How do you describe BiggerPockets to non-members?

How do you describe BiggerPockets to non-members?

Lauren HoganPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 160 votes

Can you help BiggerPockets out? We've put together a survey with the intent to understand how current BiggerPockets members talk and use BP. The survey will take no more than 5 minutes to complete, and your help is appreciated!

You can take the survey here and provide any feedback below.  

Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7W62VQV

Thank you to everyone who completed the survey, we have more than enough responses at this time! 

4Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
9y

The Facebook of Real Estate, an educational/ networking platform.  

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    So - @Darren Sager - how do you describe BiggerPockets?! 

    I describe BP this way - it's the place where my girlfriend (@Brandon Turner) and I hang out.

    You're up, Darren :)

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    How would I describe BiggerPockets to a non member?  I would say it's the ultimate place where those interested in real estate investing can learn and network with other real estate investors online 24 hours a day.  There's a wealth of information, however just like gold mining you have to go through a lot of dirt to find the treasure inside of it.  Some of it's treasures are not just information, but the friendships & incredible relationships that have become an integral part of my life because of it.  For that reason I think it's priceless.  

    How's that @Ben Leybovich?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Darren Sager:

    How would I describe BiggerPockets to a non member?  I would say it's the ultimate place where those interested in real estate investing can learn and network with other real estate investors online 24 hours a day.  There's a wealth of information, however just like gold mining you have to go through a lot of dirt to find the treasure inside of it.  Some of it's treasures are not just information, but the friendships & incredible relationships that have become an integral part of my life because of it.  For that reason I think it's priceless.  

    How's that @Ben Leybovich?

     Well, I don't know about that. It's poetic, and all. And it's true! We've made friendships for a lifetime on BP and through BP. 

    But, is that the best way to sell BP to a newbie. It's a lofty, but is this what they are looking for - friendships? After all, what they want more than oxygen is to solve a financial problem with real estate...

  • Rental Property Investor · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2013 · 368 posts · 191 votes
    9y

    Biggerpockets, is a place where you can start your journey towards financial freedom. If you are a novice or an experienced real estate investor there is something for everyone. The community is very knowledgeable and forthcoming with their information.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 45 votes
    9y
    Done, hello everyone!
  • Investor / Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 949 votes
    9y

    BP is a community for real estate investing "do-ers". It also serves as an inspiration for potential "do-ers" who can learn everything they need to reduce risk before taking the big plunge. A community of generous and awesome people!

  • Investor · Calhoun, GA · Member since 2015 · 114 posts · 117 votes
    9y

    I call it Facebook for real estate investors. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2016 · 236 posts · 126 votes
    9y

    My exact words a few days ago:

    "A huge real-estate investing forum. Lots of great resources. Look at what people are talking about on it and start googling. Stay away from seminar people."

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    New to BP , I am looking for a place to do whole selling. And creative finance. Because I am buying and holding. Not much cash in hand to buy it. But I love real estate so much . It hurts when I see deals and have to let it go ...
  • North Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    done! And i tell them its a forum where you can network and educate on real estate and learn different ways to wealth. 

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 389 posts · 193 votes
    9y
    The holy grail of real estate investing. Lol.
  • Wholesaler · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    I just tell me everyone I meet that biggerpockets is bascially facebook for real estate investors. @Joshua Martin

  • CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    lots of newbie, lots of dreams....

  • Rental Property Investor · Catonsville MD · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    Done! Education and encouragement is what I get out of Bigger Pockets! Did our first deal last month! 

  • Investor · Helena, AL · Member since 2016 · 133 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Just a bad ***, phenomenal site for teaching and learning.  

  • Investor · Novi, MI · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    I usually say its the Facebook of Real Estate

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    "The place to go for anything and everything real estate investing related." Just fyi, I believe there is a typo on question 6 of the survey: "interactive" should be "interact."
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Done! "I can't stop listening to BP podcast! You have to check it out!"

  • Investor · Blue Springs, MO · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Survey Completed!!

    @Lauren Hogan In my initial conversations with people who are not familiar with real estate investing, I use the FaceBook comparison to BP. For those who are interested in Real Estate and looking to build their business, I share with them about how BP is such a relevant community for RE investors with such great educational tools, advice, and forums. If that doesn't win them over (which usually does), I share with them about my networking experiences (connections and deals made) and this is the Hook, Line and Sinker!

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I describe it as a place where you can buy illicit drugs, weapons, etc. oh wait that was silkroad. 

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    Greetings everyone. I'm Tish. I'm a newbie to the world of "real estate". Don't mind me...I'm just here to learn. 😉
  • Engineer · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I just tell them about how much they can learn from the podcast.

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
    9y
    "Great website and resource, stupid name"
  • Toronto ON, Canada · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    9y
    My first look in the morning and last look at night :)
  • Real Estate Investor · Spring Valley, CA · Member since 2016 · 288 posts · 98 votes
    9y

    I have described it as a never ending cycle of free information that some try to package together in thousands of dollars training programs and more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.