Recommendations on your dashboard

13 Replies

Each of the dashboard boxes should produce an action when you click on them - for example, if you want to "read the UBG" it should direct you to www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

That said, we just launched this today, if you see any bugs, please take screenshots and let me know!

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

What does this mean... when you have recommendations on your dash board when you click on them nothing happens. ?

@Scott Trench

I was wondering the same thing; I had 9 recommendations that seemed to just fizzle out when I clicked.

@Scott Trench

OK whats UBG stand for and how come when I open my dashboard there are 8 recommendations when I click on that it just throws me to an info page... I don't think its working.. and I don't know how to do a screen shot.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

same for me.  9 recommendations and then I click on it and it just takes me to my user page.  It got me all excited that people that I was some sort RE genius :)

@Scott Trench

what browser and OS ?  I would not know that if it was staring me in the face.. LOL.

one day maybe it will work... I was more curious if anything if you guys have a new function.. like votes or something .. is that what the recommendations are .. like maybe on a post you recommend it to others for reading something like that.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

google chrome running windows 7 btw...

Dolphin browser on android (Sharp Aquos Crystal) doesn't work either.

I tried changing my user "address" and was just giving me an error saying that I was unable to change it.... 

Medium head icon colorRyan Dossey, Call Porter | http://Callporter.com

@Jay Hinrichs @Richard Dunlop @Jim Brown

This new feature will give you "recommendations" about site features or articles to read.  It is based on your site activity and usage.  So when you initially clicked on it it would have asked you to update your real estate experience and then there would be suggestions like read the ultimate beginners guide, or analyze a deal, ect. As it gets to know you the recommendations will be tailored to you.

It is different than the "reference" we can give each other on the profiles.  I too thought a bunch of people had decided to write me a recommendation!

Medium second city real estate logo   white close upBrie Schmidt, Second City Real Estate | [email protected] | http://www.SecondCity-RE.com | IL Agent # 471.018287, WI Agent # 57846-90 | Podcast Guest on Show #132

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you