Why are there so many posters using AI to respond?

Why are there so many posters using AI to respond?

Erik EstradaBusiness Member
Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I think this defeats the purpose of using REAL LIFE experience and recommendations, as this forum was intended for. I have been seeing a lot of AI generated replies and a lot of it is garbage LOL. 

It has to stop! 

LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
8Reply
150 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
10mo

We can go to AI if we want an AI response.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10mo

    @Erik Estrada

    I totally agree. I see people just copy and paste and at the end of the copy AI is asking do you want to look further. Don’t even have the decency to remove the AI language.

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

      @Erik Estrada

      I totally agree. I see people just copy and paste and at the end of the copy AI is asking do you want to look further. Don’t even have the decency to remove the AI language.


      this has been going on way before AI many that used to post alot just to juice up their numbers and google ranking.. cut and paste the same reply time and again.. We see a little of it now but one member that does this is giving a good guideline that helps investors so to me I think its OK to do that.. But the Ai stuff I cant really tell most of the time that its AI since I have never used it or now how to use it.. but the perfect english and puncuaiton etc does give it away somewhat I guess.. 
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10mo

    We can go to AI if we want an AI response.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:

    I think this defeats the purpose of using REAL LIFE experience and recommendations, as this forum was intended for. I have been seeing a lot of AI generated replies and a lot of it is garbage LOL. 

    It has to stop! 


     It is complete garbage. it is one thing to use AI to clean up some verbiage but posts by someone with no experience explaining mezzanine debt vs pref equity I just sit there and shake my head. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 461 posts · 295 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:

    I think this defeats the purpose of using REAL LIFE experience and recommendations, as this forum was intended for. I have been seeing a lot of AI generated replies and a lot of it is garbage LOL. 

    It has to stop! 


    Thanks for the callout. When you see it, report it and the mods will remove it. Don't interact with it/quote it/etc.

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10mo

    I hate that some people don't even try editing so it doesn't have the weird fonts and bold headlines. So lazy

  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:

    I think this defeats the purpose of using REAL LIFE experience and recommendations, as this forum was intended for. I have been seeing a lot of AI generated replies and a lot of it is garbage LOL. 

    It has to stop! 

    When you see it help us by reporting it so we can remove! 

    I couldn't agree with @Mike Dymski more, if you want an AI response, you'd ask AI. People come here because they're looking for the opinions of real people. Real people have faults, and biases of course, but also have lived experience and that's an invaluable part of the community!

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10mo

    It needs to stop. BP forum is heading downhill fast. 

  • Tyler FoshePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles Area · Member since 2021 · 58 posts · 23 votes
    7mo

    This seems to be a growing problem across many platforms these days. I just saw a video from a well known recruiter complaining about this on LinkedIn. Unfortunately it will only get harder to tell the AI content from the human content. Some of the AI agents can even write using your own writing style and voice. For good or bad the future is here now and the people who can successfully harness AI will outperform others.

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7mo

    @Chris Seveney You mean to tell us a guy from Argos, IN with an incomplete profile, and 3 forum posts doesn't know how to structure a waterfall multi-tiered method for distributing investment proceeds to investors and sponsors, ensuring returns are paid in a specific order based on performance hurdles? 

    Or a guy from <insert random town> doesn't know the street-by-street details and lucrative strategies used by investors in Roosevelt, OH?

    That's crazy talk.



    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Jaron Walling:

      @Chris Seveney You mean to tell us a guy from Argos, IN with an incomplete profile, and 3 forum posts doesn't know how to structure a waterfall multi-tiered method for distributing investment proceeds to investors and sponsors, ensuring returns are paid in a specific order based on performance hurdles? 

      Or a guy from <insert random town> doesn't know the street-by-street details and lucrative strategies used by investors in Roosevelt, OH?

      That's crazy talk.




       It is crazy talk and while I like to live on the wild side (I will attempt to chew gum and walk at the same time and peel that sticker off my mattress), believing someone who posts in the forums in three different header fonts with emojis and 46 emdashes, I am going to go out on a limb and say that person did not type all of that.... 

      7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.