Take an Investor Survey

Most Popular Reply

Julie MarquezPro Member
Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
10y

@Dave Meyer That's a pretty vague survey. And I don't know the answer to this: I bought a rental house for $182,500 and today it's worth $225,000. But because my goal is a quick loan paydown, it cash flows zero. How much money have I made on that house?

Also, since joining Bigger Pockets, I haven't had a deal or made any money from real estate. In fact, I have spent money for BP books and a pro membership, so I would say I'm in the red, but I can't have a negative number in your survey.

I love Bigger Pockets and recommend you guys with a score of 10+, but the money questions are hard to answer.

See this reply in the discussion

45 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Done! BP is always HIGHLY recommended!

  • Stafford, TX · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Julie Marquez I actually laughed when i read your reply because i was thinking the same thing "I havent made a dollar from real estate, I've only spent money".

    Now I am brand new, havent done a single deal, But I do enjoy BP and listen to the podcast all the time and I think I'm getting a free education that could net me the lifestyle I want for myself and my family.

    Congrats and good luck on getting your rental paid down fast.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    I took the survey, but it took awhile to figure out it only took numbers, not any words.  @Bill Gulley, just drop by and I will buy you lunch, but in fairness I will probably pick your brain.

  • Investor · Stone Mountain, GA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I'm just getting start on BP and in real estate investing. This i my first week. I love this site. I listed to about 2 to 3 podcasts per day and am trying to get through all of the 191 of them. I'm on 6 or 7.  I have a long way to go. I also look forward to the free courses. Right now, I'm setting up the structure for my investing business so that when I actually get started, I can implement it with hopefully minimal issues.  In doing so, this site has been wonderful.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jerry W.:

    I took the survey, but it took awhile to figure out it only took numbers, not any words.  @Bill Gulley, just drop by and I will buy you lunch, but in fairness I will probably pick your brain.

     I might rather go hunting up there! LOL drop me a PM.   The numbers are easier for the "one and zero" "X & O"  computer types for analysis.   :)

  • Investor · Mount Laurel, NJ · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Survey isn't great . . . I just joined today so I haven't saved a dime by being a member here (but, the answers to my first question may save me some money!) 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 22 votes
    10y
    Done!
  • Investor · Benton Harbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 140 votes
    10y

    Done! @Bill Gulley, did I mention I'm raising capital for my next project :)

  • Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I think bigger pockets is a great resource, I am an active reia member, I talk to friends family and network about real estate.  I give finder fees for deals. Some of those questions were arbitrary, I have both cash flow and have equity,  are you looking for net worth. I wrote a lot and it wouldn't let me submit it.   Point is biggerpockets is one of many resources that well rounds me and I appreciate it .

  • Newark, NJ · Member since 2015 · 162 posts · 102 votes
    10y
    I'm sorry to say this, but this is a pretty poorly constructed survey. I think the most useful information you'll get will be the number of visitors. If you want to do this again, don't be shy to reach out for help and/or feedback. I'm sure that among so many members, there will be at least a few others who do or teach this kind of tool for a living.
  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Done!!! I'll use a similar survey for an upcoming REI Meet UP. Great idea guys!

  • Real Estate Agent · Massapequa, NY · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Done! I used the money I spent on my real estate education for my investment, as that's as far as I've come so far! :)

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    If I followed the standard advice offered on BP, it would have lost me money when factoring in my opportunity cost and maybe even in absolute terms. I have however made a boatload of money over the last 15 years that the BP calculators would have predicted I would lose money on, seriously :) ... it has been fun and educational though to debate and consider different points of view on the forums, and think I have helped those that will listen with open ears and mind, so not a total waste. Didn't bother with the survey after the rave reviews from others ...

  • Investor · High Point, NC · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    done...

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    I've been investing for quite a few years, so I really can't separate any money that I may have made as a result of BP. So, I can't finish the survey.

  • Investor · Jenkintown, PA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Great Survey... Maybe be clearer with the income question. Is that per year or over the course of your career?

  • Rental Property Investor · Ramapo, NY · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 108 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Bill Gulley:

    Josh has enough money to get a real survey drafted, start over. Me, I'm still in the red from buying lunches for those wanting to pick my brain! I've never had any BP deal, probably won't either, but you never know! :) 

     Wait... shouldn't they be buying you lunches?!

  • Strongsville, OH · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    While I haven't done my first deal yet, I would say that the value I have gained from bigger pockets cannot be measured in dollars. The wealth of information for new investors is insurmountable. Thank you @Bigger Pockets for all you have done!
  • Marco KittrellPro Member
    Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I am brand new to BP so of course I haven't done any deals as a result from the site, but the knowledge alone from all the different sources are well worth it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.