Attack of the Josh-Bot

7 Replies

After a year with no profile photo, I finally added one.  Within hours the Josh-Bot had taken it down because I was showing my company logo.  

I thought the photo was appropriate for this group because it shows a 'For Sale' sign for a lot that, at high tide, is completely under water.

Great photo, but I do believe that posting your company image as your profile image is frowned upon. Although, you might be allowed to put in in your signature line..

I'd double check though.. 

The point is ... that is not my company's sign.   It is something I found while on holiday in Ambergris Caye, Belize.

Jim - Our moderation team is pretty strict about profile photos that include ANY form of advertising.  We have to be consistent across the board and given the hundreds of new profile photos uploaded daily, the team simply can't make exceptions.  

They have no way to dig in to see if a pic is of your sign or of someone else's.

I hope you understand.

Enjoy the weekend (and cool pic).

Medium fbprofileJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets | http://www.biggerpockets.com | Podcast Guest on Show #100

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you