Are You Following BiggerPockets on Facebook? Here's why you should!

Are You Following BiggerPockets on Facebook? Here's why you should!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

The BiggerPockets Facebook Page as of now only has 1,385 followers. Given our community of 62,000 and the 180,000+ monthly visitors to our site, I think we can do a whole lot better!

We use the BP Facebook account to share our recent top articles, great forum discussions, important real estate news and, of course, important insight on BP. We also use it to communicate with you when there are any problems with the site or if there are any other important announcements.

So, if you're not already . . . please stop by and click the LIKE button!

Here it is: BiggerPockets on Facebook

0
Topic locked
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2011 · 34 posts · 3 votes
15y

Biggerpockets is a better marketing platform than facebook will ever be. Biggerpockets enables brand advertising that facebook "marketers" should aspire to.

Facebook should be giving Biggerpockets their marketing demo information, not the other way round.

Just my .02

1
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I'll follow right now. Hopefully it will pull more site members that actively post.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks Bryan! Keep 'em coming, guys.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Bump

    Where is the support?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    15y

    I'm in. :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Sharad M.Pro Member
    Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Me Super Likey!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Sandy Springs, GA · Member since 2011 · 126 posts · 31 votes
    15y

    Liking

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I have been "liking" it for a long time. Problem is, I don't like facebook itself, it is basically bragging or gossip. :lol:

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks everyone . . . keep 'em coming!

    Mike - I'm not a huge fan either, but it is the place that a vast number of people spend their time online. The more visibility we can get there, the better; more visibility means more visitors, more members, more people to partner with, more great content and so on.

    The best way to get that visibility is for people to "Like" our Facebook page, to share our forums, discussions, articles, blogs, etc., and to promote BiggerPockets there.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    When we tracked stats daily on our old website Facebook was the only site that pulled better than BP. Facebook actually passed Google in popularity last year...crazy...I know.

    I'm not a fan of it either, but that is how BP can pull more folks.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Bryan -
    Facebook is FAR behind other sources for us, but that's the problem. Given that FB is a portal where people tend to hang out, it is also a great place to find new members.

    Last spring it surpassed Google for the first time in terms of traffic, so likewise, we should be focusing more of our efforts on attracting some of the people who spend their time over there.

    But - to do that, we really need the help of our supporters.

    I've got a few ideas that I'm working on that may incentivize those people who require such things, but beyond that, I do hope the folks who are active users here and FB will be sure to connect with us there.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2010 · 122 posts · 32 votes
    15y

    *adrian.goes.to.facebook.&.liked* :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    About 20 minutes ago we had a situation where we had to reboot the BP servers. Our Facebook and Twitter fans all got a message letting them know what was happening . . .

    Another reason to be a fan on these sites....

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I'm in baby

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Maybe you can start some FB threads about real estate Josh. Something like...."What was your first RE deal like?"...or some such. That may be used as bait to pull some folks to BP.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I'm following BP on Facebook. Facebook needs any support it can get :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • SFR Investor · West Jordan, UT · Member since 2011 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    Although I'm not a fan of Facebook, I am a fan of BiggerPockets.com.

    I "liked" it

    Thanks for all the great content and community here...I've learned more than I expected.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    "Liked" with both my personal and business accounts.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks for the continued "Likes" . . .

    That said, we've got more reason why you should "Like" us on Facebook:

    Introducing Exclusive Deals and Offers For Fans Only

    I figured a little monetary incentive might help, so we've begun to assemble some offers that are only available for those people who are our Facebook Fans.

    NEW: Save $5 on Your Next Tenant Screening Through BiggerPockets/Smartmove

    Just make sure you like our fan page and then go to our FB Fans Only Tab. There you'll find our current offer.

    More to come . . .

    0
    Topic locked
  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2010 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    15y

    I'm not a big user of FB, but I understand it's position in the market. "Liked."

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    Done. Lot of stuff on the FB site. Thanks.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I like seeing the new articles on Facebook Josh. This should pull a lot of folks as things are "liked" on there or people make comments about them.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2011 · 34 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    Biggerpockets is a better marketing platform than facebook will ever be. Biggerpockets enables brand advertising that facebook "marketers" should aspire to.

    Facebook should be giving Biggerpockets their marketing demo information, not the other way round.

    Just my .02

    1
    Topic locked
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I'm glad to see BP on Facebook, it's a great way to keep updated! :D

    0
    Topic locked