BP Best Poster Awards - Who Are Your Nominees?

BP Best Poster Awards - Who Are Your Nominees?

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Here are mine:

Most Informative Posts - JScott (Jon Holdman honorable mention)
Best Overall Poster on All Subjects - Vikram
Best Finder of Pertinent Old BP Material - Steve Babiak
Best Money Raising Posts - Don Konipol

Other categories and awards are certainly welcome. Feel free to give back by posting a thank you for anyone you have learned from this year.

2Reply
201 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

Best posters on...

  1. Creative financing
  2. Residential financing
  3. Small commercial financing
  4. Large commercial financing
  5. Flipping
  6. Wholesaling
  7. Buy and hold 1-4 family
  8. Large multifamily
  9. Self storage
  10. Mobile home parks
  11. NNN
  12. Active syndications
  13. Passive syndications
  14. Notes
  15. Turnkey
  16. Development/new construction
  17. Short-term rentals
  18. Crowdfunding
  19. Out of state
  20. Property management
  21. Income taxes
  22. Rehab
  23. Coaching programs
  24. Direct mail
  25. Financial analysis
  26. Foreclosures
  27. Self-directed retirement accounts

I'm sure I missed a few.

Worst posters on...

  1. Mortgage acceleration scams
  2. I have no money
  3. I have bad credit
  4. My way or the highway strategy
  5. Should I set up an LLC (even though I have no property and probably never will)
  6. I have never ever done this but I am going to tell you how you should do it
  7. Trust me, I went to a class on this
  8. PM me...
See this reply in the discussion

74 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Its a toss up for me for the most informative, although those you mention are certainly included in that category.

    Best overall, I do think V is great, but still hard to decide on that.

    Steve, without a doubt deserves that

    Don't know off hand who Don is. I will admit that there are certain members who I will read everything they put out/post. Will Barnard, JScott, Holdman, Bill, Rich, Steve and Tim Weineke(probably spelled his last name wrong) are a few of them off the top of my head. I even miss the controversial but helpful post of the 'ol MikeOH.

    I think this topic will be too opinionated to officially declare a winner but I think we can all admit, there are a select few that certainly deserve credit.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    If you scan through the different topics, there are only a few people who actually post. With a membership of over 60,000 it should have more than 25-50 main characters - yet that is the extent of what I have observed.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Yeah...that is really unfortunate!

    Any comments on your favorite posters?

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Best Financial Information: Bryan Hancock
    Best Flipping: Tie between Will B and J Scott
    Most Diverse: Vikram
    Long Term Holding: Rich Weese
    Best Low End SFR Holding (rents under 750): MikeOH
    Middle End SFR Holding (rents 750-1500): Jon Holderman
    High End Holding (rents over 1500): myself (LOL)

    Several other posters I thoroughly enjoy, so keep posting!

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    15y

    I do not have any specific favorites. I enjoy all who share their experiences for others to learn from.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I almost forgot!

    Best Tax Advice - Charles Perkins

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Best Legal & Tax Info: Clint Coons (Not prolific but very sound advice)

    Best Overall: Vikram certainly has sound advice in many categories but there are a couple of others

    Best archivist & Researcher: Steve Babiak hands down ( Steve can find anything on the site)

    Personally, I'm glad to see input from everyone. Posting in the forums is the best way to get to know one another and truly make use of the best resource BP has to offer.

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    This is a tough one. The one poster whose every post I make it a point to read is Don Konipol. I think it is because he posts on a subject that I find particularly interesting and he also posts somewhat infrequently, making it easier to read all his posts.

    On flipping, J Scott without a doubt. One characteristic of his posts is that it is informative for newbies and experienced investors alike, which is not easy to do.

    On deal analysis, Jon Holdman, although I violate pretty much all his rules in my business.

    On general real estate creative ideas, Rich Weese. I doubt I will ever know as much about RE as he does.

    I used to enjoy reading posts from MikeOH (low-end landlording), Jawsette (on tax liens) and P NW (landlording), but they are now missing from this site. :(

    I also enjoy reading Mike M's posts on government, cops, landlording, etc.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Great thread guys! I'll keep out of this one, but this is a fantastic topic, IMO.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Nick,
    I'm flattered but please don't put my name in with guys like Mike and Rich. I'm only 34 and have only come back full time into this for about 2-3 years now. These guys have been at this much longer and are far above where I'm at. It's flattering and humbling but I haven't earned it yet. Check with me in 20 years. ;-)

    Tim

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Best rehab advice - J Scott
    Best short sale advice - Scott Hubbard
    Deal Analysis - Jon Holdman
    Best straight shooter - Mike M

  • Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
    15y

    Best rehab advice: J Scott
    Best short sale: Bill P
    Deal Analysis: Jon
    Overall Knowledge: Toss up between Vikram and Rich W. FinEx is up there too.

    I try to keep track of posts by Rich W, Vikram, Tim W, and J Scott, but there are so many people who have a wealth of knowledge it's hard to narrow it down. I also feel the loss of MikeOH, he was one of my regular reads.

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I didn't always agree with Mike Oh, but I enjoyed Mike's posts. Mike clearly has many years of experience in landlording in some tough areas as well. Having been a landlor for about 15 years, I can appreciate some of the issues he brought up.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    FYI - For those of you who miss Mike, shoot him a PM. I know that he is busy working on some other (non RE) projects, but maybe if enough of you hit him up, he'll swing by for some of his usual, no-nonsense input.

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I can't rate my knowledge or post quality. But I do know one thing - I am committed to creating more BP millionaires than anyone else. I have already created one, and am in the process of creating a couple more. Hopefully, I will be able to create several more over the next few years and will keep you guys updated through the Make Deals forums.

    I think we are all lucky that Josh took it upon himself to create this wonderful forum that has no agenda other than to help RE investors.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Friendliest and most welcoming: Charles Perkins

    Whose every post I read greedily: J Scott and Will Barnard

    Always insightful: Jon Klaus

    Most willing to help: Jon Holderman and Bill Gulley

    Best wholesaling advice: Ryan Webber

    For knowledge I crave and try so hard to understand:

    Bryan Hancock and Don Konipol

    Most encouraging: Bryan Hancock

    Most likely to run me off: Jeffrey Koenig (he hates wholesalers!):roll:

    Now, for the all time tag team champs, That would have to go to Bryan Hancock, Tom Cullen, and Tim Wienke! Those guys can really get after it!!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    I agree with this, I always make it a point to read his posts. He is also a close 2nd in the "straight shooter" category.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I agree with:

    Best Short Sale Advice - Scott Hubbard

    Nice call guys!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Bump....To honor the new year I wanted to see who people thought were the top posters in 2010.

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    7y

    Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

    Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

    Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

    Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

    Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

    Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

    I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

    I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dan H.:

    Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

    Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

    Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

    Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

    Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

    Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

    I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

    I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

     Now this is an interesting thread. Maybe BP should do a March Madness style tournament for each forum category. That'd be pretty cool to see.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    Best Common Sense Advice: @Ned Carey

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dan H.:

    Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

    Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

    Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

    Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

    Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

    Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

    I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

    I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

     Wow thanks man.  Means a lot (seriously)

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dan H.:

    Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

    Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

    Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

    Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

    Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

    Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

    I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

    I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

     Thanks for the mention. :)

    How did you even find this 8 year old thread? Pretty sure I was at community college being a Model UN nerd when this thread was started.... won "best dressed" representing a middle eastern country, while wearing attire I had picked up while stationed in the middle east, and starting WW3 over a ridiculous and unjust fig tariff (I did not win best diplomat).

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Chris Mason:
    Originally posted by @Dan H.:

    Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

    Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

    Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

    Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

    Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

    Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

    I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

    I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

     Thanks for the mention. :)

    How did you even find this 8 year old thread? Pretty sure I was at community college being a Model UN nerd when this thread was started.... won "best dressed" representing a middle eastern country, while wearing attire I had picked up while stationed in the middle east, and starting WW3 over a ridiculous and unjust fig tariff (I did not win best diplomat).

     I was trying to figure out what some of the BP awards meant and did a search using “award’ as keyword and it popped up this thread.  It was not til I opened it that it was obviously outdated.  Virtually all of the nominees predate my time on BP and I have been on a couple/few years.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.