You Asked For It! Announcing BPCON 2021 - New Orleans!!!

You Asked For It! Announcing BPCON 2021 - New Orleans!!!

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Hey hey hey BiggerPocketeers!

We hosted our first event in 2019 - and it was a rousing success!!! You wanted another, and here we are!

Join us in New Orleans, October 4-5, 2021. You’ll learn about many areas of real estate investing, take a deep dive into the ever-changing economy, get inspired by real estate success stories, and acquire skills to help you achieve financial freedom. All of this will happen alongside other like-minded investors who are pursuing the same goals and chasing the same dreams as you! 

Logistics to Know

When: October 4-5, 2021
Where: The fun is happening at The Sheraton Hotel New Orleans
Who: You and 1,500 other investors from across the country!

Buy your tickets today at www.bpcon2021.com

I will see you there!!!

PS: Questions? Ask away!

54
Topic locked
389 views

Most Popular Reply

David RobertsonBusiness Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 757 posts · 778 votes
5y

I need to get my stats updated for my BP Profile t-shirts this year! 😜😉

If anybody wants the Photoshop file for creating your own BP Profile t-shirt design let me know, it was a great ice breaker!

FlipperForce
28
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

122 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y

    @Mindy Jensen I am looking forward to attending my second BP conference, BPCON2021! I just booked my flight and hotel at the Sheraton Hotel arriving Sunday afternoon. @Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the shout out. We will definitely spend some time together catching up. 

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet one request for the team at BP. Please record all the sessions and make them available on-demand to show attendees later. There are so many good sessions that conflict with each other and it is hard to pick. 

    For those who attended the first conference, the format is a little different this time. You may all remember that attendance to the sessions was open choice when you got there. That resulted in some sessions being overcrowded. Literally people couldn't get into the room and it was probably a fire code violation. This time you have to sign up for your sessions when you book. That will help with overcrowding.

    For Sunday night I am looking for something to do. If there is a vendor hosting an event, let me know. If nothing else I am sure a group of us could grab some drinks and talk real estate at one of the many fine establishments.  

    These are the sessions I signed up for:

    Monday 10-11: Establishing Market Dominance Through Search Engine Optimization with my buddy @Jerryll Noorden who told me "the more people in the room the better". He prefers speaking in front of larger crowds. Jerryll is a smart dude and guaranteed you will pick up some great tips on getting better search ranking. If you are direct marketing to buy homes, you have to attend this session.

    Monday 11:15-12:15: Diversification Through Note Investing and Other Lessons From 30+ Years in Real Estate Business with @Dave Van Horn who I have never met, but look forward to attending his session. I have never done note investing so I picked this as a way to get exposed to a new area of real estate that I lack experience. There is also a short term rental panel at the same time that has @Avery Carl and others in discussion. I am sure that is an excellent session too for anyone looking to learn more about STR and vacation rental market. I saw Avery speak in the first BPCON. She did great and she packed the room.

    Monday 1:45-2:45: How to Start A Podcast to Build Your Business with @Kevin Leahy @Scott Trench @Brandon Turner @Liz Faircloth @Andrea Guidelli. This session was a an easy pick with all the talented and smart people presenting. I have actually considered starting a podcast with the volumes of real estate knowledge in my head and a couple good ideas for unique concepts. All I really lack is the "how to get started" part and maybe a good co-host. Unfortunately there are a couple other good sessions at the same time including one on Tax Strategy and @Brian Burke talking about syndications.

    Tuesday 10:30-11:30: 5 Strategies for Growing Your Real Estate Business (or any business) with the untaggable @J Scott. What else do I need to say? J Scott is usually the smartest guy in the room, so I am sure there will be lots of good nuggets of information. He has a ton of early content in the BP forums and has authored several books. Of course he is also the Business podcast host.

    Tuesday 1:15-2:15: 10 Lessons Learned from Buying 3000 Units in 2 Years with Brandon Turner and Brian Murray. That is all they bought in two years, man they need to get hustling, haha. Open Door Capital is seriously impressive. Even with doing that many deals, they are raising money faster than they can find deals. Obviously Brandon is an amazing spokesperson for the brand, but there is much more under the hood in that business. I am interested to hear more.

    Tuesday 2:30-3:30: How to Invest Using Tax Liens with my friend and fellow  @Ned Carey who I am looking forward to meeting in person. I don't know much about tax liens, so this should be interesting. has a BRRRR session at the same time that I am sure will also be great and well attended.

    There are also keynote addresses and a live podcast recording that will open to everyone. It looks like a great line up.

    The Sheraton is $250 a night which is the conference rate. My Marriott rewards rate for the same nights was over $300, so yes the $250 rate is a discounted rate. If you want to save some money you can stay a half mile away for half that price. In my experience it is better to book your hotel at the conference venue, but if you are on a budget there are good hotels in walking distance. 

    I have traveled the country and been to most every major city. New Orleans is one city I have never been to, so I am excited to check it out. I look forward to meeting so many of you. Anyone attending and interested in connecting, feel free to send me a connection request. It is great to know people before you get there.

    7
    Topic locked
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    @Mindy Jensen I am looking forward to attending my second BP conference, BPCON2021! I just booked my flight and hotel at the Sheraton Hotel arriving Sunday afternoon. @Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the shout out. We will definitely spend some time together catching up. 

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet one request for the team at BP. Please record all the sessions and make them available on-demand to show attendees later. There are so many good sessions that conflict with each other and it is hard to pick. 

    For those who attended the first conference, the format is a little different this time. You may all remember that attendance to the sessions was open choice when you got there. That resulted in some sessions being overcrowded. Literally people couldn't get into the room and it was probably a fire code violation. This time you have to sign up for your sessions when you book. That will help with overcrowding.

    For Sunday night I am looking for something to do. If there is a vendor hosting an event, let me know. If nothing else I am sure a group of us could grab some drinks and talk real estate at one of the many fine establishments.  

    These are the sessions I signed up for:

    Monday 10-11: Establishing Market Dominance Through Search Engine Optimization with my buddy @Jerryll Noorden who told me "the more people in the room the better". He prefers speaking in front of larger crowds. Jerryll is a smart dude and guaranteed you will pick up some great tips on getting better search ranking. If you are direct marketing to buy homes, you have to attend this session.

     DUDE!!!!!

    Do you have any idea how much more nervous you just made me!!

    Punk!

    5
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2020 · 138 posts · 128 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    @Mindy Jensen I am looking forward to attending my second BP conference, BPCON2021! I just booked my flight and hotel at the Sheraton Hotel arriving Sunday afternoon. @Shiloh Lundahl thanks for the shout out. We will definitely spend some time together catching up. 

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet one request for the team at BP. Please record all the sessions and make them available on-demand to show attendees later. There are so many good sessions that conflict with each other and it is hard to pick. 

    For those who attended the first conference, the format is a little different this time. You may all remember that attendance to the sessions was open choice when you got there. That resulted in some sessions being overcrowded. Literally people couldn't get into the room and it was probably a fire code violation. This time you have to sign up for your sessions when you book. That will help with overcrowding.

    For Sunday night I am looking for something to do. If there is a vendor hosting an event, let me know. If nothing else I am sure a group of us could grab some drinks and talk real estate at one of the many fine establishments.  

    These are the sessions I signed up for:

    Monday 10-11: Establishing Market Dominance Through Search Engine Optimization with my buddy @Jerryll Noorden who told me "the more people in the room the better". He prefers speaking in front of larger crowds. Jerryll is a smart dude and guaranteed you will pick up some great tips on getting better search ranking. If you are direct marketing to buy homes, you have to attend this session.

    Monday 11:15-12:15: Diversification Through Note Investing and Other Lessons From 30+ Years in Real Estate Business with @Dave Van Horn who I have never met, but look forward to attending his session. I have never done note investing so I picked this as a way to get exposed to a new area of real estate that I lack experience. There is also a short term rental panel at the same time that has @Avery Carl and others in discussion. I am sure that is an excellent session too for anyone looking to learn more about STR and vacation rental market. I saw Avery speak in the first BPCON. She did great and she packed the room.

    Monday 1:45-2:45: How to Start A Podcast to Build Your Business with @Kevin Leahy @Scott Trench @Brandon Turner @Liz Faircloth @Andrea Guidelli. This session was a an easy pick with all the talented and smart people presenting. I have actually considered starting a podcast with the volumes of real estate knowledge in my head and a couple good ideas for unique concepts. All I really lack is the "how to get started" part and maybe a good co-host. Unfortunately there are a couple other good sessions at the same time including one on Tax Strategy and @Brian Burke talking about syndications.

    Tuesday 10:30-11:30: 5 Strategies for Growing Your Real Estate Business (or any business) with the untaggable @J Scott. What else do I need to say? J Scott is usually the smartest guy in the room, so I am sure there will be lots of good nuggets of information. He has a ton of early content in the BP forums and has authored several books. Of course he is also the Business podcast host.

    Tuesday 1:15-2:15: 10 Lessons Learned from Buying 3000 Units in 2 Years with Brandon Turner and Brian Murray. That is all they bought in two years, man they need to get hustling, haha. Open Door Capital is seriously impressive. Even with doing that many deals, they are raising money faster than they can find deals. Obviously Brandon is an amazing spokesperson for the brand, but there is much more under the hood in that business. I am interested to hear more.

    Tuesday 2:30-3:30: How to Invest Using Tax Liens with my friend and fellow @Moderators @Ned Carey who I am looking forward to meeting in person. I don't know much about tax liens, so this should be interesting. @David Greene has a BRRRR session at the same time that I am sure will also be great and well attended.

    There are also keynote addresses and a live podcast recording that will open to everyone. It looks like a great line up.

    The Sheraton is $250 a night which is the conference rate. My Marriott rewards rate for the same nights was over $300, so yes the $250 rate is a discounted rate. If you want to save some money you can stay a half mile away for half that price. In my experience it is better to book your hotel at the conference venue, but if you are on a budget there are good hotels in walking distance. 

    I have traveled the country and been to most every major city. New Orleans is one city I have never been to, so I am excited to check it out. I look forward to meeting so many of you. Anyone attending and interested in connecting, feel free to send me a connection request. It is great to know people before you get there.

     Hey I’m down to get together Sunday.  I’ll be in town around 3. I am booked jw marriot but may move it to the Sheraton. 

    I love New Orleans. It’s such a fun town and it’s not all about drinking and partying. I find the locals are super nice and very open. 

    I plan on buying a STR while I'm down there so I'll be house hunting in New Orleans so if anyone wants to tag along I'll be doing that wed. I have a friend who lives there and I've visited a few times.

    1
    Topic locked
  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

    BiggerPockets
    0
    Topic locked
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    Anyone know how to post GIFs in these forums? I'm trying to post and explosion/boom GIF and not having any luck. : (

    1
    Topic locked
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    1
    Topic locked
  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    Joe - That's a great idea! I'll pass this feedback along to our Event Ops Manager. 

    BiggerPockets
    0
    Topic locked
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:

    Anyone know how to post GIFs in these forums? I'm trying to post and explosion/boom GIF and not having any luck. : (

     I have dragged and dropped GIFs before, but it is not working today. Definitely some type of site bug. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Banker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 257 posts · 143 votes
    5y

    Awesome I can't wait for this in New Orleans! :)

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Broker · Homer, AK · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Booked and coming from Alaska!

    2
    Topic locked
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 223 posts · 177 votes
    5y
    I see you

    Originally posted by @Valerie Buss:

    Booked and coming from Alaska!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Broker · Homer, AK · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Haha! You're next

    0
    Topic locked
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    I am afraid I will have to pass :-(

    While I do anticipate the border being fully open buy October, I've decided to postpone international travel until the end of 2021 (when our under-12 kid should be vaccinated).
    I have a long list of family that have not been seen in-person for 18+ months ... so that will be the priority.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    @Mindy Jensen

    My wife and I are booked and ready to go! Looking forward to our first BPCON!

    4
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    let’s go! 🤝

    0
    Topic locked
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:

    Anyone know how to post GIFs in these forums? I'm trying to post and explosion/boom GIF and not having any luck. : (

     I have dragged and dropped GIFs before, but it is not working today. Definitely some type of site bug. 

    Yeah, I did it one time but can't remember how (or it isn't working anymore). Oh well. I guess you all will just have to imagine a "boom" GIF. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    Joe - That's a great idea! I'll pass this feedback along to our Event Ops Manager. 


    Would you let my brother record my talk? He could then send the video to you and if you wanted to post it or make it available, do so. The audio wouldn't be great, but would probably be at least tolerable. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    Joe - That's a great idea! I'll pass this feedback along to our Event Ops Manager. 


    Would you let my brother record my talk? He could then send the video to you and if you wanted to post it or make it available, do so. The audio wouldn't be great, but would probably be at least tolerable. 

    I would love to take you up on that offer but unfortunately, the hotel + their AV company won't allow that. 

    BiggerPockets
    0
    Topic locked
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    Joe - That's a great idea! I'll pass this feedback along to our Event Ops Manager. 


    Would you let my brother record my talk? He could then send the video to you and if you wanted to post it or make it available, do so. The audio wouldn't be great, but would probably be at least tolerable. 

    I would love to take you up on that offer but unfortunately, the hotel + their AV company won't allow that. 

     As I suspected, because they want you to pay for them to do it. I have done trade shows for years. I remember one time in Vegas I was plugging in a power strip. The union worker freaked out and got management on the floor. Apparently it was his job to plug in power strips and I had to rent theirs instead of supplying my own. $200 later and I had everything plugged in. Lesson learned, do it when they are not looking...

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    My wife and I are planning to attend the conference.  I am a Pro member.  Can we both get tickets at the Pro rate ($750)?

    Thanks!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 279 posts · 257 votes
    5y

    Interesting. New Orleans...now that's only 5 hours away. Might just make it. Who wants to go red fishing in Barataria at the end of this?

    2
    Topic locked
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:

    @Joe Splitrock Love how you outlined the sessions you signed up for and tagged the speakers!

    I really wish I had good news for you with regards to session recording, but unfortunately, we aren't planning to record all sessions––just the main stage--due to budget and logistics contraints. Basically, we are at the mercy of the hotel AV company. 

     I totally understand. Will you be making presentations available in PDF format for attendees? Most the conferences I go to offer that as a take-away for attendees for sessions you can't attend and it is really helpful.

    Joe - That's a great idea! I'll pass this feedback along to our Event Ops Manager. 


    Would you let my brother record my talk? He could then send the video to you and if you wanted to post it or make it available, do so. The audio wouldn't be great, but would probably be at least tolerable. 

    I would love to take you up on that offer but unfortunately, the hotel + their AV company won't allow that. 

     Very sad. No worries, thank you

    0
    Topic locked
  • Heather TrahanPro Member
    Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    We bought our tickets last weekend. So excited or this. I’m really looking forward to getting to spend some time with so many like minded people. :)

    2
    Topic locked
  • Tara S.Pro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2019 · 125 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    @Mindy Jensen

    We got our tickets!!!! See you guys there!!

    1
    Topic locked
  • New to Real Estate · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Booked! My first big step as a "newbie". I cannot wait to be there and to finally be taking this enormous step towards financial freedom and be surrounded by like minded people!

    2
    Topic locked