What are your goals for 2021?

What are your goals for 2021?

Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 36 votes

What do you want to achieve in 2021 and how will you go about doing it?

10Reply
595 views

Most Popular Reply

John MorganPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

@Kirbi Campbell

To convince my wife to let me buy one more SFR. We have 10 and she says I don't need to get anymore. I feel like a kid begging his parents for a new toy. Lol

See this reply in the discussion

207 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 36 votes
    5y

    @Denis Kalic Couldn’t agree more!

  • Ryan RohlfPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    My real estate goals for 2021 is to sell $12.5 million in volume. So far, I’m about 10% to goal with pending properties. I’m also hoping to purchase my first investment property this year. As long as I’m able to keep to goal I should be able to accomplish this.

  • Realtor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    I would like to absorb as much knowledge as I possible can from reading virtual learning events other people. I would also like to know new ways to scale my real estate investing business.

    @RealtorBrianaB

  • Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    Goals for 2021:

    * increase my cashflow $1700/month gross through new rental hold properties and possibly carrying notes (stretch goal: $2000) - if I meet this goal, I likely can retire at end of 2024.

    * buy 3-4 more rental properties and possibly sell 1 and carry the note to meet the above goal

    * Lease-option the property we're fixing in Tucson AZ once it's done being renovated around Feb, as our first lease-option; trying to get the paperwork together now.

    * Try to wholesale the property my friend is getting rid of in Gainesville FL (I am not good at wholesaling)

    * Pay down bad debt by $10K this year (old credit card debt)

    * Fractionally roll over 25% of my SDIRA and my wife's SDIRA from a Traditional IRA into a Roth IRA (because income taxes will be going up soon!)

    * Save 30K cash from incomes for investing by end of year

    * Finish personal and business tax returns by end of Feb 2021 (the way we did last year - remember the pain of 2018!)

    * A one-week vacation around July, and 2 or 3 weekend-getaways throughout the year to decompress

    * Keep family healthy throughout the year, however we can, with safe social practices

    * Stretch goal: buy our first no-cash-whatsoever property (OPM)

    * Stretch goal: Buy as many good foreclosure deals as possible with other investors, if that's a thing in 2021

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2020 · 244 posts · 275 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bradley Chapple:

    @Ryan Copeland

    I have the same goal: 2 out-of-state properties in 2021.

    I am also in the camp of under-promising and over-delivering, even if it’s to myself. It greatly helps with momentum, and I’m too hard on myself when I don’t meet a goal, so I’m way happier when I blow my goal out of the water than when I fall short.

    What is your motivation to invest out of state?  What state are you looking at?  I looked at your profile and we have the same goals of $10,000 in cash flow per month.

  • New to Real Estate · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell to buy and sell my first wholesale by June. Then again within the next six months and buy a rental property with those profits

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell good luck to you! Keep up with this post and check in every once in awhile. We gotta stay accountable!

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 55 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Copeland

    Nothing against where I hang my hat, because Northern Colorado is amazing. But my motivation for investing OOS is affordability. Around here, $250k might buy a 2 BR fixer-upper meth/hoarder house. I’d rather go east, where my limited capital can provide more leverage. 😉

  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 716 posts · 555 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell I am still working on mine but I want to add at least 12 rentals to my portfolio.

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    While I wait for the housing market to crash, I'll be saving up capital and working on burning through my remaining debt. I only have a 42k federal student consolidation loan left. Depending on how 2021 goes with the new presidency... It could become my most profitable year yet. After the crash I hope to purchase my very first rental property with funds I saved up in 2021. 2021 is all about strengthening my position and getting ready for the right opportunity.

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, CA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    Greetings,

    My goals for 2021 is to file my LLC paperwork and purchase my first rental property in the California Bay Area. Compared to all the other post I've read on this thread I'm definitely in the humble beginnings stage.

    Respectfully,

    Jamar

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell my goals are to furnish & list my first STR in Salt Lake City, as well as close on my first wholesaling deal 🏡

  • DuWayne GregoryPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Newbie investor here looking to get my first deal or more done in '21 and on my way to establishing my portfoolio of real estate.

  • Montreal, QC · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    My goal is to make my first investment, buying a multifamily building.

    Until then I'm learning as much as I can about property investment and macro economics.

    Anything else I should study to help me get better prepared, please let me know.

  • Duluth, MN · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    -Buy and house hack a duplex.

    -Purchase one SFH rental by the end of the year.

    -Grow my network and net worth!!!

  • Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    Start building! I'm planning on building 3 duplexes this summer on a property I own. Unless the market takes a nose dive then ill just redirect that money into multi-families and save building for another time.

  • Ginger BrownPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fairbanks, AK · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    I want to get my Airbnb up and running that is my existing home "house hack" it is currently being remodeled by my husband and I. I want to acquire another rental property by the end of the year. I currently am planning to combine savings with money from a HELOC to purchase it unless my husband gets relocated for work and then we will rent the place we are in now and buy another to rent. My leases for my duplex are up this year and I want to improve my rental agreements and streamline a few things as I manage it myself from a distance. What are your goals?

  • Real Estate Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 248 posts · 240 votes
    5y

    To help several more investors get started in the Dallas market, and to buy 2 more single-family investments myself!

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 49 votes
    5y

    1) To significantly grow my investing knowledge & network through active investing.

    -Complete minimum 3 flip properties

    -Purchase minimum 1 small multi-family

    2) Complete 36 real estate deals (outside of investments).

    3) Give back more than I take.

    -Help other connect others

    -Teach / guide other hard working individuals in real estate investing or however else I can. 

  • Paso Robles, CA · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Close my 1st REI deal. Lord, just let me find and close the 1st one!

    Wash, rinse, repeat.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2019 · 79 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    Purchase my next investment property by March 2021 and reach ownership in at least 4 properties (hopefully a combo of SFR and small MF) by the end of 2021.

  • Member since 2019 · 63 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    @Peter Schafer sounds like an excellent plan to me!

  • Member since 2019 · 63 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    @Wale Lawal right on with number 4 my friend. Best of luck in the new year.

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    We purchased 5 SFR and a duplex in 2020. In 2021 we need to stabilize those properties. Also, all of our other properties have maintenance that needs to be done so we'll be very busy bees flitting from flower to flower. We also have a vacant property that needs a rehab before it gets rented so that needs to be done. We will likely buy one additional house in 2021.

  • Realtor · southern Idaho · Member since 2020 · 81 posts · 50 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell Master the foreclosure purchase, fix, and flip. I'm running the numbers, reading the books, looking at the properties, getting my flip team ready, going to foreclosure auction to get experience, researching the property on MLS & county property sites, researching title, looking at public docs, asking locals about the property etc..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.