What are “votes” on this site?

6 Replies

It helps feed the ego of the poster :)

Seriously though its a quick way to help distinguish who is providing value to the community. Does someone have 10,000 posts but only 500 votes? Then that person may post a lot, but is likely not posting good content. Someone else might only have 500 posts but has 500 votes...that person is likely providing really good content and advice.

@Dakota Ochoa , yeah, Russell would love his average to be 5+ votes for every one of posts (like it is so far for his post here), but for the time being, he'll have to settle for the meagre 1.16+ votes per post (and climbing, no doubt!) Jealous much?...

Originally posted by @Dakota Ochoa :
@Russell Brazil

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for explaining that! Thank you to the others that replied as well!

as well as BP likes other members to just welcome new members.. and some folks thats basically all they do.. i call them the Bp Welcome Wagon posters.. so you see huge post counts and very few votes.. those you know are just welcoming people and not really providing feedback or content to those looking for guidance and advice..  

I would like to see a down vote too.. i suspect i would have as many down votes as up votes.. LOL  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you