed response but it got flagged as spam lol.
@Matt Mclelland
Matt, I am having the exact same disappointing experience as these other guys. But I am going to DM you and will publish the results of that as well.
Randy
Matt, as disappointed past customers, we are not looking for a response from the owner. We are simply WARNING others not to deal with AmplifyMyBusiness. We don’t want others to loose money like we did... in addition to the stress caused by feeling scammed.
Wow, I was about to see what the buzz was about haha never mind!
@Dawson Criddle what was your total marketing fees plus fees to Amplify? Also what did you make on your deal? I would be upset also if they estimated much more leads and it did not come through but if you spent around 3k for 2 months and got 10k assignment fee it seems like a good return to me.
@Sam P. Not sure where you got the $10k but I didn’t get a single deal from Amplify. They were all trashy leads.
In my first month with Amplify My Business. Not ONE SINGLE LEAD, as of yet. Lots of excuses, most recently, they said their radiuses were off and that is why no leads have come in. I feel like I am being fully scammed. They said 50 leads a month, then 25- now 15/month. ZERO have come I thus far. Extremely disappointed in this company. Hopefully I can get my money back.
Just got off a call with Richard and had a nice conversation with amplify, but after reading everyone's experiences im having doubts of even entertaining them as an option. Good to hear others reviews.
I am glad I read this thread. I was about to drop $2,500 down $900 a month plus $30 per day (adjustable). They have a great pitch and promise they will give you 50 leads a month... Just seems too good too be true. Its been a month and they keep blowing my phone up thinking they're going to scam me. They will not be getting my $
I think you young pups should have stayed with Amplify my business longer, when you say "I didn't get a single lead" and you cancelled your account then you are a fool, they will spend their own money to get you at least 50 leads in 90 days or your money back, you could have stuck with it for a little longer and not lost money. I also see that you say the leads aren't motivated, I have some news for you, SELLER LEADS LIE, they are embarrassed about their situation, and when you ask them how much they want for their house they will say retail because who wouldn't want retail? Try asking them how much they need to relocate instead, and try being a friend before talking about price. You guys are really making some rookie mistakes, because of that I can only assume your reasoning for writing negativity is flawed. If I would have listened to you I would have missed out big time. Not that any of you came here for a lecture, but I use Amplify and I love them to death, things haven't been perfect but I have stuck with them and they always make it right in the end.
@DawsonCriddle
I can confidently say Amplify My Business has been everything but “incompetent”, and there was never a “bait and switch” with pricing. It’s in their pricing when you have your first sales call with them and it’s detailed in every investor’s onboarding documents when you first sign up. What you said about the marketing budget is true. For them to give any investor in any territory 20-30 leads each month, that’s a budget of roughly $1,000. Anything below $900 or $1,000 won’t produce nearly as many leads.
If you’re paying any company $10,000/month for 20 or 30 leads, you’re being taken advantage of, and that’s why I’ve stayed with Amplify for so long. They provide a better value per lead, plus have a custom CRM where everything is tracked, and my account manager reaches out to me in case I need help with anything. It sounds like you either didn’t understand what you were signing up for or had a miscommunication regarding different prices for additional markets (and other things). I’ve had nothing but complete competence and personal success with Amplify and am moving from their mid-tier Dominator Program to their top-tier Elite program. That’s how confident I am with their services, leads, and overall value.
It’s hard to believe you spent a week calling them with “no answer”. I’ve never had that issue, not even once. If you were overcharged, you should have contacted your account manager directly. Every account manager is actively engaging in their investor’s success on a weekly basis. I don’t know what the issue was when you were calling in, but I’ve never had issues like that. I like that you listed “transparency, honesty, and integrity”, because that’s all I’ve received from them from the start.
Between what your initial marketing budget was, and the fact that a low marketing budget will lead to low lead volume, it sounds like you weren’t a good fit for their services. Hoping things work out for you with another company in the future but I’m staying with them.
@DawsonCriddle and @JamesVasquez
There aren't prices listed on their website. They have three different pricing tiers they offer, depending on how new or seasoned you are in REI, and what your budget allows for lead generation services. On every sales call and in their onboarding documents, their lead volume is clearly stated as a minimum of 50 leads in 90 days. In their sales call, the same sales call I had, the sales rep confirmed that 20-25 leads a month is their national average per investor in each territory. I don't know what you were expecting as far as the lead volume when it's all laid out in their onboarding documents, plus everything the sales reps go over in their first sales call. Sorry to hear you dealt with issues for three weeks. My account manager gets back to me usually within the same day. As far as canceling, that's rough to hear, considering how well they've worked out for me.
@IsaiahSimmons and @JamesVasquez
It often takes up to six tries to receive a reply from a seller. Being consistent is a huge part of my own success. Sending one text, leaving one voicemail, or sending one email is the starting point for more calls to come. Maybe there was some confusion when you initially signed up and read their terms and conditions. I had to go over it a couple of times with my sales rep because I don’t sign anything without reading it all the way through and asking questions along the way.
The only way for Amplify My Business to verify that any of their clients have contacted their leads is to call through the CRM that I pay for. Plus, the CRM records every attempted call, every incoming and outgoing call, emails, text, and really so much more than just a use of tracking phone calls. The CRM verifies that you called your leads and it helps you track everything in one place. I don’t think it was an excuse on AMB’s part, it’s more a matter of how they verify that you honestly called the leads (and more than once or twice).
That’s true about what you said with the leads because all the leads go directly to us (the investors). No other investors in the territory you choose and work in will get your leads. That’s part of the reason I signed up with them and have had so much success with them. Their leads are exclusive to me and the CRM handles all the heavy lifting. Automation all the way.
.... paid for by Amplify My Business . Lol
.... paid for by Amplify My Business . Lol
Right?? This happens a lot here, fake spam accounts with no profile picture and spending WAYY too much energy defending or promoting some sketchy business but not interacting with the forum otherwise at all.... even going so far as to outline in detail how the system operates.. like a totally normal person would, of course.
Phoney baloney.
.... paid for by Amplify My Business . Lol
Right?? This happens a lot here, fake spam accounts with no profile picture and spending WAYY too much energy defending or promoting some sketchy business but not interacting with the forum otherwise at all.... even going so far as to outline in detail how the system operates.. like a totally normal person would, of course.
Phoney baloney.
Great point raised here. Whether you are seeing positive or negative feedback about a company or service, check out the profile of the person posting to vet out credibility. We do see people come on BP and write multiple posts defending a business. Often those account are opened recently and the only posts on BP are defending a business. That does appear suspect. I would also caution that negative reviews can also be planted by competition. In other cases negative reviews can be the result of unrealistic expectations. My AirBNB generally has had perfect reviews, but one person companied the couch wasn't comfortable. I asked her about it and she said that she spent over 10 hours sitting on the couch watching streaming services. Although I agree the couch would not be comfortable for 10 hours, I would also counter that is an unreasonable expectation. My point is ten people can have the same experience, nine may say it is awesome and one may complain.
Be aware moderators discuss companies that intentionally try to plant feedback and if we detect fake accounts, they can be shut down. It makes it harder for a persons business to look favorable, when you plant reviews.
In this case, the owner of the company is on record in the thread, so that is a good option to reach out and chat with them. If you are unhappy, let the owner know and see what steps they take to remedy. If they offer a solution, make sure you include that. Every business has problems, but how they respond is what differentiates the good from the great.
I was just quoted a $2,500 sign up fee, plus at least $1,200 a month in advertising. Why are they asking people for different sign-up fees? Is this about whatever they can get from us???
I am surprised to see some of the negative reviews on here because all I can say is that my experience has been nothing but positive.
I tried 3 other companies before going with Amplify and I was blown away at how amazing it is!! The very first lead that came in with Amplify, which was only 3 days after signing up, I was able to get under contract in 2 days and closed on it 2 weeks later. From this first lead I will make $28,000. It is a rehab and flip and we are selling it next week. This lead essentially has already paid for the marketing on the other 3 deals that I currently have because of Amplify. (Like Compound Interest)
The other company I worked with before Amplify took over a month and a half just to get the FaceBook page up and ready to go and my credit card linked to pay for the FaceBook ads. I tried to do it myself and paid $500 for a "do it yourself" course and it was so incredibly complicated that I called the company back and asked if I could pay them to do the ads for me. They said yes, but it will be $2,000 to set it all up and then $1,000/month and I still paid for the Facebook ads which were probably another $1,500/month. I was paying $30/day for the ads which at the time was averaged out to be about $30/lead. Every company I checked with for FaceBook ads charged this same amount if not more. I did this for 3 months and got 50 leads but couldn't get most of them back on the phone. I also would be out driving and a lead would come in so I was writing their information down on a napkin in the car or on my hand and had papers everywhere trying to keep up with the information. I only closed one deal with this FaceBook marketing group and it was because I made a really creative option and was able to wholesale a short sale.
Going back to Amplify and closing my first lead...I wondered if this was just a "Fluke" or if it was "too good to be true" but I have been working with Amplify for 4 months now. I ask the sellers where they submitted their info and they confirm the ads that Amplify is doing. I can confidently say that I have gotten really good leads and to top it off we are in a hot market which makes it even harder to get really good seller leads. I am in Houston, Texas and have since added on other cities like St. George, Utah. I can tell that there aren't as many leads coming from St. George as the city is smaller and mostly people building brand new homes to live in and it took me 2.5 months but I'm about to close a good rehab and flip there. Each city is going to have different results but this system does work. Follow up and timing is also key with sellers and Amplify automates this process to create an immediate call back and if I can't be on the call then the CRM will leave a message for me.
Most investors pay at least $5,000/month in Marketing on the low side to get really good seller leads and the cost is more expensive than that in a sellers market which we are in right now. It will take at least 100 leads on average to close 1 deal. Any investor who has done marketing knows that there are going to be those leads that want too much for their home or are not going to pick up the phone after they submit their information. That is just part of the game...if it were easy then everyone would do it.
I have been investing in Real Estate for 9 yrs and I am used to working really hard for my leads by knocking on doors, cold calling, tracking down vacant home owners, stopping foreclosures, etc. Google ads are expensive and take a long time to build up to be the top searched. So this was a whole different world to have these people calling me to sell their homes. I knew that FaceBook was the new way of the future and you have to keep up with changes in the industry or else you aren't going to be successful.
Since signing up with Amplify and using their CRM lead system and software to help me keep it all organized I feel like I could invest anywhere in the US as long as I have some good boots on the ground. With Amplify I'm truly adding systems into my business to make my life easier and more efficient and this saves me time and essentially equals $$.