BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
Would your life be positively impacted by owning over 400 rental units? What if you could get there in under four years? On today’s show, we interview BiggerPockets contributor Sterling White, who has managed to do just that!
Sterling shares how he started his entrepreneurial journey selling Pokemon cards and eventually worked his way up to owning over 150 single family properties (and several multifamilies as well). He also shares how he finds 90-100% of his properties OFF MARKET using a five-step system for finding and closing on them (so simple anyone can do it), as well as the script he uses when speaking directly to sellers. You don’t want to miss his powerful secret for building rapport with potential leads (by sending a specific puzzle to them in the mail) and how he raises money to close on these properties.
If you want to scale your business and want the blueprint for how to do it, don’t miss this powerful episode!
Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 17 votes
7y
I loved this episode!
Sterling really showed his confidence, and his mindset on tackling tough challenges. When asked about fears on approaching friends and family for investors, he simply said "it's just something you'll need to get over". No special tricks, just action.
Rental Property Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 17 votes
7y
I loved this episode!
Sterling really showed his confidence, and his mindset on tackling tough challenges. When asked about fears on approaching friends and family for investors, he simply said "it's just something you'll need to get over". No special tricks, just action.
Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 25 votes
7y
Great podcast here, very motivating mindset from Sterling! If there's anything I've needed reminding of lately, it's to keep taking action and tell people who you are and what you can do!
The podcast is still being uploaded to Google Play. My podcast host says I'm doing everything right on my end, yet many listeners are having this same issue. (But not all listeners, it's weird.)
Either uninstall and reinstall Google Play, or try Google Podcasts. The show is available everywhere podcasts are found so if neither of these solutions work, there are other options.
Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
7y
what a inspirational real life story on how someone can grow their business over just a few short years. Definitely worth the listen to learn how Sterling grew as such a quick rate. Lots of tid-bits of good info in here. I recommend.
Rental Property Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 1 vote
7y
Great episode! Just listened to it today while driving for dollars!
Learned a lot of good info, and really enjoyed learning about the rubiks cube strategy; seems like a great way to make follow ups easier and more memorable.
Rental Property Investor · Hamel, MN · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 48 votes
7y
Great motivation in this show. Another example of "graduating" to multi-family investing to scale, which supports my mindset of skipping single-family altogether. Great attitude, and great example of tenacity.
Allentown, PA · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 9 votes
7y
Really enjoyed this episode. Sterling's passion really shows and is very motivational. He is a real person of action and it really kicks me into gear when I listen to him speak.
Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 293 posts · 383 votes
7y
I love the Rubik’s cube marketing idea. Definitely need to copy that when I got sellers on the fence. @Sterling White This episode has definitely gotten me to up my marketing efforts here in Chicago! Keep up the great work!!
Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 3 votes
7y
Thanks @Sterling White for sharing your story. Your mindset is phenomenal. You inspired me. I agree with @David Shelton, @David Green was perfect. David, you sure you're not from the South?
Rental Property Investor · Rochester MN · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 106 votes
7y
@Tyler Gibson I had the same problem from "podcast addict". I found that using the "biggerpockets" app solved the problem. I am now listening to the podcasts directly through the app.