You Asked For It! Announcing BPCON 2021 - New Orleans!!!

You Asked For It! Announcing BPCON 2021 - New Orleans!!!

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Hey hey hey BiggerPocketeers!

We hosted our first event in 2019 - and it was a rousing success!!! You wanted another, and here we are!

Join us in New Orleans, October 4-5, 2021. You’ll learn about many areas of real estate investing, take a deep dive into the ever-changing economy, get inspired by real estate success stories, and acquire skills to help you achieve financial freedom. All of this will happen alongside other like-minded investors who are pursuing the same goals and chasing the same dreams as you! 

Logistics to Know

When: October 4-5, 2021
Where: The fun is happening at The Sheraton Hotel New Orleans
Who: You and 1,500 other investors from across the country!

Buy your tickets today at www.bpcon2021.com

I will see you there!!!

PS: Questions? Ask away!

54
Topic locked
397 views

Most Popular Reply

David RobertsonBusiness Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 757 posts · 778 votes
5y

I need to get my stats updated for my BP Profile t-shirts this year! 😜😉

If anybody wants the Photoshop file for creating your own BP Profile t-shirt design let me know, it was a great ice breaker!

FlipperForce
28
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

122 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2020 · 138 posts · 128 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tara S.:

    @Mindy Jensen

    We got our tickets!!!! See you guys there!!

     Hey Tara, A fellow NJ investor here. Im heading down too. We should connect!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Tara S.Pro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2019 · 125 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    @Dennis Yosco

    Yes!! I am going to message you !!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 97 votes
    5y

    Just booked. New Orleans was always on my top 3 U.S. travel destination list for decades, but it always got beat out due to one reason or another.

    Looking forward to the networking and wide-eyed inspiration from the speakers.

    Coming in from Los Angeles (8+ year resident), but will always be a New Englander (N.H.). 

    So many interesting seminars; it was hard to pick just one per group. Really bummed I have to miss out on most of them.

    It's not even fair imo that @David Greene and @J Scott have seminars. No one else in their groups even had a chance once I saw their names there! 

    Signed up for:

    Rental Property Panel

    By Jesse Fragale Real Estate Broker & Investor, Chad Carson Wrote A Best-Selling Book "Retire Early With Real Estate", Brie Schmidt Managing Broker Of Second City Real Estate, J Scott Author Of Four BiggerPockets Books, Partner At Bar Down Investments, Darren Sager Real Estate Investor and Realtor

    Short Term Rental Property Panel

    By Sara Robinson Real Estate Investor & Youtuber, Zeona McIntyre Real Estate Investor, Airbnb Host , Avery Carl CEO & Founder Of The Short Term Shop, Tony Robinson Host of the BiggerPockets Rookie Podcast

    Tax Strategies for Savvy Real Estate Investors

    By Matt MacFarland CPA & Co-Author Of Tax Strategies Series, Amanda Han Keystone CPA Specializes In Creating Tax-Saving Strategies

    5 Strategies for Growing Your Real Estate Business (Or Any Business)

    By J Scott Author Of Four BiggerPockets Books, Partner At Bar Down Investments

    Store Up Profits in Self-Storage

    By Paul Moore BiggerPockets Contributor & Finalist For Michigan Entrepreneur Of The Year

    Profiting with BRRRR Strategies

    By David Greene Co-host of The BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast

    3
    Topic locked
  • Paul MoorePro Member
    Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Hey @Shawn Regnier I look forward to seeing you and everyone in New Orleans!  It’s going to be a lot of fun and we’re all going to learn a lot and make connections that could last a lifetime.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Broker · Sierra Madre, CA · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 22 votes
    5y

    Hey @Shawn Regnier,

    I just booked my flights, hotel and tickets to the conference as well. We will definitely be running into each other as I am signed up for the rental property panel, short term rental property panel, 5 strategies for growing your real estate business, and profiting with BRRRR strategies. I will see you there! And New Orleans is one of my favorite cities! Been here numerous times for Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and a couple Final Fours! You will love it!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 523 posts · 476 votes
    5y

    Yes! This will be amazing. Who's down to discuss BRRRR and multifamily investing.....after hours on Bourbon Street? For those who haven't been, New Orleans is an incredible city.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Jason TougasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    @Kip Cline

    Howdy kip!

    I’m originally from Michigan (troll from downstate) but have been out in texas a while now and various other states before that.

    I’ll be out at the conference this year - would love to meet up and discuss real estate back home!

    Chat with you soon!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 97 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Scott Winnie:

    Hey @Shawn Regnier,

    I just booked my flights, hotel and tickets to the conference as well. We will definitely be running into each other as I am signed up for the rental property panel, short term rental property panel, 5 strategies for growing your real estate business, and profiting with BRRRR strategies. I will see you there! And New Orleans is one of my favorite cities! Been here numerous times for Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and a couple Final Fours! You will love it!

    Scott Winnie

    Hey @Scott Winnie look forward to meeting you. Should be a blast. 

    1
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2020 · 138 posts · 128 votes
    5y

    @Mindy Jensen @Alexandra Hughes Pailet Can we create a Forum that's specific for people attending BPCON. Something that is exclusive only to registered attendants. It'd be a great way to start networking prior to the event. Then we'd be able to make plans on meet ups and such in one easy to access area.

    1
    Topic locked
    • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Dennis Yosco:

      @Mindy Jensen @Alexandra Hughes Pailet Can we create a Forum that's specific for people attending BPCON. Something that is exclusive only to registered attendants. It'd be a great way to start networking prior to the event. Then we'd be able to make plans on meet ups and such in one easy to access area.

      Ask and you shall recieve! Great idea!

      New forum here:

      https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

      BiggerPockets
      0
      Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Sault Sainte Marie, MI · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Jason Tougas

    For sure I’d love to meet up!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    Hey BP World!  I can't wait to meet many of you at BPCON!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    @Mindy Jensen I am looking forward to attending my second BP conference, BPCON2021! I just booked my flight and hotel at the Sheraton Hotel arriving Sunday afternoon. @Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the shout out. We will definitely spend some time together catching up. 

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet one request for the team at BP. Please record all the sessions and make them available on-demand to show attendees later. There are so many good sessions that conflict with each other and it is hard to pick. 

    For those who attended the first conference, the format is a little different this time. You may all remember that attendance to the sessions was open choice when you got there. That resulted in some sessions being overcrowded. Literally people couldn't get into the room and it was probably a fire code violation. This time you have to sign up for your sessions when you book. That will help with overcrowding.

    For Sunday night I am looking for something to do. If there is a vendor hosting an event, let me know. If nothing else I am sure a group of us could grab some drinks and talk real estate at one of the many fine establishments.  

    These are the sessions I signed up for:

    Monday 10-11: Establishing Market Dominance Through Search Engine Optimization with my buddy @Jerryll Noorden who told me "the more people in the room the better". He prefers speaking in front of larger crowds. Jerryll is a smart dude and guaranteed you will pick up some great tips on getting better search ranking. If you are direct marketing to buy homes, you have to attend this session.

    Monday 11:15-12:15: Diversification Through Note Investing and Other Lessons From 30+ Years in Real Estate Business with @Dave Van Horn who I have never met, but look forward to attending his session. I have never done note investing so I picked this as a way to get exposed to a new area of real estate that I lack experience. There is also a short term rental panel at the same time that has @Avery Carl and others in discussion. I am sure that is an excellent session too for anyone looking to learn more about STR and vacation rental market. I saw Avery speak in the first BPCON. She did great and she packed the room.

    Monday 1:45-2:45: How to Start A Podcast to Build Your Business with @Kevin Leahy @Scott Trench @Brandon Turner @Liz Faircloth @Andrea Guidelli. This session was a an easy pick with all the talented and smart people presenting. I have actually considered starting a podcast with the volumes of real estate knowledge in my head and a couple good ideas for unique concepts. All I really lack is the "how to get started" part and maybe a good co-host. Unfortunately there are a couple other good sessions at the same time including one on Tax Strategy and @Brian Burke talking about syndications.

    Tuesday 10:30-11:30: 5 Strategies for Growing Your Real Estate Business (or any business) with the untaggable @J Scott. What else do I need to say? J Scott is usually the smartest guy in the room, so I am sure there will be lots of good nuggets of information. He has a ton of early content in the BP forums and has authored several books. Of course he is also the Business podcast host.

    Tuesday 1:15-2:15: 10 Lessons Learned from Buying 3000 Units in 2 Years with Brandon Turner and Brian Murray. That is all they bought in two years, man they need to get hustling, haha. Open Door Capital is seriously impressive. Even with doing that many deals, they are raising money faster than they can find deals. Obviously Brandon is an amazing spokesperson for the brand, but there is much more under the hood in that business. I am interested to hear more.

    Tuesday 2:30-3:30: How to Invest Using Tax Liens with my friend and fellow  @Ned Carey who I am looking forward to meeting in person. I don't know much about tax liens, so this should be interesting. has a BRRRR session at the same time that I am sure will also be great and well attended.

    There are also keynote addresses and a live podcast recording that will open to everyone. It looks like a great line up.

    The Sheraton is $250 a night which is the conference rate. My Marriott rewards rate for the same nights was over $300, so yes the $250 rate is a discounted rate. If you want to save some money you can stay a half mile away for half that price. In my experience it is better to book your hotel at the conference venue, but if you are on a budget there are good hotels in walking distance. 

    I have traveled the country and been to most every major city. New Orleans is one city I have never been to, so I am excited to check it out. I look forward to meeting so many of you. Anyone attending and interested in connecting, feel free to send me a connection request. It is great to know people before you get there.

     Travel and arrangements are all booked, can't wait to present and see you all there! And @Joe Splitrock We'll have to connect!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I am brand new to BiggerPockets Pro and I am try to acquire my first investment.  Would I be over my head if I attended BPCON? I'm thinking it would be very beneficial but I wanted to get a second option 

    1
    Topic locked
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Katrina Hanson I don't think you would be over your head.  This could be a great opportunity for you to network with other more experienced investors and get your questions answered. 

    I have always felt investing in me the is the best investment I can make. So I have attended all kinds seminars,conventions, classes etc. Whether it is right for you depends in part on your budget.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 99 posts · 97 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Katrina Hanson:

    I am brand new to BiggerPockets Pro and I am try to acquire my first investment.  Would I be over my head if I attended BPCON? I'm thinking it would be very beneficial but I wanted to get a second option 

    I wouldn’t worry about your experience level @Katrina Hanson. I’m sure many of us will be walking around with impostor syndrome at the convention. 😎

    1
    Topic locked
  • Contractor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Just jumping in to express the excitement of attending this event! Sounds like a fantastic group of people from the tread posts!

    If anyone from NY/NYC area is attending and would like to get together at some stage through out event that would be great. Please connect - Can trade beers for good knowledge ;)

    @Dennis Yosco - Love that you are looking to pick up STR on your trip!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tom HarkinsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · DC Area · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    I’ll be there, looking forward to it!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · FL · Member since 2020 · 41 posts · 21 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Denis O'Mahony:

    Just jumping in to express the excitement of attending this event! Sounds like a fantastic group of people from the tread posts!

    If anyone from NY/NYC area is attending and would like to get together at some stage through out event that would be great. Please connect - Can trade beers for good knowledge ;)

    @Dennis Yosco - Love that you are looking to pick up STR on your trip!

    -
    I'm from NYC and I'll be attending! let's definitely connect :D

    0
    Topic locked
  • Contractor · Yonkers, NY · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Grace A. Sounds great Grace!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Ted SungPro Member
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hi @Shawn Regnier, noticed that you are from LA as well. Would love to connect. Cheers!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Looking to make my first purchase of an 8 Unit BRRR in the Detroit, MI market.

    Anyone had bad experiences out there, Also has the memorandum effected anyone bottom-line if so how did you handle it

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Consultant · Joppa, MD · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 178 votes
    5y

    You had me at New Orleans! My absolute favorite city in the country! Anyone else from the DMV going?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I can't find details about bpcon 2021. Where do I sign up? I joined BP as a PRO member this AM.

    0
    Topic locked
    • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Account Closed:

      I can't find details about bpcon 2021. Where do I sign up? I joined BP as a PRO member this AM.

      Hey John!

      You can find all of the info here: BPCON2021.com

      We have about 40 tickets left! 

      BiggerPockets
      0
      Topic locked
  • Heather TrahanPro Member
    Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y
    2
    Topic locked
  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @David Robertson yes please! How do I make such an awesome shirt! Side note: I'd better get posting a bit more. My stats are a little sad right now!

    0
    Topic locked