BiggerPockets is 7 Years Old! What has BP Meant to You?

BiggerPockets is 7 Years Old! What has BP Meant to You?

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

I can't believe that it has been 7 years since the birth of BiggerPockets on October 22, 2004.

I put together a brief blog post and video on the topic (link below):
BiggerPockets Turns 7 - Happy Birthday

I wanted to get some feedback from you guys about what this place has meant to you. As you can see from the video, I find it hard to put into words what this place means to me . . . I figured your stories might help share the picture of the importance of BP to the real estate investment space. Please leave your thoughts below.

Thanks for all your support; please help spread the word about BiggerPockets to the world!

Josh

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 105 posts · 71 votes
14y

First Happy Birthday BiggerPockets and congrats to the proud Papa as 7 Years is like 70 Years in Internet time. You have done an outstanding job.

For me BiggerPockets started as a place to be a passive reader. I started by reading the Blogs and Forums. This aloud me to find some tremendous leaders who were always willing to share their experience.

From there I started to reply to an occasional blog or forum post that was in my sweet spot of buy and hold investing.

After a few months of this I stepped up and proposed my own forum discussions, asked some questions and wrote an occasional blog post.

As of today I am honored to be a weekly contributor (Monday's) and I am weaving my buy and hold investing program into topics that are aimed and new investors and investors with full time jobs.

I look forward to BiggerPockets being a part of my lead generation going forward as the site helps build my reputation and brand.

Should be lots of FUN!!!

Good Investing

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 105 posts · 71 votes
    14y

    First Happy Birthday BiggerPockets and congrats to the proud Papa as 7 Years is like 70 Years in Internet time. You have done an outstanding job.

    For me BiggerPockets started as a place to be a passive reader. I started by reading the Blogs and Forums. This aloud me to find some tremendous leaders who were always willing to share their experience.

    From there I started to reply to an occasional blog or forum post that was in my sweet spot of buy and hold investing.

    After a few months of this I stepped up and proposed my own forum discussions, asked some questions and wrote an occasional blog post.

    As of today I am honored to be a weekly contributor (Monday's) and I am weaving my buy and hold investing program into topics that are aimed and new investors and investors with full time jobs.

    I look forward to BiggerPockets being a part of my lead generation going forward as the site helps build my reputation and brand.

    Should be lots of FUN!!!

    Good Investing

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Thanks, Michael! It has been great getting to know you and having you as a visible part of the community. Thank you for sharing your story!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Bigger Pockets > Hot Pockets! I can say with 100% honesty that BP has transformed my real estate investing career. Since I started reading BP I am on my 5th real estate deal (in just two years of being on BP and less than one year of investing). BP is the first place I go when I am unsure of a situation, because more than likely someone on BP has already seen the same thing and been nice enough to share it with the community. I have avoided many mistakes because of BP, taken action because of BP and would not be where I am today without the help of BP and its contributors.

    Thanks Josh for working so hard to create a community like BP, and thanks to the people who stick around and continue to help others get their start and improve their skills in real estate investing.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Hey James - I'm honored to have played such a significant role in your real estate investment career. Congrats on all your successes and thank you for sharing your story here and elsewhere on the site for all to see.

    As I've said before, keep making it happen and please be sure to share some of these deals with us.

    Oh, and thanks for the message!

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 916 posts · 296 votes
    14y

    I just recently joined BP, but the site is awesome. There's so much info here for every type of RE investor. The only thing I regret about getting started in real estate is that I didn't find BP before buying my first house. BP has transformed me from an investor dependant on the MLS to one that goes out and finds deals through various routes. It has also equipped me with the knowledge to confidently answer sellers' questions.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 244 posts · 36 votes
    14y

    Happy Birthday to Bigger Pockets, I really appreciate this site and to all of the great members that continue to contribute knowledge. Since I've been a member here I have learned enough to jump off the fence and have been full time investing for the past 3 years. As I continue to learn, I continue to grow.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Thanks for the messages, Shanequa and Sanjiv. I don't know you guys very well, but have certainly seen you around the site. I'm glad that you've seen the value in BiggerPockets and hope you're both hugely successful! Please help spread the word about BP!

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 160 votes
    14y

    BP = everything you need to know about REI, period!
    I've learned a lot since finding this site, so much of what I assumed about investing in RE was pretty far off the mark.

    Appreciate all your effort to bring us this site Josh.
    Also appreciate all the members who are always here to share and help.

    Happy Birthday BP.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Congratulations on a fantastic website and community. Its gotta be pretty cool to have something that does such good for so many people. Its just the cycle of positive energy and valuable information that keeps building.

    For me this place was the start of it all. Where I found my first meetings to attend, first discussions, first contacts in the business. Without this place I would of had no idea where to start, I really look forward to making more contacts here and being of assistance to others as I learn.

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Bigger Pockets is single handily changing the way real estate investors communicate and share ideas by giving the everyday investor a seat at the discussion table. If you look around on BP you will find investors from all levels of success and so many varied backgrounds and the level of inter-action is amazing.

    Since devoting a couple of hours each day to read, sometimes post and often comment on the forums, blogs and articles, I have witnessed an increase in following on all of my social media sites and my own website. It is always a very cool feeling when an investor connects and says they first heard about me or my company from Bigger Pockets.

    I really believe this site is going to set the standard for investor information, accountability and opportunity in the real estate investing world. Keep dreaming up big things Josh!

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2011 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    Congratulations Joshua.

    I have got to meet interesting people and the knowledge gathered gave me the confidence to creatively purchase three major properties. Two of these were low loan to value with no money out of pocket.

    Thanks

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Kevin - Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback.

    Tim - I'm glad we could help get you started. As I ask everyone, please be sure to keep us in the loop with your progress!

    Chris - I know you're a believer, and one of the more generous donors to the site. Thanks for continuing to believe in what we're doing here.

    Oz - Nice to see you! Wow - 3 deals . . . AWESOME! Please share these in our BiggerPockets Success Stories forum. Thanks for the comment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.