Christine Lenz
  • Lumberton, NJ
Votes |
Mobile Home Investing - Dealer License in NJ

Christine Lenz
  • Lumberton, NJ
Posted Sep 14 2015, 10:34

Hi there, 

I'm new to investing and have found that I have an interest in mobile home investing. While researching this niche I read that most states at some point require you to obtain a dealer license in order to buy and sell mobile homes. I live in NJ and contacted the Department of Motor Vehicle to get more info. I explained that I'm interested in purchasing mobile homes primarily in mobile home parks and either flipping them or owner financing them. I was told that in order to buy and sell mobile homes in NJ I would have to obtain a used car dealer license and meet all the mandatory requirements, one of which is showing proof that I have a physical office with signage and a lot that is large enough to park two units on. Obviously that requirement makes sense for an actual used car dealer, but not for mobile home investing. Unfortunately the person I spoke to could have cared less and could offer no alternatives. So I'm wondering if there are any New Jersey mobile home investors out there who might know the solution for my problem. 

Thanks 

Loading replies...